Home
Posted By: John_Boy Duratouch Recall… - 03/22/23
Most of y’all may be aware of this. Class action suit over it. Browning is refinishing the stocks.
Good thing. It saves me a headache….
Just use UPS to ship it…..
Posted By: Roderunner Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/22/23
I just got my 10 gauge out of back corner of my safe 3 weeks ago. Haven’t used it in a long while. It’s got the bad finish on it. Filled out the form about 3 weeks ago on brownings site. Haven’t heard a word. No email or nothing.
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/22/23
Probably overloaded with returns…..
Posted By: texasbatman Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/22/23
I filled out my request online at the end of September and was sent an email with a shipping label on October 2nd. It was shipped back on November 8th.

Jim
Posted By: hallb Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/22/23
I sent my BAR in March of last year, seems like I had it back within a month or so. Looked like they had done some kind of treatment to it and not a completely new stock, but it was fixed...just no more duratouch.
Probably dipped it. Glorified decal.... But it works.
Posted By: jericward Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/22/23
My X bolt took 6 weeks. Came back a shiny black. Looks terrible...
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/22/23
Mine took 3 months, didn't come back with the same camo it had on it
FYI, they are supposed to send you a shipping box and pay the shipping both ways.
I can fix ugly black…. 😁
Posted By: Whilton122 Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/22/23
Sent in my bps shadow grass camo and took about 6 months to get back….it was like pine tar before I sent in and came back a different camo but at least able to use it smile
Posted By: Prohunter3509 Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/23/23
I sent one back in 2017 for bad finish
Man they slow
Ended up sending me a new gun
Posted By: winchester88 Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/23/23
I’ve sent 2 back. Both showed up within 3 weeks of sending them in.
Posted By: Wddotts3 Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/23/23
Sent a Turkey gold back they put a new stock and forearm but they didn’t match reciver and barrel and no Turkey federation markings on stock. I then sent back and they put some kind of harsh cleaner on the metal now finish on metal is flaking off. Now they said there's nothing they can do. I then told the manager one thing he could do for me and he hung up. Good luck with Browning customer service They suck.
Posted By: ALLongshot Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/23/23
My question is why can't I just send them the stock? I don't want to have to remove the scope and then sight it back in.
Posted By: John_Boy Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/23/23
Ought to be able to if the stock were the only issues.
Posted By: G23 Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/23/23
Sent my A-bolt in back in January. Never heard a word from Customer Service so I called last week. Told me it was scheduled to be completed and shipped back in mid July. WTF?? Takes 6 months to replace a stock? I was not happy and the CS guy knew it. He said let me go in the shop and check on it. Came back and said it should be back next month. Only 3 months. Not impressed at all.

G23
Posted By: Technoman26 Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/23/23
I've had the same experience as Winchester88. Called Browning CS, they sent me a label, I shipped the rifle, had it back within a month. Sorry to hear some of you have had such problems with them.

If you want to get me going on customer service, let's talk McMillan customer service and quality control...or should I say lack of both?
Posted By: terrier72 Re: Duratouch Recall… - 03/23/23
I had to ship back 2 guns last year. I got them both back within a few months, however one had to go back due to poor quality. The second time took around a month and it was so badly bedded I wound up taking it to my smith and having him fix what they did. They would not ship me a stock to replace mine, I had to send the whole gun back to them for them to replace it. I did get 2 non sticky stocks out of it, but it did cost me ammo resighting them in.
© 24hourcampfire