Home
Posted By: KyWindageII Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/03/15
Walked into a store that had a bunch of this. Can't find a lot of reloading information online or in the manuals. Note that it is listed as good for "light bullets" in .223. Want to try 40 grain and 50 grain Hornadys and Noslers.

Any of you folks have any experience with this powder In the .223?
Posted By: Seafire Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/03/15
Yeah, its a good one...

accurate and decent velocity yields...
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/03/15
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
Walked into a store that had a bunch of this. Can't find a lot of reloading information online or in the manuals. Note that it is listed as good for "light bullets" in .223. Want to try 40 grain and 50 grain Hornadys and Noslers.

Any of you folks have any experience with this powder In the .223?

I've gotten good performance from it, but use RS exterminator for most of my 40 gr. loads.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/03/15
I shot up a couple of pounds of it a few years ago. In the 223 and 22BR, it gave pretty decent accuracy with the 40 grainers. It's in the ballpark and niche of roughly H-322, if I remember right.
One thing I find somewhat odd is the bouquet of aroma. The stuff smells funny to me.
Posted By: tominboise Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/03/15
I have shot some fantastic groups out of my Cooper 223 using 10X and 50 gr bullets. As mentioned, on par with H322. Good stuff. Meters well enough to throw charges directly.

I didn't notice any smell.....
Posted By: Mesabi Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/04/15
It's given excellent results in a half-dozen of my .223s with twists ranging from 1-8 to 1-12 inches; so much so that it's become my standard varmint blaster load. I've settled on 25.1 grains with a 40 grain V-Max or Blitz moly and CCI BR4 primer.
Posted By: elkchsr Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/04/15
10x works really well in my 222 with 50gr bullets. I originally tried it because it was the only powder available, I kept buying it because it works.
Posted By: JPro Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/04/15
I like it in the .223 with 50gr bullets. Great speeds and groups.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/04/15
The only negative i have heard about 10X it is temp sensitive at close to max load and it will have pressure spikes in really hot weather . I have two pounds at the moment, but haven't got around to trying it as of today .
Posted By: Optimax90 Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/11/15
Love the R-10 in my .223AI running 50gr v-maxs @3675 with extreme consistency. Chronograph will duplicate 8 out 10 at that speed every time. And have shot a few 5 shot one hole groups with it. I have not seen any pressure issues and it has held true in -25 to -35 temps last month
Posted By: admin100 Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/11/15
for me, it seemed to work better in a 10 twist barrel with 55 grain bullets, than it does in my 8 twist with 69 grain bullets.,.
Posted By: venatic Re: Alliant Reloader 10X? - 02/17/15
No one mentioned the issue I had with the stuff so maybe it's better although the 2 lbs I bought said "New" and Improved. wink

I was shooting it in a new 20 tactical and that powder left behind the most stubborn carbon I have ever tried to remove.
At first I thought maybe it was my cleaning solution so I kept changing stuff but nothing got it out easily. I later switched to N530 and about 3 patches and done. Nasty stuff.
Ky, here's a link to the 10x loads for 223. hope it helps some.

Bruce

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/powderlist.aspx?type=1&powderid=24&cartridge=46
© 24hourcampfire