Home
Posted By: gnoahhh WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/16/23
For sale: Mauser 98 guild gun. .30-06, butter knife bolt handle, double set triggers, Lyman receiver sight in tandem with Griffin&Howe quick release side mount holding refurbished Weaver K2.5 scope. 24" barrel. Slender stock with kidney cheek piece and schnabel tip, horn butt plate and grip cap. Push button floor plate release.

Weight: 6lbs 13oz without scope attached, 7lbs 10oz with scope. Lightweight and wonderfully balanced thanks to the long barrel. A joy to carry in the woods all day.

When I bought it nearly 30 years ago it retained its original 8x57 barrel which looked like a sewer pipe. I re-barreled it with a new-in-the-white Parker-Hale .30 barrel and chambered it for .30-06. Shoots wonderfully, and feeds .30-06 cartridges slickly. Has had a couple hundred jacketed bullets through it and many hundreds of cast lead bullets through it which means the bore is pristine. Whole thing professionally re-blued at time of barrel job.

Double-set triggers function perfectly, both set and un-set.

Scope is a post-war Weaver early K2.5 - I sent it out to the Weaver scope repair people whereupon they disassembled it, cleaned it, and replaced the cloudy objective lens with the last original unused/new correct lens they had in their possession, it's crystal clear with images so sharp they'll cut your eyeball. Comes with the leather shoulder "holster" (for lack of a better term) to carry the scope when off the rifle, which I purchased in a cool little German gunshop in Frankfort, Germany.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Price: $1150 (figure the G&H system+scope equals $4-500 of that, and can't be removed from the gun as it would leave three screw holes and two tapered pin holes exposed), plus actual shipping.
Posted By: JeffG Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/16/23
Very pretty!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/16/23
A great piece of history reborn.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/16/23
Damn damn damn….

Are you throwing in that Swiss Army knife?😛
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/16/23
No, the Swiss Army Knife stays in my pocket!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/16/23
Did ya lose the toothpick yet?
Posted By: LEADMINER Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/16/23
That is really nice, Gary...I might seriously consider this but don't want my eyeball cut. smile
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Did ya lose the toothpick yet?

Twice. After the last time I bought a couple extra spares!
Posted By: TomM1 Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/16/23
Nice rifle! Original Mauser safety?
Posted By: Pugs Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/16/23
Love that bolt handle -
Posted By: Skeezix Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/16/23
Oh Lord, help me!
Originally Posted by TomM1
Nice rifle! Original Mauser safety?

Buehler low swing safety.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/17/23
Anyone inclined to give this little girl a new home don't be bashful! Open to partial trades, but cash is king and a near offer of a handful of folding money would at least make me consider it.
Posted By: JediWing19 Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/17/23
OMG!! This is really tempting!! You’re killing me smalls!

Attached picture IMG_7136.jpeg
Posted By: oldotter Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/17/23
Go for it Chris. I'm sure you'll get used to the couch in the basement in no time. wink This en is beautiful. And any work done by Gnoahhh is top notch.
Thanks oldotter but you’re not helping me any.🤪
Maybe if I get some new cushions for that couch it won’t be so bad.🤔
Or maybe a good divorce lawyer? But then again she’ll probably just end up with the rifle anyways. 🤷‍♂️
Oh lord.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/17/23
SPF. Thanks Chris!
Thank you Gary.
Posted By: oldotter Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/17/23
Yes, thanks Chris. You saved me some basement couch time. whistle
Posted By: JediWing19 Re: WTS Mauser guild gun - 10/18/23
Glad to be of service Jerry.
© 24hourcampfire