Posted By: Biebs The Draw of the Classifieds :-) - 03/20/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
'Gotta love it. I'm one of those guys!
donsm70
Haven't bought one in almost a week. Starting to get the shakes
...one more is never enough....
Good thing I have run out of room!
Guilty.
Sounds like it's time for another safe / house remodel......
If a man knows how many guns he owns , he doesn’t have enough!
Does that mean I should go count them to see if I need another one!? Lol
Dang, I am going to have to dig around my stuff to see what's collecting dust so I can help you guys out.
I only want one more..
If I could only find the one I want!
I want guns I don’t even know I want yet.
Addiction with no known cure,
Originally Posted by gunnut308
I only want one more..

I've heard and said that myself many times. LOL
Originally Posted by remingtonclassic
Addiction with no known cure,

This!
I haven't bought anything in over an hour.
I have way more than I will ever need. Why do I keep looking. Guilty as charged.

I guess that is why I've traded and/or sold some prior to buying a new rifle sometimes.
I need some others
Guilty. And Damned Proud of it!
I thought I overcame the addiction. I switched to buying scopes. Then I realized I needed to buy a gun to put it on.

I think I'll stop buying scopes and start buying holsters.
It’s a disease!!
My name is Gun Geezer. I stood outside a gun store for half an hour. I came this close to going in. This close. One day at a time.
Still mad I missed that 1894s in 41 mag… by seconds
Originally Posted by SenderoMan
Does that mean I should go count them to see if I need another one!? Lol

NEED has nothing to do with it.
Originally Posted by CBinNH
Dang, I am going to have to dig around my stuff to see what's collecting dust so I can help you guys out.
I'll be watching 👀
I've done nothing but buy off of this website............
Originally Posted by GunGeezer
My name is Gun Geezer. I stood outside a gun store for half an hour. I came this close to going in. This close. One day at a time.

lmao
Don’t forget the knives you’ll want a few
I tell myself my gun fund is low. Saving for a big buy. Then go into pawn shop and come out with two pardners 410,20 ga's. 20ga stevens, and a 10-22, Under 400.00 out the door. What the heck.
I have rifle ADD! I'm sometimes jealous of the guy who rolls with a 270 and does just about everything with it. (I said....sometimes)! 😎
Continuously. I remark that I'm just one away from being satisfied!

ya,

GWB
I keep findin guns I didn't know I needed till I saw It...
Just got brass and bullets for gun I don't own yet....
I just keep saying,......there's worse things I could be addicted to! 🤪🤷‍♀️
Originally Posted by Mullthing
I bought a gun once because I had someone give me a box of empty brass
In the past, I've found a great deal on ammunition in some caliber that I didn't have, then went out and bought a rifle to shoot it in Crazy!!!! :-)
Do dies for a chambering you don’t own count?
You never know when your future great, great, great granddaughter might want to go to Africa for a plains/big game Safari and then immediately off to South America for a bird hunt. And she will also need a sidearm for protection.

You have to be ready like ‘yesterday’ for that kind of stuff.

RAS
I made a commitment to myself to lay off the gun buying for awhile. I backslid last month when I bought a Browning A-bolt -06 from the campfire classifieds.

I am both proud/disappointed in myself that I've turned down a 71 Remington ADL 25-06, a stainless/composite Ruger MK ll 25-06 with Leupold scope, a first year Remington BDL 25-06 and an early 70s Remington BDL 6.5 Rem. Mag. with a pile of ammo. I've also committed to not buy anything that I have to set up for. That's what has kind of made it hurt on passing up those 25-06s. I've got tons of components for it.

The fight to sell off some things is a continuing struggle as well.
It's OK! I can guit anytime I want to...
Originally Posted by Troutnut
I bought a gun once because I had someone give me a box of empty brass

I feel this one! I do 💩 like this all the time. I had a box of 243 ammo left after I swore I was out of .243 for good. I bought another one because of one box of ammo.

I’m not buying anymore rifles…..until I do!
Some is good, more is better and too much is just right!!
You guys have it easy. Ironically enough my wife told me just today that we should build a closed door gun cabinet along the length of the one finished basement wall. What the heck?? It's like a drug addict living with a drug pusher. My ability to stop might be hopeless.
I need a safe…a big one. I’ve been saving for years. I’m just about there. Oh wait! Is that a 7mm-08 wearing a McMillian?
I'm just about to the point I need another safe. Actually selling off a few handguns I don't use but am always looking for more long guns.
I just need to be the first to see a Kimber Montana in 223 for sale and I might be done.
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
You guys have it easy. Ironically enough my wife told me just today that we should build a closed door gun cabinet along the length of the one finished basement wall. What the heck?? It's like a drug addict living with a drug pusher. My ability to stop might be hopeless.

My wife is another addict/enabler--who owns guns she hasn't even shot after several years, just because she "liked" them.

Personally, I'm trying to quit, but bought one and sold one in the past week....
Guns, a guy can't ''Get Enough'' of them.

Dirty Harry
Since that tragic day when I lost so many of my guns in a boating accident I've hard to work hard to replace them.
Originally Posted by Rodney482
Wait! Ive been out of town a couple days, did I miss this one?
To me its called Freedom.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles here. I kicked the drinking 18 years ago, smoking about 15 years ago. I just can't seem to kick the gun habit.

Of course kicking the other 2 freed up a lot of cash for this vise so I'm calling that a win/win.
The guy in the gun shop asks, “can I help you find something?” I say, “no thanks, it usually finds me!”
Quit drinking 3 years ago got introduced to the fire 5 months ago. This habit I'm not sure I can kick haha
Come on in and take a seat. Tell us why you're here and your story. Opps, seems like that"s already happening.
Originally Posted by Rackus
The guy in the gun shop asks, “can I help you find something?” I say, “no thanks, it usually finds me!”
I get that one too. " what are you looking for ". I won't know until I see it .
It's always "just one more", but then you something else that will fill a void in your collection of precious metals, fine wood working, and hi tech composites.....
I haven't bought a gun for myself in a couple of years now. But I sure do like buying them for my Kids and grandkids. I buy them some pretty nice scopes too.
"I'm a Man and I can change. If I have to. I guess."
Red Green
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

My wife is another addict/enabler--who owns guns she hasn't even shot after several years, just because she "liked" them.

Personally, I'm trying to quit, but bought one and sold one in the past week....

Don't be a quitter !!! cry

There's plenty of time to quit when we are dead .... grin
I have it’s twin
You don't have enough if you can count what you have
I am one away from being happy!

God Bless, Louis
Wife and I are bad influences on each other. She'll see me looking at the Classified. "See anything interesting?" "Yeah. Lots." "Like what?" "Here's a good deal on a Howa 7mm-08." She comes over and looks over my shoulder. "You've got two 7mm-08's that you've never fired." "I know."

"What's that?" she asks, pointing to an ad for a Micro Medallion in .257 Roberts. I open the ad. "That's pretty," she says. "Yeah, and the stock's already cut down to fit Bubba," (8 y/o grandson). "Is that good for deer?" "Yep. Excellent. And I've already got gobs of bullets for reloading for it. Plus, it comes with several boxes of good ammo." "Well, he needs a deer rifle."

We've got his and hers gun safes.
I am 78, and have passed that stage in my life. I have what I need (still to many), to hunt anything in North America. I am content with where I am now, but understand the desire.

And dies…..don’t forget dies…..
Originally Posted by elkmen1
I am 78, and have passed that stage in my life. I have what I need (still to many), to hunt anything in North America. I am content with where I am now, but understand the desire.

Yeah, me too 🤥🤥🤥
This is my last one!
Wife: Is that new?
Me: Nah I've had that for years 😂.
Originally Posted by LightninHopkins
Wife: Is that new?
Me: Nah I've had that for years 😂.

Exactly
Originally Posted by elkmen1

At 74, I'm not far behind but I think I've got a few good GUNS left in me!
Started sweating just opening this thread! Gave up on gun safes, built a fortified gun room. I too have bought guns because I had ammo, or dies, or brass... everything but the gun, lol! Over 50 years of all of this, hope I'm not done yet!
smile
Didn't know it at the time, but the best thing that happened to me was when both excellent gunsmiths in my neck of the woods retired.
Originally Posted by Elkbelch
Originally Posted by Rodney482
Wait! Ive been out of town a couple days, did I miss this one?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-wts-marlin-1894s-41-magnum#Post19282342
i go through the calibers 17 check, 19 check, 22 check, 24 check, 25 etc hey wait would a 20 cal nice to have.
Just sold one over the weekend, now I've got that cash burning a hole in my pocket! laugh
I'm going to a big gun show on Saturday in Birmingham, Alabama. It's like a recovering alcoholic camping in the infield at a NASCAR race. Why do I keep subjecting myself to the temptation?! smirk
Wife’s out of town. Pulling out all the stops!😄
© 24hourcampfire