Home
Posted By: Dude270 Russian SR mag primers? - 04/04/15
Anybody have experience with the Russian SR mag primers (part # KVB-223M)? If so let me know about them. I have a chance to pick up a bunch at a good price but want to make sure they will work for me. I plan to use them in the 223 normal and AI with ball and extruded powders and in the 6BR with ball and extruded as well. I have always used either remington 7 1/2 or cci 450's.

How do the Russian caps stack up? Thanks
Posted By: Darkker Re: Russian SR mag primers? - 04/05/15
I interchange them with both Winchester, and CCI's. Mr. Chronograph says there is not a terribly significant difference. Mr. Pressure Trace would suggest the wolf primers are less violent than the win/CCI.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Russian SR mag primers? - 04/10/15
thanks.

I picked up 1000 SR mags to try out.

anybody else used these?
Posted By: Seafire Re: Russian SR mag primers? - 04/10/15
no but I have a few local friends who swear by them, and use them exclusively after trying them...

they are varmint shooter and accuracy nuts, so they must be pretty consistent...

and they also say they have two other features they like... Cheaper and Available...

I've been getting sold on S&B primers as of late...
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Russian SR mag primers? - 04/11/15
I've been using the "non-magnum" KVB-223 Russian small-rifle primers for over a year now, and like them well enough that I just bought another 5000. (Would have bought more, but that was the limit at the place where I bought 'em.)
Posted By: huffmanite Re: Russian SR mag primers? - 04/12/15
Been using the Russian primers, LR&SR, for a few years now. I've no complaints about their performance. Do find them harder to seat than other brand primers. This is OK with me, especially if reloading a piece of brass that has a loose primer pocket. The Russian primers will have a tighter fit in them.
© 24hourcampfire