Home
Guys,

Here is a nice example of a BRNO ZP-49 model 12 guage side by side shotgun. This model was discontinued about 15 years ago.

It is a true sidelock in the relatively rare straight grip configuration. Most of these guns were stocked up in the German style with pistol grips and cheekrests,etc. The gun is in about 95% condition overall. Nice and tight.The gun was proofed in 1968.

The gun weighs 6 lbs ,12 ounces on my digital postal scale. The gun is very well blanced.

The gun has 28" barrels choked mod and full. The barrels have perfect, mirror bores. It has extractors and double triggers.The gun is very sound mechnically. No rust, this guns has been well cared for. It locks up very tight (even with the forend off) and the barrels ring true and solid- nothing loose.

The wood is sound and tight- no cracks. There are a few dings in the wood but overall it's in nice condition. The stock lenght is 14" to the grooved plastic factory plate. the stock has plenty of cast off for a right hand shooter. It shoulders very smoothly.

My price on the gun is $495 shipped CONUS to any dealer accepting shipments from individuals... That price is firm- no trades..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
BTT.. wink
jim,

What kind of bolting does this gun have? Is there a third fastener, and if so, what type is it? Does it have bushed strikers? Chamber length?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff..

It has double underlugs with a hidden third Purdy style bite between the barrels.

The firing pins are bushed.

The Chambers are 2.75" -Normal for a lightweight 12 double.
Well then box it up, I'll take it! PM me contact info please.

Thanks,

Jeff
You made a good decision. I have an identical gun in 16 gauge and it is a fine, fine piece. At first the significant (IMO) cast off seems excessive but I can really hit with mine.
Akjeff..

PM sent with payment details..
Jeff,

Good score. I was tempted myself but already have enough nice Euro SxS 12's. What a deal, though.

Ran into a really neat little Belgian "guild gun" at Capital Sports today, a nice boxlock with side-clips and the back of the action scalloped. Luckily it didn't quite fit....
John,

Thanks. Thinking it will be a good one. My main motivation, is that I'd like to shoot and hunt with a straight grip gun, and see what it's like. I've never owned or fired one. I'm betting that I'll be just as lousy a wingshot with it, as I am with my pistol gripped JP Sauer! grin

The Belgian gun sounds cool. Fit, schmidt....you know how to do stockwork! grin

Jeff
Jeff,

That is one cool shotgun...if you decide you don't like it, please call me first to buy it. Had I seen it before you made the offer, you would be sending me a note about it... grin.

Dennis
umm, put me in line too! nice grab.
You got it Dennis! If I wind up working down there next month, I'll bring it along, and we can bust some clay with it. More like you'll bust clay, and I'll make loud noises! grin

Jeff
Ummm...you've never been shotgunning with me, have you...? One of my best friends and a 20-year hunting companion, sitting in the duck blind in North Dakota, turned to me after I missed three shots at a passing mallard and said, very calmly and solemnly, "Would you like to go to the truck and get your .280? I know you would have hit the duck with it."

And he was likely right... grin.

Thanks...and I am dead serious about buying the shotgun if it doesn't fit you. Would love to see it, and of course you're welcome to stay here if we are here.

Dennis
TFF!

We're in the same boat. Critters are in way more peril, when I have a rifle in my hands. I did very little shotgunning in my formative years. 80% rifle shooting and it shows!. Just wasn't much upland small game hunting on our place.

If it doesn't wind up fitting me, you absolutely will get to test drive it, and buy, if you like. Hope we get to visit. The planning for the work down that way is crawling at an annoyingly slow pace. I'll let you know when I get to come down there.

Jeff
© 24hourcampfire