Home
Posted By: gdc2 Remington M700 Classic 6mm Rem - 01/30/24
Remington Model 700 classic 6mm Remington.
Rifle is in excellent shape but does have some minor handling marks on stock which will all be shown in photos. All blued surfaces are in Excellent+ condition. Does not appear to have been shot much. Please ask members that have purchased prior rifles out of this collection if they are happy with what they received.
$1400 TYD Payment by Postal Money Order or PayPal F&F or add 3%(Prefer postal money order)

Attached picture 6mm-6.jpeg
Attached picture 6mm-5.jpeg
add

Attached picture 6mm-16.jpeg
Attached picture 6mm-15.jpeg
add

Attached picture 6mm-14.jpeg
Attached picture 6mm-13.jpeg
add

Attached picture 6mm-12.jpeg
Attached picture 6mm-11.jpeg
add

Attached picture 6mm-10.jpeg
Attached picture 6mm-9.jpeg
add

Attached picture 6mm-4.jpeg
Attached picture 6mm-3.jpeg
add

Attached picture 6mm-2.jpeg
Attached picture 6mm-1.jpeg
More than pleased,With the rifle condition and transaction,That I've dealt with gdc2 on,He's good to go,
…Thank you remingtonclassic
Tag
Nice hard to find caliber in a classic
Reduced $1350
Reduced to $1300 I believe this will be as low as this one goes.
One of the hardest to find chamberings in the Remington 700 Classic rifles. Rifle is in excellent condition, photos showing scratches etc. are closeups and exagerate the imperfections. I believe the minor imperfection nesr the gas port came like that from the factory. Great rifle from a time in the past when Remington was turning out beautiful, functional, accurate guns
Very nice. It would go well with my 700 bdl 6mm and my model 7 6mm but the timing is not good for me today.

Bb
Burleyboy it looks like you’re a fan of the 6mm Rem
TTT
6mm Remington is one of my favorites too. It should sell fast at $1,300, I’d think.
Still available
Price Reduced $1250
Up
This is killing me. If I hadn't just bought a sig cross, another blackhawk convertable 45 exclusive, a bergara fsp, and SS howa minis in the past few weeks I'd buy this. The 6mm rem has some nostalgic value in my family.

Bb
ttt
Is that 22 or 24” barrel
22" barrel.
I have the same gun, very accurate with a smooth action and responsible for the demise of MANY coyotes. '

It should have been in a new owner hands by now.
I’ve got a couple classics…. I don’t know if RP was a little more selective or careful putting them together as far as parts/finish but they are both very good shooters.

GLWS
Do you have the original box?
I do not have the box, thanks guys for the bumps. Im also a little surprised this is still here !! Many of the older guys on here remember the days when the Remington 700 was synonomous with fine accuracy which led to the many 700 clone actions. These rifles were made during the time of this great quality.
Ill take it
PM sent
SOLD pending payment to glosto

Thank you 24campfire
Well its been a long drawn out deal but finally got my hands on the 700 Classic in 6mm this morning, Very happy with the rifle. gdc2 was spot on in his description of rifle. Still waiting on my refund from USPS for the original money orders. Got a confirmation that i had a refund coming.
Thank you glosto, it was a pleasure dealing with you.
I thought all the classics were 24"?
Coleridge: I have never owned a Remington 700 Classic in 6m/m Remington so can not vouch for that offerings barrel length.
But I have several (seven) Remington 700 Classics in calibers from 17 Remington on up to 7m/m Remington Magnum and they all have 24" barrels.
I am guessing the original Remington 700 Classics in 6m/m Remington probably also had 24" barrels.
Maybe the new owner can measure his Rifle and see how long it is for us.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by coleridge
I thought all the classics were 24"?
This model was made prior to the Classic being chambered in a new cartridge each year.
The early production (pre-limited run) rifles had either 22" or 24" barrels dependent upon caliber. .243, 6mm, .270, and .30-06 all had 22" and the .22-250 and 7mm Mag were 24". I think most of the limited run rifles were 24" and maybe all, but I thought there were a couple that were 22" but not certain on that. At any rate the Classics, Mt. Rifle, and M725 are IMO some of the best rifles Remington produced.

Enjoy the 6mm glosto.
Pretty sure my .35 Whelens were 22".
DBrink has it right. and this 6mm Classic does have a 22inch barrel. All my LE Classics have 24 inch barrels. Boy Remington sure confused a lot of people with the Classics. Even the lady at Remington was confused many years ago when i bought my 1st Classic in 7Mag. When she looked it up she had to do some research before she could tell me what i had. Love the Classics.
My 6.5x55 and .35 Whelen classics both had 22" barrels. The .250 Savage was 24".
Posted By: WMR Re: Remington M700 Classic 6mm Rem - 03/22/24
7x57, 280 and 350 Mag Classics also had 22in barrels. Not sure if any of the other limited ones did.
My 308 is 24".
I would be interested to know what the manufacture date barrel code is.
Thanks, and take care all!
Rick
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Coleridge: I have never owned a Remington 700 Classic in 6m/m Remington so can not vouch for that offerings barrel length.
But I have several (seven) Remington 700 Classics in calibers from 17 Remington on up to 7m/m Remington Magnum and they all have 24" barrels.
I am guessing the original Remington 700 Classics in 6m/m Remington probably also had 24" barrels.
Maybe the new owner can measure his Rifle and see how long it is for us.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG,
There are the unlimited production Classics, made from 1978-1985, chambered in 5-6 different calibers every year, and limited production Classics, as you already know, chambered in a different caliber each year.

Many people are not aware of the unlimited rifles. Except for the 7mmRM and the 22-250, the unlimiteds came with 22” bbls, and the first 2-3 years with iron sights. Later years were slick bbls.
LD 9 barrel code which puts it at Feb 1983 maybe. B prefix action. Slick barrel, no sights.
My 6mm Classic has iron sights. I would have to dig it out to get the barrel code.
Take care,
Rick
1983 was a one chambering a year rifle and was the 300 H&H. Didn’t make a Classic in 6mm Remington in 1983. My Classic has a 22” barrel with sights and was manufactured before they went to the one chambering a year.
Take care,
Rick
Yes 83 was a LE year and also one of the years you could also buy the original Classics like was stated above,
RickinTN: Indeed the folks at Big Green DID make the Remington 700 Classic in caliber 6m/m Remington in 1983!
My information from Remingtons "Remington Country" site states the Remington 700 Classic in 6m/m Remington was produced by the factory from 1978 through 1983.
The original 6 calibers in the Remington 700 Classics were available and produced by Remington EVERY year from 1978 to 1985! And indeed starting in 1981 they ADDED to those 6 calibers another designated caliber for each year.
Once past 1985 the folks at Remington produced just one caliber Rifle per year in the Remington 700 Classic line.
And this, I am unclear on this - what caliber is your 22" barreled Remington 700 Classic?
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
My 22” model 700 Classic with sights is chambered in 6mm Remington.
Rick
Rick, that would be one of the early ones. !st couple years they had sights, last few years had slick barrels.
© 24hourcampfire