Home
Posted By: micky Pre64 300H&H engraved and inlaid - 06/04/23
I bought this at least 20 years ago and have never shot it. I just saw the beauty and had to have it. Oldest if off the college so time to liquidate. Anyway, I don't have any history on the rifle. The serial number is 56XXX. I want 2750 shipped in a hard case to you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

All the photos I have right now, if you want more or something specific please ask.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/mDss89y

Micky
Wow!!!!
1945?
It could be. I was told prewar by the safety but never looked up the serial number.
Nice rifle, I have one that is very similar.
Micky & Biebs: I extrapolate April of 1946 for that serial number range date of manufacture.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I wonder if it could be lettered as factory engraved and provide any more details?
Micky that is very tempting. I can understand why you bought it!
Thought I had sworn off the .300 H&H, but that is tempting!
I wish I knew who the engraver was. I can't recognize it
Certainly a beautiful rifle!
I certainly can't pick apart a Pre 64 like some here but I would have a hard time believing that this rifle is not worth every penny of the asking price.

GLWYS.

Cool rifle bump.
Micky, where are you located?
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I certainly can't pick apart a Pre 64 like some here but I would have a hard time believing that this rifle is not worth every penny of the asking price.

GLWYS.

Cool rifle bump.

I was thinking the same thing.
Columbus Ohio.
Come on JB, you know the M70 300H&H is a true classic....just like you!
Originally Posted by handwerk
😂

OP, any evidence of any side holes ever having been there; and is the rear bridge tapped?
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by handwerk
😂

OP, any evidence of any side holes ever having been there; and is the rear bridge tapped?

From what I could see in the pictures the rear bridge has NOT been tapped. That is the first thing I look at in a pre-war. This is tempting.........
Someone buy this..........PLEASE.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

GLWYS.

Cool rifle bump.

Indeed. I've got half the asking price in a shooter grade Pre-64 .300H&H pieced together with a McM stock. Not near as nice as this set up...

@OP, GLWYS !
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Thought I had sworn off the .300 H&H, but that is tempting!

Out of curiousity why no 300 magnum? I have never had one, but am considering turning my Rem 30 into one. It is not original extra holes, recoil pad, and refinished.

Sorry seller, awesome rifle! Bump
That's a cool rifle. I like the engraving. Funny story, I ran across a 375H&H that a guy got in Alaska. It was engraved like this rifle. An obvious professional engraving job. This 375H&H was a beautiful rifle and we both knew it was unoriginal, so it was priced accordingly (so we thought). My fried that was with me, almost bought it. The seller came down to $800.00. Yes, one deal I still kick myself in the azz over.
So glad this isn’t a rimfire. Absolutely beautiful rifle and deserves a bump. Can’t believe still here. GLWS
Absolutely beautiful piece.

TC
PM sent! No photos, as requested?
The pics were added yesterday. Sorry, I have a pile of pm’s about this rifle going, I didn’t let you know I took the requested pics.
© 24hourcampfire