Home
Hello Everyone,

My name is Adam and my company is Ascension Industries. I was approached by a friend and member of this forum about a project that he wanted me to take a shot at. He explained to me the capabilities of the Tikka .223 T3/T3X series of rifles and how they were limited by the cartridge length restrictions of the factory magazine. I said I would gladly attempt to create a longer OAL magazine. After many attempts and fine tuning, we have came up with a working product.

This product is more of a "kit" than a full working magazine. What I am providing is a new magazine body and a new follower to accompany the new 2.55" OAL cartridge capability. All the purchaser must do is use the spring from their factory magazine and install it into the provided follower. It takes around 30 seconds after you do it a few times. I attempted to source magazine springs, but it was not very easy to source the springs and getting them produced was not fiscally feasible.

This product is 3D printed and it is printed out of PLA-CF (PLA Carbon Fiber). This material is tough, but will see deflection at around 131*F. That being said, I do not recommend anyone leaving these magazines on the dash of their vehicle in 110* summer heat. If you do though, I am offering a lifetime warranty on this product. If you run it over with the truck, covered. If you leave it on the 50lbs of tannerite that you shoot on the 4th of July, covered.

I will be charging $40 dollars shipped for each magazine kit. I will be accepting payment thru paypal. I look forward to hearing feedback from everyone who gives the product a chance. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Thank you to everyone in advance.

Adam
Ascension Industries
Matthew 6:34

[Linked Image]

Attached picture t3mag1.jpg
Attached picture t3mag2.jpg
Nice work. I don’t have a Tikka anymore, but have you considered doing the same for the Howa mini- actions? Say a flush mount magazine?
These are good to go. Mine has been excellent.
I had not thought about the howa’s.

This is all new to me so I am not familiar 100 percent yet with the needs of the market. Shoot me a direct message and we can talk more if you would like. Thank you.
Tag
Also, my e-mail is [email protected]
PM me ... I want one.
I’ll take 2!
Please E-mail me at [email protected] so I can get your order in.

I accept paypal, cash/check. Thank you to everyone. I really do appreciate it.
Please e-mail me and we will get the order started! Thank you sir!
Tag
Good idea! Might need to finally pull the trigger on a tikka 223 now!
Tag
I appreciate all of the orders from everyone. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Do you have to use a different bolt stop?

Thanks

Tracy
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
Do you have to use a different bolt stop?

Thanks

Tracy

No
Bearcat74 is correct. The only thing needed is your spring from your factory mag put into the follower included with the kit.
Originally Posted by AscensionIndustries
Please E-mail me at [email protected] so I can get your order in.

I accept paypal, cash/check. Thank you to everyone. I really do appreciate it.

Everyone please be aware, I am changing my e-mail to receive orders to [email protected] - THIS WILL ALSO BE THE PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS FOR PAYMENT

This will help me keep up with orders specifically much better and allow me to respond to general inquiries much easier. I thank you all for your understanding and continued business.
Tag

I’ve been waiting a year and change on my Mountain Tactical .223 mags.

Getting tired of it, Jeff.

P
Tag
Adam- I just tried to email you at AscensionIndustriesOrdersgmail.com and it wouldn’t send. I also tried PM- ing you but that’s not working either.

I’d like to order one to try. Is there another way to do it?

Thanks
Originally Posted by Houser52
Adam- I just tried to email you at AscensionIndustriesOrdersgmail.com and it wouldn’t send. I also tried PM- ing you but that’s not working either.

I’d like to order one to try. Is there another way to do it?

Thanks

Never mind. The copied email left off the @. Fixed that and it went through.

Thanks
Adam, thanks for doing this. I’ll look at what I have at home and will likely be placing an order.
Quick update for everyone

We have ran into tolerance issues on some rifles. I have a revised magazine already printed and testing will begin tomorrow. I’m going to halt orders for now until all issues are resolved.

During our preliminary testing, we have had a sample size of only 2 rifles, so this larger sample size of rifles has shown there are still 1 or 2 kinks to work out. The follower also will be shortened a slight bit to help reduce snags as it comes back up the mag body during cycling.

Thank you everyone for your patience and how kind everyone has been during this phase.

-Adam

Edit : Also everyone give a big thanks to Bearcat74. He has been just invested as me in this endeavor and a huge asset to its success thus far.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I took a knife a beveled that back slightly on a new mag. If you are having issues this is a good place to start.

You can see the witness mark on the red mag. I just beveled that down some.

If you measure the inside of the mag is should be roughly 2.565”. The follower should be .030-.035” shorter. I lightly sanded a new one down a touch front and rear to get .030”.
Tag
V2.0 is promising.

Going to do a little more testing the rest of this evening.

Im going to send everyone who has already purchased a mag(s) V2.0 free of cost. Thank you all for your patience.
That is good of you!! I am sure they will like an extra. I will be placing order after v2 is complete.
Alright everyone,

I will be sending e-mails to everyone who has already purchased from me, but I wanted to post here also.

Version 2.0 I believe will remedy the issues that certain folks had. Whether or not you had problems, I am sending you this new design in the amount that you ordered.

I truly think that everyone will be much more impressed by this version, I want to publicly apologize for it taking me this second revision to get it to this point. I did not see the ways it could have been improved until now.

I also am going to make a video on how to remove and install your spring in this kit for those who have never done it before. I will be uploading it to youtube.

I thank everyone for their continued business.

Adam
Ascension Industries
Reports coming in on the V2 Mags are good so far. I have more material coming in this week and will get started back on production. Thank you to everyone who has ordered.

Adam
Ascension Industries
I received my magazine kit a few days ago. Spring removal from the factory mag and installation into the new mag a straight forward and easy.

Today I loaded some 75 grain Hornady ELD-M to an oal of 2.425”, .020” off the lands. Loading 4 rounds into the new mag was as normal and the 75 grain ELDs fit perfectly with room for a longer oal if needed. The new mag inserted into the magwell and locked uptight as it should. All rounds, both 2.425” and 2.260” fed and ejected without a hitch.

So far the magazine kit is working well and functions as it should.

Here’s the 75 grain ELD-M loaded at 2.425” into the mag with room to spare.

Tag please.
Rick
Thank you for the review sir!

Adam
Ascension Industries
1 Thessalonians 5:18
My gun was one of the ones that didn't work well with V1.0. Adam was very easy to work with and was very apologetic for my trouble. V2.0 works well with my Tikka........if you do have an issue it will be taken care of.

As stated above, the spring install is easy.......this mag will help immensely with getting the full potential for the 8 twist barrel out of your rifle

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!!
Adam, please post the best way for us to purchase magazines, either web address or phone number.

Thanks,

Sig.
Sig,

Please e-mail me at [email protected]

They are 40 per kit including shipping. You can also paypal me at that same email.

Thank you.

Adam
Ascension Industries
Thanks. Email sent.
Thank you again to everyone for the orders and the kind words. I appreciate your business.

Adam
Ascension Industries
Got mine! Thank you!
I had a gentleman e-mail about making a working Grendel mag. He hasn't been responding as of late. The dimensions of the Grendel and 6mm ARC cases are so close that I believe they both would work with the current 6.5/Arc mag that is designed. That being said, if anyone has a rifle that they have chambered for this round, I would love to send a mag out at no cost for you to do some R&D for me.

I used Bearcat74's 7-08 and I have a mag chambering a 6.5 grendel round. If anyone is interested in testing this out in a rifle that they do have chambered in 6.5 Grendel or 6MM Arc, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Adam
Ascension Industries
If anyone is interested, work is starting on some flush fit howa mags.
Thank you to everyone for the orders once again.

Adam
Ascension Industries
Tag
are these 4 rd mags? how far below the stock do they protrude?
Yes it is a 4 round mag.

Attached picture IMG_5937.jpeg
great- thanks
BLEM SALE

I had a run of mags that I was not happy with the seams lining up on. They are functionally 100%, but I am just picky on the aesthetic finish.

I am selling these for 30 dollars shipped. Please e-mail me that you want a BLEM MAG in the subject line. Thank you to everyone.

Adam
Ascension Industries
This little stitch is what I am calling a “blem”.

Attached picture IMG_5939.jpeg
You’re maxed out on your PMs.

When should I expect delivery?

Thanks
Disregard, got them today!
Need some info on spring removal. PM is fine.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Need some info on spring removal. PM is fine.

P

Push the back of the follower down, I use an allen wrench, and then slide the front back. Do not pry up the front, you’ll break the tabs. The front of the follower will pop up then you simply remove it, swap the spring to the new follower, and reinstall in reverse order.
I emailed you a video of how to do it just now. Thank you.

Adam
Ascension Industries
I hope to get a youtube channel up and going so I can show and demo these mags in action for anyone that is hesitant. Thank you all again for your support.

Adam
Ascension Industries
Still got a few blems to move if anyone wants one!

Adam
Ascension Industries
Bump to the top!

Youtube channel is almost ready to go and gonna get some fit and fuction footage for everyone.
Bump to the top!
© 24hourcampfire