Home
Posted By: ruger66 Marlin 336 Texan 30/30 1962 - 03/19/23
This a really nice quality gun from 1962, with a straight grip and 20 inch barrel. I would call it in very good condition, as shown in the photos. $1,000 shipped. I will need a postal money order and a copy of the FFL of the receiving dealer. Make sure that they will receive a rifle from an individual. I will include a copy of my driver's license for them.
[Linked Image from northern-pine.com]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached picture marlin8.jpg
Attached picture marlin7.jpg
Very nice GLWS
TTT
Superior to the stuff Ruger is bringing out.

glws
This rifle being the same age as me is causing serious stress. I'd love to say the words, just can't justify it.
Hows the bore?
Great
WOW!!!!!
Posted By: Hesp Re: Marlin 336 Texan 30/30 1962 - 03/19/23
Micro Grove bore??
I'll have to look but I think they all were at that age
Posted By: Hesp Re: Marlin 336 Texan 30/30 1962 - 03/19/23
Very important to me to know !!
PM sent

According to brophys book microgroove occurred in 1956
Yes it is Micro Groove.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Marlin 336 Texan 30/30 1962 - 03/20/23
Originally Posted by Rodney482

glws
You obviously have neither seen or handled the new Ruger made Marlins.
Posted By: Hesp Re: Marlin 336 Texan 30/30 1962 - 03/20/23
Firm on your price, or you consider an offer?
Originally Posted by Huntz

glws
Owned 2 of them. Looked no diff than last few yrs of Remlins. Maybe I will be wowed by the new 336/1894
I'd suggest posting your rifle for sale on the Marlin Owners group as they would see the value in this rifle.
Thanks i will i am firm on price
Could you post another photo of the tang and hammer area, especially the left side aft of the hammer? I’d like to get a better look at the stock there.

Attached picture 336tang.jpg
Attached picture 336tang2.jpg
Don't Let any body feed you a line, all Marlins MADE before the cross bolt safety's,
are ''SUPERIOR'' TO ANY REMINGTON or RUGER MADE MARLINS

Dirty Harry
How many firstborn children will it take? LOL
Posted By: Bugger Re: Marlin 336 Texan 30/30 1962 - 03/21/23
I have early Marlins and Remington Marlins. I think the Remington's look better. I see no difference in quality finish. I have not spent a lot of time on the range for accuracy testing. I wonder why some people insist that Remington Marlins are inferior, I don't see it.
This is a cool looking 60 year old. If I could find use for a 30-30 we’d be talking.
Thanks it is sweet
Posted By: Huntz Re: Marlin 336 Texan 30/30 1962 - 03/22/23

glws
Owned 2 of them. Looked no diff than last few yrs of Remlins. Maybe I will be wowed by the new 336/1894
Now I know you are full of schit.

glws

Lol oh ok.
If there are 2 identical Marlins on the table, one JM and one a Remlin, I'll take the JM every time, even if the Remlin is quite a bit cheaper...............

If there are 2 identical JM Marlins on the table, one pre-Xbolt and one with the Xbolt safety, I'll take the pre-Xbolt every time, even if the one with the Xbolt is a bit cheaper...............

Just sayin'
Posted By: Dan87 Re: Marlin 336 Texan 30/30 1962 - 03/22/23
Speaking the truth ^
Originally Posted by Bugger
I have early Marlins and Remington Marlins. I think the Remington's look better. I see no difference in quality finish. I have not spent a lot of time on the range for accuracy testing. I wonder why some people insist that Remington Marlins are inferior, I don't see it.

Hope this helps

Attached picture IMGP2833-1.jpg
Attached picture IMGP2855.jpg
Posted By: Dan87 Re: Marlin 336 Texan 30/30 1962 - 03/22/23
Any true collector knows JM are superior to the Remlin. Remington took a good thing and ran it into the ground.
Lots of BS about what people think happened versus what really happened. Too bad Marlin sold to Remington, was the end of a great made lever gun. Hopefully Ruger does well, but time will tell. Old stuff always seems better than the new stuff.
Up for the weekend
Posted By: Teeder Re: Marlin 336 Texan 30/30 1962 - 03/25/23
That just looks right.
If it Weren’t made in New Haven or North Haven,
why then it ain’t a REAL MARLIN…… right Dad…….?

“That is correct Son!”

Tell me again how they made ‘‘em safe for Democrats
to own by putting the “WARNING” on the barrel and later
the “idiot button” through the receiver…..Dad.
I was reading a synopsis of the Marlin ,Remington transition.

I found it while researching the 308 marlin express.

Seems Remington didn’t due enough diligence before the sale.

Marlin had not kept up with modern engineering practices……as Remington must have assumed they had done. The firearms Marlin produced were not “ blueprinted”. They were built by the blueprints in the workers minds.

Remington did not want to upgrade the Marlin plant so when they moved it……the people that had the knowledge didn’t come with.

IMO given those obstacles Remington ended up with a A ok product.

However a JM Marlin is unique……..they ain’t making them any more!

Good luck with the sale!
Thanks
Hey Bud, I’m not really new to this website; lost my credentials as Marlin_444; reached out to the mods to help me reset but had not heard from them.

That said, I have been looking for a 1962 (my birth year) Marlin 30-30; a friend (Neal Bates) advised me that you have one- I am located in McCalla, AL and my FFL only does FFL to FFL deals - Not sure if we can work something out on that or not.

I plan to get a ‘62 Marlin to hand down to my new grandson, let me know if we can work something out as I need to unload a couple of guns to buy your 1962 Marlin 30-30, if interested text me at: Six Seven 8 - 6 Four Four - Five 5 Three 3

God Bless America 🇺🇸 2A

glws

Here is a ruger made 336

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That's not a quality fit and finish regardless who built the gun. If Ruger sent that out, that is sad as they have been fitting stocks to receivers from their inception.
Cmon man…….

It’s Trumps Fault!
Originally Posted by HarleyHutch
That's not a quality fit and finish regardless who built the gun. If Ruger sent that out, that is sad as they have been fitting stocks to receivers from their inception.

That was a rifle they sent out for a review 🤦🏼‍♂️
I do have a C&R. That should work for him.
© 24hourcampfire