Home
I just put 4.7oz 0f Vihtavuori N350 in with 6oz of RL22.(not intentionally) Any ideas as to what I can safely load with this?
Fertilize the garden.......
Originally Posted by centershot

This.

This
Incinerate a nuisance hive of ground bees.
Do some experimentation, let us know how it turns out !
Originally Posted by kenster99
Do some experimentation, let us know how it turns out !

Not this.....Please!

LHS
As said above. Fertilizer.
Rick
If they were side by side on the burn chart you *might* get away with attempting something. But n350 is #44 and rl22 is #141 on the relative burn rate chart. That’s a grenade if you try to load it up. Fertilize it, blow up a stump, or make a grenade with it. But dear god don’t load it into a case.
Under a well lit spectroscopic microscope, with tweezers, carefully separate one kernal of RL-22 from N350. With the light properly adjusted you'll be able to see the difference.

Or consult the manufacturer for technical support.

Or fertilize the grass and make it a mental note to only handle one powder type at a time while the others are put away.
Save it for 4th of July pyrotechnic display.
Good advice here. It will make grass grow so you’ll have something to do while your planning how to not have that happen again.
Forgot to add that at one time I had a television in my reloading room. Poured 2400 into the machine on top of bullseye. Lawn fertilizer. That’s how I know it makes grass grow. Television gone never to return.
I'll take it. PM me your payment info.
I made it to 70+ years old without a major f..k up. (While reloading, anyway.) I quit while I was ahead. I have all of my fingers and toes and most of my brains! I have convinced myself that there is some really good factory ammo available out there. I'll stick to that!
donsm70
Those old film containers and a roll of fuse is a place to start
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I was thinking the same thing. Happy 4th of July, BANG!
Originally Posted by donsm70
I made it to 70+ years old without a major f..k up. I quit while I was ahead. I have all of my fingers and toes and most of my brains! I have convinced myself that there is some really good factory ammo available out there. I'll stick to that!
donsm70

This
Galvanized nipples, caps, drill, fuse...4TH of JULY!
I know a beaver dam that could use a little action.
Stick to the first advice, dump it on your lawn and learn from it for the future, that way you keep all your body parts.
I'm not bashing the OP, because we all make mistakes, but this is one reason why I won't buy open powder containers or shoot anyone else's reloads. The others are correct, dump it on your lawn.
Originally Posted by windridge
You had me at nipples

Again, this.

BMT
Originally Posted by Riley88
I just put 4.7oz 0f Vihtavuori N350 in with 6oz of RL22.(not intentionally) Any ideas as to what I can safely load with this?
Pipe Bomb
Originally Posted by jc189
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I was thinking the same thing. Happy 4th of July, BANG!
Old pill bottles too. Who among us doesn’t have access to some of those?
Maybe that forum you're looking for is in the reloading section.
get some cannon fuse ......find a big ant hole........stir it up real good............pour powder down hole and close area to hole,,,,,,,,,wait about 5 minuites.........stick fues in hole......cover with dirt...........wait another 5 min and then light it off..............will murder all the ants including fire ants and red ants...........................
Back to the OP's original idea.....Looking for the Bonehead Mistake forum. That would be a very entertaining forum with a LOT of entries! crazy
$hit happens….. just be glad you caught it before you dumped 60+/- grains of that mix in a bottle neck rifle case with a long bullet and lit it off!

I did the same thing once…. ONCE.

Now there’s only ONE can of powder on the bench at a time!
This has good times written all over it. I would start with some sort of fuse or ignition. Then find something to blow up. Bury that sucker in a badger hole and enjoy the show.
Originally Posted by windridge

This ⬆️
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
Under a well lit spectroscopic microscope, with tweezers, carefully separate one kernal of RL-22 from N350. With the light properly adjusted you'll be able to see the difference.

Or consult the manufacturer for technical support.

Or fertilize the grass and make it a mental note to only handle one powder type at a time while the others are put away.

One's time might be better served by trying to pick flyshit out of pepper with a boxing glove.
I blew up a brand new Ruger SP101 in 357 mag. with one of my reloads a few years ago. I could join the bonehead club.
Oh hell, just get a magnifying glass, six cheap coffee makers, 40pds of coffee, and a comfortable chair and a set of tweezers, and separate the kernels of each powder, then get back to us when your done, simple! See you in about nine years.
Dude!
Ima do this to blow up some stumps!
Just make a swirly design on your cement patio or driveway. Light the end and you'll be entertained by a sizzling show and be reminded of your "bonehead" mistake for months to come!
I’m just glad you caught the mistake and were not harmed!

Those powders are different enough I don’t see any safe way to save or use.

That said, I have a friend that uses three powders similar enough in burn rate that he pours the leftovers into a container and mixes it with whatever his standard powder is for 300 Weatherby. When he first wrote me that, I thought he was joking, but no….I still shudder and he still mixes them like ice creams!
Well I don't think I will make that mistake again, Just wanted to let you know it is now "garden fertilizer".
Originally Posted by Riley88
Well I don't think I will make that mistake again, Just wanted to let you know it is now "garden fertilizer".

And the beavers wept!

Oh wait! The beavers were not swept!
© 24hourcampfire