Home
Posted By: Diablero Questions CZ 527 - 11/17/15
My CZ 527 22 hornet is not ejecting loaded or empties. You pull the bolt back and the cartridge just sits on top of the magazine. What do I need an extractor? If so, where do I get one and how hard is it to install one. Giving that this is this problem. Your thoughts is appreciated...

Mike
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Questions CZ 527 - 11/17/15
It sounds like there's a problem with the ejector, not the extractor, but it could be either.

The extractor on the 527 is that long, thin piece of steel on the right side of the bolt, with a hooked end to grab the cartridge rim. It should hold the rim pretty firmly as the case extracts.

The ejector is inside the rear bridge of the action, and slides through the slot on the left side of the bolt. After the extractor pulls the case out of the chamber, the ejector pushes on the left side of the case-head to flip it out of the action.

I'd contact CZ USA, as they can fix it or recommend a gunsmith in your area.
Posted By: MT_DD_FAN Re: Questions CZ 527 - 11/17/15
Originally Posted by Diablero
My CZ 527 22 hornet is not ejecting loaded or empties. You pull the bolt back and the cartridge just sits on top of the magazine. <snip> Giving that this is this problem. Your thoughts is appreciated...Mike

How fast are you pulling the bolt back? If the bolt is pulled back very slowly, the ejector blade can push the case off the extractor and maybe leave it laying on top of the magazine. But what happens if the bolt is pulled rapidly and forcefully to the rear? Does the case still end up on top of the mag? Does it do this with the magazine both empty and loaded?
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: Questions CZ 527 - 11/18/15
Great suggestions here from the Montana think tank. To surmise my take on this I would try cycling the bolt a little more quickly / smartly and if that does not remedy the ejection issue you are experiencing to your satisfaction, a call & or E-mail to CZ USA may be in order.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/company/contact-us
Posted By: Diablero Re: Questions CZ 527 - 11/18/15
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'm going to work with it today. It could be me. I'm going to shoot and throw the bolt back more forcefully and see what happens. I might be unknowingly easing the bolt back to capture the brass before it hits the ground. Reloaders habit I'm sure lol...If that's not the case I'll be calling CZ.

Thanks

Mike
© 24hourcampfire