Home
Posted By: rcamuglia CFE223 - 05/22/16
Seems to be working well. Using it in an AR with the 69 grain Matchking and now in the PD rifle with the 52 grain Matchking

[Linked Image]

Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: CFE223 - 05/22/16
Muggie,

What primer you lighting it with?
Posted By: gzig5 Re: CFE223 - 05/23/16
Buddy of mine swears by it for 204 Ruger and .223 with the 50-55gr bullets loaded for ground squirrels. Says that he sees significantly less copper fouling too.
Posted By: drover Re: CFE223 - 05/23/16
I have been using it in my 223 with 40 gr Nosler BT's and have had trouble reaching loading manual velocity with it, accuracy has been acceptable but not as well as some other powders. Perhaps the 40's are a little light to reach the full potential of CFE223, I will try some 50's and see how it does. However it does copper foul less but seems to carbon foul more than other powders.

drover
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: CFE223 - 05/23/16
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Muggie,

What primer you lighting it with?

CCI 400

Originally Posted by drover
I have been using it in my 223 with 40 gr Nosler BT's and have had trouble reaching loading manual velocity with it, accuracy has been acceptable but not as well as some other powders. Perhaps the 40's are a little light to reach the full potential of CFE223, I will try some 50's and see how it does. However it does copper foul less but seems to carbon foul more than other powders.

drover

Yeah, I think it's too slow burning for the 40's. I'm at 29 grains with the 52 which is Max according to the Hodgdon site. In new brass, 29 grains is giving a fill up into the neck when thrown without a drop tube. A little vibration settles it down below the neck/shoulder junction.

Posted By: MoranoGrande Re: CFE223 - 05/26/16
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Seems to be working well. Using it in an AR with the 69 grain Matchking

What is your load for the 69gr Matchkings?
TMK or just plain?
What primers?

Thanks
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: CFE223 - 05/27/16
24.6 grains gave the best groups at about .8", which I thought was pretty damn good for a factory barreled AR with a 5 power scope
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: CFE223 - 05/27/16
5X is the new 6X... LOL
Posted By: mathman Re: CFE223 - 05/27/16
24.6 grains gave the best groups at about .8", which I thought was pretty damn good for a factory barreled AR with a 5 power scope

Damn RC, I didn't think it was possible to shoot sub moa with so little magnification. grin
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: CFE223 - 05/27/16
Originally Posted by mathman

Damn RC, I didn't think it was possible to shoot sub moa with so little magnification. grin

LOL!

The scope is a Mark 4 1-5 with the CM-R2 reticle

It has a 1/2 MOA dot in the center of a 5 MOA circle.

I have to shoot at a 2 MOA "dot" to center the 1/2 MOA aimpoint a bit.

It's pure fucing luck to shoot consistent 1/2" groups with a Looowwww power scope simply because your hold can't be consistently percise.....
Posted By: gunner500 Re: CFE223 - 05/28/16
Love it, I use it in my sd farm guns in 223/556, it coupled with the 55 gr tsx's are dynamite in my 16' mid length ar's, perfect function with more than exceptional accuracy through eotech nvc 556's,
Vels are only around 2900 fps, but i can live with that, not so sure two legged vermin could.
© 24hourcampfire