Home
Posted By: Buck1919 20 gauge WW hulls - 02/18/12
Does anyone know the difference from the old style WW hulls to the WW "HS" hulls for the 20 gauge? I see the "HS" hulls are cheaper. Is there an issue with the HS hulls for reloading quality/ease/durablity?
Posted By: Dutch Re: 20 gauge WW hulls - 02/18/12
They load fine, but the HS are two piece hulls, not one piece. In the early runs for certain, base were migrating, especially in semi-auto's.

I never did care too much for the old style AA's, but they loaded good.

If I were to spend money on hulls (perish the thought), it'd be nitros or STS's all the way. JMO, Dutch.
Posted By: ring3 Re: 20 gauge WW hulls - 02/19/12
I loaded 500 of the new 2 peice Win AA hulls 9 times without any problems. Still have them and will likely load them again someday for one final "pasture shoot". A lot of shooters I encounter will not touch them because of the 2 piece design. Mine were all shot in a break open gun.

As far as I know all Remington hulls are still one piece. The Nitro's and STS's are prized hulls locally. I've had great success with the Sport Loads, Gun Clubs, Black Beauties etc... . Lots of them on the ground and in the burn barrels at local clubs if you don't mind picking them up.

Posted By: REDGUN Re: 20 gauge WW hulls - 02/28/12
I didn't switch anything out on my loader/load, going from the old hull to the new.

The 12 gs HS hull is a different story. mad
Posted By: Dutch Re: 20 gauge WW hulls - 02/28/12
Yes, you will need to adjust your loader. Lower the pre-crimp station until the opening left is the size of a pencil eraser. There are full instructions all over the internet -- just google it. HTH, Dutch.
Posted By: baltz526 Re: 20 gauge WW hulls - 03/11/12
I load them up for chukar hunting, they work just fine.
© 24hourcampfire