Home
Posted By: slammer Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/10/09
I hate to see the recent bad guy reports on the Campfire. It amazes me how 99%+ of the people on this forum are as honest as they are. I have done my share of selling and buying on here and only ever had one problem. The seller wasn't aware of the problem and refunded my $. I even had a guy send me a gun before he got my $ - try doing that on some of the other sites!

We got a good thing going here. Just need to keep the guys on board and toss out the bad guys.

Have a blessed Easter weekend.

Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/10/09
Plus 100,000,000 Best site to buy chit on the innanet!!
Posted By: SoTexasH Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/10/09
I personaly have bought and sold several items here on the board without any issues. Nice people to deal with and most are realalistic and fair about prices.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/10/09
Agreed!
Posted By: DMB Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
Originally Posted by slammer
I hate to see the recent bad guy reports on the Campfire. It amazes me how 99%+ of the people on this forum are as honest as they are. I have done my share of selling and buying on here and only ever had one problem. The seller wasn't aware of the problem and refunded my $. I even had a guy send me a gun before he got my $ - try doing that on some of the other sites!

We got a good thing going here. Just need to keep the guys on board and toss out the bad guys.

You have a great Easter too.
As much as I dislike seeing posts about guys who are out to steal from the good folks here, I guess it serves a good purpose by posting about deals gone bad, and who the problem guys are so the rest of use know who they are.

Take care,

Don
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
this classified section is helping get my family get through these tough economic times.havent had any problems myself to speak of. there are a lot of great people on this sight. good time to say THANKS to you all.

happy easter

dan
Best site in the world. I love to buy and sell here, and truly enjoy the Savage Collector's forum. I have had a lot of reloading and shooting questions answered here over the years. I have bought and sold some things too, never had a bad deal or a bad word to say about anyone. I feel badly for the folks who get burned on deals. I always figure a fellow "gun-nut" is as honest as I am, sorry to hear that it ain't so.
Posted By: avagadro Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
Even with 99.9% of the members being good guys .... that still leave 20+ pieces of crap floatin' around

Don't be afraid to ask for references, unless you're comfortable dealing with the other party!!
Posted By: Huntz Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
Good site for sure.Good place to buy and sell.
Posted By: jetwrnch Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
Somewhat addicting though.... Must...resist... smile
Posted By: yeselk Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
Everyone I've dealt with here has been absolutely honest and fair. It is very addicting, but there's a lot worse addictions out there! Sometimes I have to sit on my hands to keep from typing the magic three words. :>)
Posted By: coltchris Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
Totally agree with above statement; great guys on a great forum. Only problem is buying too much stuff I don't really need!!!!! Have NEVER had a problem buying or selling here; although I agree, bad deals/guys must be made known.
Posted By: biglmbass Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
Knock on wood, thus far it's been all good experiences w/ folks from this site. Got a package today, matter of fact.
I will agree wholeheartedly. I am relatively new here and have made a few sales as well as purchases. I have been welcomed and treated very well. My dealings and negotiations have been honest, honest, honest and even when a sale was not completed sincere conversation and respect have been the rule.
Frank
Reading your guy's posts is reassuring. I'm fairly new on this site, not a lot of posts but I've been reading as a guest for a while. I'm in the middle of a rifle purchase from another member and I get an honest vibe. Unlike some of the other sites where you better have 10,000 posts or you're just going to be ignored.

Thanks guys, you're great!
I have sold & bought a lot of stuff on here! never had a problem, great group of folks!
John
Posted By: cowkiller Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
I agree Happy Easter
Posted By: cal74 Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
I've only been around a few months, but I've bought/sold/traded a dozen or so items and couldn't have been happier with those experiences.

Still would be nice to have some sort of user rating under our names
Posted By: 163bc Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
Originally Posted by slammer

Pretty tough but fair crowd here and not afraid to call someone out if they are an a**hole. Calling em out seems to help keep the riff raff run off quick. Too bad we can't do it like that for the rest of society!! 163bc
Posted By: DougD Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/11/09
I have bought a lot here and sold a lot here. Never had a bad deal and in the things bought and sold, there is a fair amont of $1000 plus rifles.

Best group of guys on on the net right here.

The only other place I trade and do deals is the 1911 forum good guys there as well.

DD
Posted By: SuBmoa Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/24/09
anyone wonna buy a m700 for 600
The classifieds here are excellent. Can't believe how much I've already bought and I only just started buying about a month ago. Been a member of the fire for a lot longer. So far, I haven't been burned yet.
Posted By: wink_man Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/25/09
Everybody I've dealt with here is 110%. I'm not much of a seller(I tend to be a collecter of things), but I've bought quite a bit here.

First thing I ever bought here was a pair of scopes from Dober, he mailed them the day I said I'd take them, as I put the check into the mail.

Last thing I've done here was a trade for a scope plus cash for my scope, both went into the mail at the same time.

Everything I've purchased here has been received as 100% honestly decribed in the add.

I can't imagine trying to beat someone out of their hard earned stuff, just don't have it in me, don't see how anyone could.

A mans word is supposed to mean something(like it did back in the 60's), if it doesn't, he's not much of a man.
Posted By: fun4x4 Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/25/09
I have bought and sold serveral items on here and only had one problem. (knock on wood) I have had a problem on other sites on trades, but what do you do? I hope the good people keep it up and the bad ones are refused to come on the site. I think everyone has a good thing going here.
Posted By: SuBmoa Re: Good Guys - 99% of 24 hr - 04/25/09
I want to sell a m700
© 24hourcampfire