Home
Posted By: crossfireoops 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/16/13
Good afternoon,
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/16/13
Now that pleasantries are out of the way,......

Just put my name on a very solid old I. Hollis and Sons 10 Ga. Hammer gun.

....now seeking brass, or a source therefore.

Thanks,

Greg
Posted By: StubbleDuck Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/17/13
For plastic/brass hulls go to Ballistic Products dot com,

or do a search on Gunbroker (and save that directed search) for 1X fired hulls. (never failed to find once fired hulls in whatever make or gauge I've sought).

For all brass hulls, check w/ Ballistic Products again, also for wads of all kinds; over powder, felt, cardboard, fiber, etc., and of course data!
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/18/13
Buffalo Arms in Idaho has MagTech brass hulls. I purchase my 16 bore hulls from them. Circle Fly also has wads in the proper diameter for brass hulls. It appears Ballistic Products is another company I need to familiarize myself with.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/20/13
Yes,....THANK YOU for the lead ( Ballistic Products )

Looks like 12Ga is as large as MagTech goes.

GTC
Posted By: StubbleDuck Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/20/13
Looks like 12Ga is as large as MagTech goes.

I did not know that. But good luck with and enjoy your new gun!
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/21/13
I'll put up some pics, once it's landed,......I've handled it several times, and it just stole my heart.

Not "collecting" this one, Hell I intend to shoot it a LOT.

GTC

Posted By: catnthehat Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/22/13
Howdy!
I've been looking for 10 gauge for years and have found three.
For some reason , no-one is making it anymore!

I have a tool and die friend who said he can build me some however, and since I have of late acquired another nice 10 myself, I am going to take him up on it!
Cat
Posted By: catnthehat Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/22/13
Track of the Wolf must have just started making those cases in the link you sent me , loops!
This is great, al, I have to do now is figure out how to get them across the border!!
Cat
Posted By: PeteD Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/23/13
10 gauge brass is available from Rocky Mt. Cartridge Co.
These are lathe turned beauties that will, with any care at all, last long enough for you to leave them to your grandkids. Absolutely the top shelf.
They use regular 209 primers and standard modern 10 gauge plastic wads.
They are also expensive. Nearly $8.00 each. Worth every penny.
Pete
Posted By: catnthehat Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/24/13
The last time I checked they didn't make them, which seemed odd to me, considering the Cowboy action crowd - when did they start offering them?
Not that it matters, because the cheapest brokerage I can find to bring them over here is $50 per order!!
Cat
Posted By: PeteD Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/25/13
RMC has offered the 10 gauge hulls for a while now.
Btw - the company was recently sold by Dave Casey to Tom and Cheri Outland and moved to Wyoming.
Pete.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: 10 Guage Brass ? - 03/26/13
Thanks all, for the great leads !

Just ordered some 2 7/8 10 Ga. Brass from Track, along with the spec. 9 Ga. wads.

Going to try some of the Remington 10 ga plastic from Ballistic Products ( cut down, of course) with standard 10 ga. wads, as well. Plan on fitting an "Ablative layer" ( Paper maybe ?)in the area where the powder rides, and maybe they will last a while.

Having priced bar brass, I don't see how anybody can AFFORD to machine and sell a 10 Ga. case for $8.50. Will be glomming on to some of those too, ....pronto.

Will let ya'll know how this plays.

GTC
© 24hourcampfire