Home
O. F. Mossberg Model 144LS - 10 rd Mag - Lyman 57 MS Rear aperture - Lyman 17 A Front Sight - Excellent shape with exceptional Bore & Crown - From the 50's Very minor marks .

Now I am not a target shooter and never claimed to be one.
The way we shot "Targets " ... if we bought a new rifle ( we bought a lot!) we would take the box and make a circle with a crayon or ball- point....stand it up again a fence post and fire away. I prefer Sporters , but I had a bunch of target rifles in my day. From 52s's to Annies. This old schools the last.

I hate to think what it would cost to make this rifle today.

$ 650.00

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/qtCCRTpM/P1010024.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/dk2k2j7b/P1010025.jpg[/img]
I have the same rifle except mine has the T bolt handle. Made in 1955, and believe you me it will cost lots of money to buy a 22 rifle these days that will shoot with it [not out shoot] just shoot as good.
This will come close to shooting with your Annies...........
UP
Target Rifle
UP
UP
Good target rifle for a youngster ,or oldster, wanting to start punching paper.

Not an Annie.....but a starter rifle, not all used up.
Very nice, should not last long...........
UP
Could do very good paper punching with this . Old time quality.
UP
An aspiring shooter could do well with this.
Nice Rifle very fair price! IMHO!

Friendly Bump,

HS 58
Right on HS 58
Been around a long time and owned a lot of different firearms but not familiar with the term "Annies". Would someone enlighten me what they are. Free bump for a nice Christmas gift.
Annies = Anschutz
What does this rifle weigh?
Old Scool Cool!
Would make soene a wonderful Christmas present!
GLWS
Little more info on this Mossberg. Going from memory. They were made from 1950> 1985. They were several mods to this rifle. The 44US , which was a trainer , morphed into the 144 series.

This one the LS has a 26" heavy-semi- free floating barrel, 13/16" Diameter. Adjustable Trigger, Target Stock w/ cheekpiece, Beavertail Forend with adjustable handstop. Lyman made the 57 MS competition rear sight for this rifle.

Mossberg came out with their AC-KRO-GRUV rifling, which is a proprietary shallow groove button rifling.

Weight 8 Lbs.

A little unusual to find one in this condition.
UP
© 24hourcampfire