Home
Posted By: jffdbr WTB: Grind to Fit Recoil Pads - 01/15/24
I'm looking for a couple of grind to fit recoil pads. They need to be non-vented, 1" thick, and at least large size. Something like a Pachmayr Old English would be ideal, but I'm not particularly concerned about the brand. I'll be using them as the backing for leather covered recoil pads for a couple of shotguns, so I don't care what color they are. Does have somebody have a couple they bought but never got around to using them?
As a matter of fact, I do. Neither will work for what I needed. Can you post or PM me the largest or smallest dimensions that work and we'll figure it out.
Minimum dimensions are 5 5/8 by 1 5/8. Prefer a bit more. Thanks.
Still looking for a couple more. Anyone?
Go online to Ebay and do a search. A new line called "Grind" are listed at decent prices - what's good about them is that they do not use a metal backing plate which severely limits the size matching. Also Hogue makes a very good pad if you run across them - somewhere between a standard Pachmayr and a decelerator; last, consider Uncle Mikes pads which I think are made by Pachmayr. I do stock work and have used all of the above with no issues or customer complaints.
Thanks for the heads up!
tag
Got a medium but that is too small I think
Thanks for looking everyone. I’ve found what I need. There are some really awesome people on this forum!
Glad to hear you got what you're looking for. Good luck with the pad recovering project.
© 24hourcampfire