Home
Posted By: CharlieSisk 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 01/31/24
I have a 1975 Fender Jazz Bass in good condition for sale. If you know these instruments and their value, send me a PM if you are interested.
Charlie
Posted By: woodshed Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 01/31/24
PM sent
Posted By: longarm Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 01/31/24
PM sent
Posted By: CharlieSisk Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 01/31/24
These guitars are in the $4k to $8k value range.
Posted By: StGeorger Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 01/31/24
Reverb.com is a solid source for comparative pricing. Love old Fenders.
I have looked at that site and that maybe how I go. I am worried about shipping. I’d rather do a face to face if I can. Over the years I’ve had several rifles that I built to be damaged, sometimes stolen/lost. I can fix those, but fixing an instrument is beyond my depth. I’ve had this for nearly 46 years. Kind of concerned , this guitar is almost like family.
My son's in a rock&roll band. He would be thrilled with such an instrument, but $4-8K is way over my budget.
Posted By: magman1 Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 01/31/24
guitars must be shipped in a hard case and boxes appropriately(see your local music store for a box)
Insure for full value UPS or Fed Ex and you should be ok.
i understand the 'like family' part
Larry
Posted By: Razorhog Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 01/31/24
Charlie-

That Jazz bass will bring some serious coin in Nashville, Tn and some other areas. There are several vintage dealers with decent reputations in that area. I'd start with going online and finding vintage dealers. Condition is EVERYTHING with vintage instruments. Also if you have the original case that's a good bonus to get more $'s.
Good luck!
Posted By: Teeder Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 01/31/24
Originally Posted by CharlieSisk
These guitars are in the $4k to $8k value range.

+1!

Guys think custom rifles are expensive. They should check out vintage guitars sometime.
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Charlie-

That Jazz bass will bring some serious coin in Nashville, Tn and some other areas. There are several vintage dealers with decent reputations in that area. I'd start with going online and finding vintage dealers. Condition is EVERYTHING with vintage instruments. Also if you have the original case that's a good bonus to get more $'s.
Good luck!
Razor
I have the original case, I'm the original owner.
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 01/31/24
It's sounds like you have a nice one. People will come to you to get it and pay big $$ for it. The ones that want it do not want it shipped either.
Posted By: Razorhog Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 01/31/24
Charlie-

As a long time guitar player I have a few real good connections. I'll try and get you some contacts that are legit. I'll send through PM. Is it a burst or solid color?
Its the star burst. Sending you a PM now.
Posted By: woodshed Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 02/01/24
So I’m confused. Is your pseudo auction opening bid $4K or $8K? Thanks.

Scott
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 02/01/24
Originally Posted by UnderMountain
My son's in a rock&roll band. He would be thrilled with such an instrument, but $4-8K is way over my budget.

You really, really dont have to spend that kind of money for a great fender jazz bass.
Posted By: Teeder Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 02/01/24
Originally Posted by LazyL0228
It's sounds like you have a nice one. People will come to you to get it and pay big $$ for it. The ones that want it do not want it shipped either.

I've shipped more expensive and more fragile guitars than that, no problem.
I order "guitar" shipping boxes from uline.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - 02/01/24
Charlie -> trade offer ; 2 Lava Lamps ?
© 24hourcampfire