Home
I got one handed down to me, looking for information. It is a 250/3000 A.O. Niedner that I have yet to find actual serial numbers on the barrel. All I can find is an 05 and a 2. How can I attach a pic?
1. Setup an account on Photobucket or similar image-hosting site.

2. Upload pictures to your library.

3. There will be a way to copy & paste a link to the picture in the library. On Photobucket there is a box to click beside the IMG.

P.S. I'd post your question in the "Ask the Gunwriters" or "Custom Rifles & Wildcats" subforums.

And welcome to the 'fire.
Sounds like a cool rifle!!
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: A. O. Niedner Rifle - 01/29/16
Since Niedner built rifles on a variety of different actions, pictures would be most helpful.

I have owned a couple of Niedner built rifle on Krag, Savage, and Springfield actions.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: A. O. Niedner Rifle - 01/29/16
Indeed, learn how to post pics asap. We need a gander at this rifle. Shelhamer stock on it?

Geez, I wish Michael Petrov were around for this one.
http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/william_s_alexander/media/0308151019_resized_zpsz4gaaqsb.jpg.html
here is a picture of most of the gun. I hope. Mauser action.
This one is a Mauser action bolt.
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w467/william_s_alexander/0308151019_resized_zpsz4gaaqsb.jpg
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: A. O. Niedner Rifle - 01/31/16
Niedner moved to Michigan in the 20's, and work there was pretty much wrapped up by the end of WWII. That's about as close as it can be narrowed down, although I would GUESS that it is toward the end of that time period, as I don't see any screw holes for a receiver sight (unless they were skilfully filled). Scope-only sighting systems very rare back then. It does look like a Tom Shelhamer stock, from what little is visible in the pics. (He was the chief stockmaker at Niedner's.)

Butt plate or recoil pad? Cheek piece? Fore end treatment? Regardless, it is a fine example of pre-war custom gun making. I'll wrestle ya for it, ha ha!!
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: A. O. Niedner Rifle - 01/31/16
That is a nice, well used Mauser sporter. If it shoots as nice as it looks, you'll be happy. Would I sell? Probably not.
© 24hourcampfire