Home
Posted By: jaksny 340 Weatherby Brass - 03/23/22
Gentlemen, I have been lurking this forum for a little bit and recently made an account. I have already gained A LOT of knowledge just from sifting through old posts for the last few weeks, and have come to realize that the members of this forum are probably the best people to pose this question to. Here goes.

I recently (yesterday) acquired a Weatherby Mark V in 340 for what I would consider a good deal. I honestly have no real use for the rifle, other than just to have it, for the same reason everyone else buys rifles. Since I left with the rifle, I have had a hard time coming up with a source for brass. I've been bidding on some brass on GB, but you know how that goes. I guess I come to you looking for suggestions, or maybe someone has some brass sitting around that they would like to sell. Either way, I figured you guys the best suited to help out. Thanks for your time.
Posted By: tclubber Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 03/23/22
I'll see what I can spare.
Posted By: 44automag Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 03/23/22
I have fireformed 300 weatherby brass and also have neck sized 375 hh down and then fireformed it to 340 both work good. gives you a few more options. I love my 340 best elk and moose medicine out there.
Posted By: lawman429 Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 03/23/22
Apparently, I am unable to send you a pm.

I am out of town for a couple weeks, but I'll check & see if i have extra for you upon my return.

Jim
Posted By: jaksny Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 03/24/22
Thanks for the help fellas. I have no idea why a private message wouldn't work. I'm still trying to figure out the user platform for this site. Either way, if one of you guys finds some to spare I'll be happy to pay the price. Thanks for your time.
Posted By: dirtyharry Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 03/24/22
Originally Posted by jaksny
Thanks for the help fellas. I have no idea why a private message wouldn't work. I'm still trying to figure out the user platform for this site. Either way, if one of you guys finds some to spare I'll be happy to pay the price. Thanks for your time.

Guys Like You Are Few and Far Between1 I Like that quote-
''I'll be happy to pay the price''

Dirty Harry

PS--I know a fellow who has {had} 6 boxes of brass. I will let you know
if He still has them.
Posted By: jaksny Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 03/25/22
I think that we can't private message because I'm such a new member. I tried to send a few to you guys and it says I'm not allowed.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 03/25/22
Being a 340 nut myself I'm always looking when I'm out and about. I recently saw a box of 20 new Weatherby 340 brass at Sportsman Warehouse, for over $100 a box! Empty brass!!!! Glad I've got what I need at those prices.
Posted By: 6mmbrfan Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 03/25/22
I have 35 pieces of RWS .375 H&H Brass formed to .340 Weatherby. These are unfired, need to be fireformed. This is some of the best quality brass available, far superior to Weatherby brass. If you are interested they are $60.00 plus shipping. Thanks
Posted By: jaksny Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 03/25/22
6mmbrfan, I may very well be interested in that. I'll keep in touch.
Posted By: jaksny Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 04/01/22
6mm, my account is too new for messages, please reply here so I can send contact information. I'll take the brass for 60.
Posted By: 6mmbrfan Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 04/01/22
Send USPS money order to- R.L.Fowler - P.O.Box 309- Blue Ridge,Ga. 30513. Thanks, shipping will be $10.95 flat rate.
Posted By: jaksny Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 04/01/22
Okay, I might not be able to get my hands on a money order until Monday, but I'll try. Thank you.
Posted By: 6mmbrfan Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 04/01/22
You're welcome
Posted By: Bella1 Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 04/02/22
I can attest that the RWS brass is the best there is . Don’t hot rod it and you will be supprized how many times you can load it . I e loaded my 300 win 9 times so far . Keep it trimmed and anneal it after 3 loads. Primer pockets are still like new. Fantastic snag.
Posted By: 6mmbrfan Re: 340 Weatherby Brass - 04/11/22
Do you still want the .340 Weatherby brass?
© 24hourcampfire