Home
Hard to find Sako AV ( A5 ) 7mm Weatherby cal.in the white square bridge barreled action. Barrel is 27 1/4 inchs long. This one will make a great hunter. $700.00 O.B.O

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: SU35 Re: Sako AV barreled auction - 08/09/09
Sako AV barreled auction

Are you holding an auction or are you selling an action?

Is it a new barrel? If used how many rounds down it?

Who made the barrel?

Why is this barreled action "a hard to find"? Did Sako make these?

You can find complete rifles, with stocks for $600.00 btw.
#1, The action is for sale.

#2,It is a new barrel that has been Magna ported

#3, I do not know who made the barrel. But I took it to David Van Horn a local gunsmith & rifle maker in Gilbert, Az. to check the action and slug and mark the barrel. After doing the work he told me that the action was worth between $800-1000

#4, This is an old square bridge action and yes Sako did make this action in Finland. See picture #1

#5, Go too Guns International and look under Sako square bridgeaction. Complete guns go for well over $1500

#6, I picked this item up in trade and do not know much more about it

Thanks Fred
Posted By: SU35 Re: Sako AV barreled auction - 08/09/09
Thanks Fred!

I hope it sells!
TTT
Posted By: Levers Re: Sako AV barreled auction - 08/10/09
I'm a little confused...but that's nothing new.

I thought there was only one variation of the Sako AV action. Are there more than one? Is one style worth more than the other(s)?
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Sako AV barreled auction - 08/10/09
Originally Posted by Levers
I'm a little confused..

So is the seller! LMAO
Posted By: warpig602 Re: Sako AV barreled auction - 08/10/09
Interested in any trades?
What do you have. Also this is what I was told about the action. This is the first sako i have ever owned. but after seeing a Mauser action on this site for $550.00 I don't think i'm out of line. And yes I might be a little confused I do try to be fair and learn as I go
Originally Posted by sunvalleyguy
Hard to find Sako AV ( A5 ) 7mm Weatherby cal.in the white square bridge barreled action. Barrel is 27 1/4 inchs long. This one will make a great hunter. $700.00 O.B.O

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Sunvalleyguy, I definitely understand the Sako learning curve. I have spent over 20 years collecting Sakos and I still have much to learn.

Your action was made in 1988, it's not a "hard to find" action, and the barrel is not factory. The only WBY round Sako chambered in the AV is 300 WBY. All Sako L, A, 75 and 85 have the dovetail receiver (square bridge). Sako AVs in common chamberings generally start at around $700 and go to $1600, but can rise as high as $3,500 for Safari or Super Deluxe models. It's not uncommon to find complete, minty AVs in 7mm Rem mag, 30-06, 270, etc for $700.

Good luck on the sale, but for an AV action in the white $450-$550 is more realistic - the barrel doesn't add much if any value.

Lou

Here is what it will look like after stocked and finished. These are really good action and you won't have any trouble selling it if you go down on the price just a little. This will make a great hunting rifle in a hard to beat long range cal. Sako AV LH in 257 Ack.
[Linked Image]
O.K. and thanks
And yes I am open to trades. Fred
tt
PM sent
PM sent
Fred, I sent you a second PM, Wade
SFP To HAWKI
Good for you. I hope you got what you needed. Cheers, Lou
© 24hourcampfire