Home
Posted By: 5960 R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
PASSED THIS MORNING
Posted By: Jcon72 Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Yep, it's a sad day for America.
Posted By: duke61 Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Yes, he was a good man. Don't see anyone replacing him, glad he accepted Christ.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
How many rounds fired, what's the weight, who owned it first?
Posted By: ken158 Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
We lost a true American today. RIP Rush.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Pictures please
Posted By: 5960 Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
talent on loan from GOD
Posted By: Model70Fan Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Do you know the twist rate?
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Barrel appears to be right of center.

I like it.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Originally Posted by 5960
talent on loan from GOD

RIP Rush. He was a great American.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Will be sadly missed,RIP
Posted By: Tweedyfish Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
DITTO!
Posted By: Jcon72 Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Originally Posted by duke61
Yes, he was a good man. Don't see anyone replacing him, glad he accepted Christ.

I had not heard that he had done so but if he did that is a wonderful thing.
Posted By: Mid_MO_Hunter Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
I’m sure there are many members in this Club. Being a manufacturers Rep and overseeing a sizable territory (6 Midwest states) required an unfathomable amount of time on the road on an annual basis. Listening to Rush while constantly traveling/working was some much needed -and- appreciated bubble gum for the brain, attitude and soul. This guy impacted the Republican Party and Conservatives across this nation in a way that would be very difficult to accurately describe. He was THE superglue for many during the Barack Hussein Obama years ... we lost a big one today that will never be replaced.

.... “the reason there is a 2nd Amendment, is in case the government fails to follow the first”. - Rush Limbaugh

Damn
Posted By: johnnyappleseed Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
He's worth mentioning at the classified section. I'm glad he was smart enough to realize his own mortality and get saved before he died.
Posted By: SAINTDANIEL Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
MEGA DITTOS !!
Posted By: Sniggly Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
I'm sure there will be segments of the left that will celebrate his death and gain comfort from the view that his passing removes a hurdle from their lives. There will also be grief and sorrow in segments of the right, as they viewed his station as representative champion of their views and values. But, the fundamental lesson here, assuming we attempt to divine the thing that was most important about his voice, is an understanding of the primary society forming mechanic that he, just as others like him on the political left, represented, and it should be conspicuous to all of us.

It is this; we, as individuals with interest in the proper function of the society in which we are most certainly invested, willingly place into the public space, our ideas concerning the governance of our society. Those ideas then become subjected to intense scrutiny, analysis, justification, refutation, and solid argument, so that they can be vetted against other minds and modes of thinking. The ultimate goal in this public forum is that we obtain some sort of summary regarding those ideas as being good, bad, valid, or invalid, to the American experience.

There is no difference between his voice, and yours, other than he used a radio to speak to millions, while you are confined to your kitchen table as your friends and neighbors push your, 'prepared with love' cheeseburger, into their facehole. That kitchen table is the same forum as the larger public forum mentioned above. You have a chance to present your arguments and your case, and you are subject to the same levels of scrutiny and argument. The power to convince does not lie at the foot of phrases like, "come and get em...I dare ya". Espousing your neighbor as a complete [bleep], to his face, because he is on the left, is not an idea that works towards justifying the right to bear arms, nor does it forward the possibility that you might change his mind, someday. Phrases that elude to the nature by which you, with your 6.5 Jesus, can dispatch the 'two legged varmints'...does not carry the kind of weight necessary to actually defend the idea that you should keep your guns, regardless of whether there's an argument over the definition of Assault Rifle vs. Modern Sporting Rifle.

And so, for me, his passing is not so much a call to grief as it is a reminder. One that insists that speech, formed by good ideas and thought, serve more to legitimize my views, than leaving a bag of [bleep] at my opponents doorstep and running at the sound of a doorbell.

Posted By: John_Boy Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Rest well my brother, you will be missed.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Tough day. Big shoes to fill
Posted By: Borchardt Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Talent returned to God
Posted By: 5960 Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
well said !
hopefully God gives us all just a bit of Rush to continue
Posted By: dukxdog Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
I listened to Rush daily when I had radio reception for around 15 years. He informed us and educated us like no one else could. He was a strong voice for conservative values. He had a sense of humor which was very entertaining.
Godspeed Rush.
Posted By: ColoradoElkHunter Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Talent returned to God

Thank you for that. I had not thought of it. Funny, I just got something in my eyes, making them water...
Posted By: vaturkey Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/17/21
My dad sat in his workshop working on cars for years listening to Paul Harvey and Rush. Now all 3 are gone.
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
Megga Ditto, and solute!
Posted By: kw565 Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
Talent returned to God

This!
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
Many times have I looked forward to hearing him while working in my shop. He will be missed. God be with his wife and family.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
if the white house was occupied by the real President, Flags would be at half mast today and the rest of the week.
i only wish we could have bottled Rush's brain and fed it to the next generation. a once in a lifetime intellect.
via con Dios el Rushbo!
Posted By: muleshoe Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
Kinda reminds me of the feeling when Paul Harvey signed off for the final time.
Posted By: geedubya Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Talent returned to God

Thank you for that. I had not thought of it. Funny, I just got something in my eyes, making them water...

Ditto!

For years I put about 45K miles on my F-350. Rare that I missed an opening monologue. Started listening in 1990.

We are Diminished;

Ya!

GWB
Posted By: 222ND Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
Originally Posted by dukxdog
I listened to Rush daily when I had radio reception for around 15 years. He informed us and educated us like no one else could. He was a strong voice for conservative values. He had a sense of humor which was very entertaining.
Godspeed Rush.

Yup
Posted By: Cowboythunder Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
Mega dittos El Rushbo! You were the reason I found radio. Thanks for being a lifelong friend. You made complicated issues simple for even a guy like me to understand. There is now a big hole in the corner of my reloading bench where my radio sits. You were a patriot and a champion of our country. I always wanted to call but never did, and you’d never know it but we drank a lot of coffee and loaded lots of ammo together. I miss you buddy.
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
Originally Posted by johnnyappleseed
He's worth mentioning at the classified section. I'm glad he was smart enough to realize his own mortality and get saved before he died.

He is, for sure. Of course, he'd rip you for putting this in here, because this is the wrong place, he might even say your emotional need to "cry out" in inappropriate venues is a latent liberal thing and there are so many other threads about his passing it's doubtful you've really spread any new information, but you do you...

And Rush, RIP, I bet General Lee and all of your other critters are glad to see you, old boy...
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
I always liked the way he remarked about how he could read the stitches on a fastball.
Posted By: beland Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
Will miss you Rushbo - It will sure be different at noon time and I dont hear the music intro into his show. A BIG LOSS FOR US BUT THE LORD GAINED A GOOD ONE
Posted By: slymule Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
A sad day indeed for Patriots across the globe.
Posted By: nimrodtracy Re: R I P RUSH !! - 02/18/21
So sad, RIP
© 24hourcampfire