Home
Posted By: Tuco Unopened Jim Beam decanter - 12/21/09
First, Merry Christmas and a healthy, propersous 2010 to all my Campfire friends.

Second, I have an unopened commemorative 1976 Bicentennial bottle of Jim Beam whiskey; the paper seal on the neck is still intact. I bought it 1976 for the specific purpose of selling it in the future. Does anybody know how to place a value on it? I checked ebay, but all the Jim Beam decanters listed there were empty.

All insights and suggestions appreciated.
because there are certain phohibitions against shipping alcohol.
I have 5 1970s vintage wild turkey decanter that are unopened i considered selling but gave up on. they were gifts from my grandfathers workers when he worked for CP.
what do you want for it?

ring worm what do you want for yours too?

Doug
Posted By: Tuco Re: Unopened Jim Beam decanter - 12/25/09
Thanks for your responses, Ringworm and Hornet.

With respect to your question about selling, Hornet, I'd like to get $1,000,000 for my Jim Beam decanter. wink
Seriously, I haven't the slightest idea what to ask for it...for all I know, it's worth either a zillion dollars or absolutely nuthin'. Any ideas?
Posted By: cdhunt Re: Unopened Jim Beam decanter - 12/25/09
drink the contents and give the decanters as presents and all will be happy.
I would definitely drink them. My pal had a few, and the contents went away after 40 years. NOt opened either.

HM
Posted By: 257wby Re: Unopened Jim Beam decanter - 12/25/09
My folks collected Jim Beams, there is a Model T downstairs that still has bourbon in it. I broke into it a few years ago when I ran out. Yuck...that whiskey is nearly undrinkable. Try yours and drink it if you can.

I would guess you could value your bottles by seeing what they sell for on E-Bay. I know most all of my folk's bottles were nearly worthless. Good Luck and Merry Christmas.
Posted By: gbp Re: Unopened Jim Beam decanter - 12/25/09
my son used to buy 'absynth' (sp) on e-bay, always sold as a decantur but some how always seemed to stop by a filling station before delivery.
that is truely nasty stuff
I don't know the value either, but the bottle sounds cool and I drink Beam. My son drives truck and is in Az ofter, was going to have him pick it up when he goes through. I bet it's like Avon, worth what ever you can get. After all it's just a wisky bottle.

Doug
I have a bunch of Wild Turkey decanters from the early 80's... Do you think the whiskey is still good?
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla
I have a bunch of Wild Turkey decanters from the early 80's... Do you think the whiskey is still good?

Yes. Unlike wine, whisky does not age after it is bottled. Well, that and all whisky is "good."
Might want to be a bit cautious when selling bourbon whiskey for a profit. The guvmemt don't like the competition and you could wind up in quite a pickle. And don't forget the underage crowd.

I'd either give it intact to a friend or empty and sell it on line.

© 24hourcampfire