Home
Posted By: Hunterapp cz 527 offerings for 2016S - 03/23/16
Limited run of 17 fireball was mentioned to be coming in 2016 through Whittakers. Any chance this may come true?
Please make it so! Where's SAS
If so, I will be buying one!!! No doubt about that!!!
Posted By: 65X54 Re: cz 527 offerings for 2016S - 03/24/16
I want one!!
I just emailed CZ to see if they could confirm it.

We shall see...
I just got an email back confirming this is TRUE!!!

Whittakers will not be the only distributors for this.

I'll be putting in my order as soon as I see them in stock!!
Sounds great. ShortActionSmoker....let us know when they're here.

Buying 2- for my boys
Posted By: barm Re: cz 527 offerings for 2016S - 03/24/16
Sounds great. I want to get one too.
It figures, after I do everything I can think of to trade a friend out of his 17FB.....CZ decides to chamber it!
Originally Posted by REDVANES

You better keep that ammo you have listed in the classifieds!
Good News to me. To tell The truth I was not expecting this to materialize due to the lack of factory ammo as much as anything.

Suppose it is time I look for a buyer for a couple Rem 700's a CDL LTD and a SPS Varmint for dad. Not even sure what to ask wink

May we expect the CZ in both the Varmint and the American & or M1 configuration?
Originally Posted by willecoyote

You better keep that ammo you have listed in the classifieds!

Haha I got plenty of brass!
Well guys, I got a hold of Whittakers about this to see if I could preorder a rifle and they didn't seem to know anything about this.

I'm not real sure what to think.

I emailed CZ and asked if it was the .17 FIREBALL that was coming out and not the .17 REMINGTON.

I haven't got a response yet so I guess we'll see...
Posted By: barm Re: cz 527 offerings for 2016S - 03/28/16
Well guys, I got a hold of Whittakers about this to see if I could preorder a rifle and they didn't seem to know anything about this.

I'm not real sure what to think.

I emailed CZ and asked if it was the .17 FIREBALL that was coming out and not the .17 REMINGTON.

I haven't got a response yet so I guess we'll see...

I contacted CZ and here is what they said:

I was reading a post on a message board where someone stated CZ is making a special run of 17 Fireball in the CZ 527. Is this true?
Yes, it's true. Item number 03043 is being made for the year.

Which configuration would it be available, i.e. American, Varmint, Lux?
Varmint configuration. Spec's are all on our website when you scroll through the specs on the link below:
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-euro-varmint-223-rem/

Do you have an SKU for it?
03043 is the SKU for the rifle in question.

Do you know which distributors will have it?
The next distributors to receive it are:
Sports South
Bill Hicks
Whittaker Guns

It sounds to me like they don't know the difference between the 17 Remington and the 17 Remington Fireball.
[/quote]
It sounds to me like they don't know the difference between the 17 Remington and the 17 Remington Fireball. [/quote]

Per the description provided (0343) It seems you are right that they are talking about the 17 Rem. frown I hope not!

Look forward to ShortActionSmoker's take on this.

I'm going o be so bummed it this isn't true!
I also emailed CZ and asked almost the same questions barm did and got the same answers. When I clicked on the link in the email it took me to the page that as you also found out, says 17 Remington. I called CZ and was assured that it will indeed be chambered in 17 Remington FIREBALL
I called my local CZ dealer and "ordered" one so hopefully when they do materialize (in several months probably) I'll be on the list.
Originally Posted by willecoyote
I also emailed CZ and asked almost the same questions barm did and got the same answers. When I clicked on the link in the email it took me to the page that as you also found out, says 17 Remington. I called CZ and was assured that it will indeed be chambered in 17 Remington FIREBALL
I called my local CZ dealer and "ordered" one so hopefully when they do materialize (in several months probably) I'll be on the list.

Yes!
Well, I guess this will settle things...

Total bummer!

BTW Dereck, I do know the differences between the .17 Fireball and .17 Remington.... but do you?... lol

Ryan,

Item 03043 is for a .17 Remington, which is based on the .222 Remington Magnum. I was mistaking this for a .17 Remington Fireball, which I mistakenly assumed you were meaning by saying ".17 Fireball". In such a case, this is not a ".17 Fireball" we are producing, as the .17 Fireball is based off of the .221 Remington. Our .17 Remington is based off of a larger case, so it has the ability to be loaded hotter to shoot further. I apologize for the confusion, as we aren't producing what you originally asked about.

Thanks,
Dereck

CZ-USA

800-955-4486 x 334

fax: 913-321-2251
I had a couple of PM's about this and was going to post, but needed to clarify things with CZ first.

1. They're not chambering the 17 Fireball.

2. I've begged them to do so for us for the last two years.

After I read some of this stuff, I thought maybe they'd reconsidered and forgot to tell me! With that being said, I'll try again next year to get this accomplished.

I came home this evening to emails from my CZ dealer sharing this info......bursting my bubble.....I cancelled my order.....

Looks like offering a 17 fireball should be a piece of cake for CZ, they already offer the 221 fireball and they have 17cal barrels....
I'll buy them the reamer!

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I had a couple of PM's about this and was going to post, but needed to clarify things with CZ first.

1. They're not chambering the 17 Fireball.

2. I've begged them to do so for us for the last two years.

After I read some of this stuff, I thought maybe they'd reconsidered and forgot to tell me! With that being said, I'll try again next year to get this accomplished.

SAS We most sincerely thank you for your efforts ! My gut was telling me this was to good to be true. Now we may plan accordingly.

Suppose you could give them two options for next years offerings.

1st would be the 17 fireball in American and Varmint model.

2nd would be to offer the 17 Fireball in the American configuration and Varmint along with A 6.5 Grendel in an American configuration.

Either option would go a long ways for making a large number of happy customers with two very simple conversions for them.

Oh I am not sharing anything with you you did not already know.

What would I need to do to get on board with CZ in there Sales and marketing team. From what I hear a american guy may not be likely to have much persuasion factor.

I'd love to see one too. It may happen someday...

From what I understand, it's a production issue. Their European market and sales are phenomenal. They're great to work with and listen to requests, but simply can't handle all the requests and meet production goals.

I'll keep trying.
Any chance they could make it pencil out and start additional manufacturing in another location? South Dakota or Montana for Instance smile Likely would be best to continue barrel MFG as they always have. Chambering may be done in the new location. Stocks may be done at Boyds or a spinn off. Bluing on the New American production may a Nitriding process instead the Bluing they do so well.

I am liking this already. I am only interested in the CZ 527 action for starters.
© 24hourcampfire