Home
Posted By: Mesabi FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/07/24
Due to the influence of an obscure Norwegian guns and hunting writer (I think his name was Barndoor or Birdsnest or something like that) I found a nice used GSI "package" gun a few years ago. Everything the writer said about it was true: Light, accurate, and with that German "cool" factor. I also found a nice Negrini case for it on Ebay. Time to "churn" it for some other projects.

The rifle has lovely wood with some very light use marks. Barrel is 19.5", bore and metal is excellent. All the original boxes, manuals, etc. are included, to include the box/paperwork for the Swarovski Z3 3.5-10x42 scope. NOTE: The rifle's original scope came with Swarovski's 4A reticle; the buyer will have his choice of the original scope or a newer Swarovski of the same type with a "L-BRH" reticle.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Again: Rifle, choice of scope, quick-detach mount, Negrini case, all original boxes and documents. $3500 personal check or money order, shipped FFL to FFL with tracking info provided. No trades.
Posted By: solrac13 Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/07/24
Tag
Posted By: savage220 Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/07/24
Slim, deadly combo!
Posted By: RSherburne Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/07/24
Pretty!

JOOC, what does it weigh with scope?

RAS
Posted By: EdM Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/07/24
That is very tempting.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/07/24
Six pounds six ounces according to my cheap electric scale.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/07/24
Nice outfit.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/08/24
Bump.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/09/24
ttt
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/10/24
ttt
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/12/24
ttt
Posted By: AH64guy Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/13/24
Tag and bump
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/13/24
If I didn't already have one, would be very tempted! That's a great price--

--Barnsnest
Posted By: miguel Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/13/24
I didn’t sleep well last night thinking about this rifle. Very, very tempting.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/13/24

--Barnsnest

I was close! smile
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/14/24
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

--Barnsnest

LMAO. . . 🤣
Posted By: Skeezix Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/14/24
Ohhhhh my goodness! Why does this come up right when I'm buying a home???? That Barnsnest guy flung a cravin' on me for one of these several years ago.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/14/24
ttt
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/16/24
ttt
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/16/24
Here's my favorite story about my K2:

The first hunt it went on was for caribou in Canada's Northwest Territories. After several plane flights arrived in camp, and with all the other hunters did the standard scope-check, shooting at a 100-yard target from a pretty good benchrest, for that far north.

I'd take rifle apart to put it inside a take-down case (one reason I bought it)--scope, forend, barrel, action/buttstock. Put them together and my first shot landed 2" high from the aiming point on the target, which is exactly where it landed back home in Montana. I started to rise from the benchrest seat, but the head guy who ran the camp said, "One shot's not enough."

So I sat down and shot again, and the second bullet cut the hole. I said, "Is that good enough?" He didn't say anything....
Posted By: miguel Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/16/24
What is the length of pull? Also, from what I have read, disengaging the safety cocks the firing pin, is that correct? And how loud is it when it cocks? I have wanted one of these for a long time, but have never handled one.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/20/24
LOP is 14 3/16". I think of it more as a cocker/de-cocker, but whatever you want to call it, it's very, very quiet.

One time price drop to $3400 shipped. I'll leave it up for a few more days.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/21/24
ttt
I sent you a PM asking if you’d be interested in selling the rifle without the scope as I was genuinely interested… I’m guessing by the complete lack of response after a day the forum told me you saw the message the answer was “no”. I respect that but I would have appreciated a quick “FU” or simple “no” in regards to this beautiful rifle. I have ZERO interest in owning a 1” swaro, and wish you sincere luck with the sale…

Todd
Posted By: Mesabi Re: FS: Merkel K3 Jagd .308 - 03/29/24
ttt
© 24hourcampfire