Home
This is going to hurt. This is my old reliable that has taken some ten bull elk for me, a couple of caribou, and deer too.

It's a Shilen semi-custom .340 Wby with a shilen premium barrel, 24" long and .72" at the muzzle. It's capped as it's threaded and there is a KDF Recoil Arrestor with it too. This rifle has a heavy, single leaf rear sight and hooded bead front sight regulated for a 250-gr Nos Part at 100 yds. The trigger is a Timney at 3 lbs; it has a Colt extractor; a model 70 type 3-position safety. The action has been trued, blue-printed and IIRC all the metal has a teflon matte finish. The bottom metal in this picture is the original Remington aluminum but I have all steel Williams bottom metal for it also. The stock, on its third paint job, is a Brown Precision with a textured green paint.

On top is a Leupold VX-3 2.5-8 with a B&C reticle; it is very new. Older but hardly used is a Leupold 4x in the same Leupold QR rings that I always took along as a spare. The QR bases are epoxied on as well as screwed to the receiver with 8x40s.

This rifle has a lot of little dings and scratches; it's been hunted hard but very well taken care of and cleaned after every use. All is functional and in good working order; it has many more hunts in it. The bore is pristine.

I will sell all and ship with both scopes in their rings for $2249.95 !! or the rifle alone with rings for 1749.95 !.

But wait (don't you love those commercials), all the accessories pictured go along with the rifle; this includes RCBS FL die set, a Redding neck die set, three full boxes of Fed Prem Safari 225-gr TBBC cartridges. Also, included is 2+ boxes of very carefully tailored handloads with the 210-gr TSX loaded with R22 and chrono'd at 3220 fps; this has been the load I have found the rifle likes the best thus far and has taken 3 or four elk. There are also two full boxes of Wby .340s with the 210-gr Nos Part included as well as ~ 200 pieces of R-P nickel .340 cases and a bunch of 300 Wby cases which can be necked up to .340 with a tapered expander with one stroke. There are some miscellaneous bullets I will throw in also.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
This extractor EXTRACTS.

[Linked Image]

These are all the accessories mentioned that go with the rifle:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have a few more pic's but you get the idea. The extras as you can see are worth hundreds of $$s but will only go if the rifle goes; simply have to downsize. Other than primers and powder, you'd have all you need to shoot this .340 for years to come.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Georgedevries/IMGP2905.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Georgedevries/Hunting/IMGP2925.jpg[/img]

I also have several pages of handloading notes that would go with too. Three day inspection for satisfaction; if not satisfied buyer would insure and ship back for money back.

PM me any questions.

TTT

TTT
Someone is going to be a lucky lefty.
This is the first time I wish I was a southpaw!!!

ddj
bump for a good guy!

Thanks Trouthtr and Elkhunter.

Bump
George is good people.
Don't we have any lefties at the "fire"?

This is a great package plus the fact that goodnews is first class!!!

ddj
Probably a bit much for my daughter but a free bump for a thumper of a rifle
This is a well thought-out rifle ,and a great deal for a southpaw...I can't imagine you could come close to duplicating this for the price..

Bump for great rifle and a great guy as well wink

Thank you for that Bob.

I should add that this rifle has generally been a "1.25-1.50 in." rifle. But with the 210-TSX as indicated in the handloads above, it has shot under an inch when I did my part.

TTT for today.

..and again.

Good morning. Up for the day.

Look guys; there has to be some lefties here looking for an elk rifle. I know in real dollars this is pretty hefty and you don't need a .340 for elk but this includes a lot for the dollar, and,...once you get the hang of a .340, the rifle (and the optics also in this case) will never be the limiting factor. You will be the limiting factor. grin

Another day.
ttt

Kind of you tbear grin
ttt

nice custom, with all goodies

10% off both pricings today only!

ttt

ttt again.

Price reduction: $1895 incl the scopes; $1395 without!!
As an avid .340 shooter (and a lefty) I can attest that these are a joy to shoot and all the BS about recoil is just that. BS. Any serious study of ballistics will lead you here. The .340 shooting 180 grain bullets is tough to beat for an all around gun.
George you almost have me crying for getting rid of this gun.

I have seen this rifle and it is sweet. Goodnews is great to deal with. If it was only a righty.

Thanks Shootist. You are so right.
Originally Posted by moellermd
George you almost have me crying for getting rid of this gun.

I have seen this rifle and it is sweet. Goodnews is great to deal with. If it was only a righty.

Such is the plight of being "right-brained." grin
It is the economy goodnews....

Yea, I'm sure that's part of it; no doubt.

I'll withdraw the rifle for sale at this point; I kind of felt badly trying to part with it anyway. smile
© 24hourcampfire