Home
For sale is a USMC-M40A1 McMillan return stock complete with bottom metal and certificate from McMillan. This stock served in the US Marine Corps from 1975-2000. It will fit any Remmington 700 short action. The stock has the normal bumps and dings that a normal combat Vet would have, however, there are are no cracks or structural damage. It is mold-in forest camo. This stock is a piece of history, the USMC traded in these M40A1 stocks to McMillan for the M40A3 stocks. $850.00 plus $20.00 for shipping
[Linked Image]
BTT
WOW! That is a real piece of history!
Do all the numbers match????
The stock has a number in the barrel channel, but it's hard to read, no number on the bottom metal. It's my understanding that McMillan received the stocks and bottom metal from the USMC not matched up?
Originally Posted by ramhunter
The stock has a number in the barrel channel, but it's hard to read, no number on the bottom metal. It's my understanding that McMillan received the stocks and bottom metal from the USMC not matched up?

Matching numbers are unheard of, the stocks and BM just got piled up.
Originally Posted by 7stdubberu

Matching numbers are unheard of, the stocks and BM just got piled up.

Not so.
Well, whatever folks think, it's what I got from McMillan back when the stocks were released to the public! One would think that if they were matched that McMillan would have kept them matched!........The boyz over on snipershide, say what 222rem says, they got piled up!!...I don't know or care, is what it is!.....I watched two sell on snipershide 3 weeks ago for $1000.00 each in less than 6 hours, both were not matched and not smears!...the only reason I have not put my stock on there is because you need a 100 posts to sell there!
Well, whatever folks think, it's what I got from McMillan back when the stocks were released to the public! One would think that if they were matched that McMillan would have kept them matched!........The boyz over on snipershide, say what 222rem says, they got piled up!!...I don't know or care, is what it is!.....I watched two sell on snipershide 3 weeks ago for $1000.00 each in less than 6 hours, both were not matched and not smears!...the only reason I have not put my stock on there is because you need a 100 posts to sell there!

I reckon Larry could handle that for ya...
No he wouldn't, he thinks I'm crazy for trying to sell it!....lol
The boyz over on snipershide, say what 222rem says, they got piled up!!...I don't know or care, is what it is!.....

That's not what I was saying.........

My numbers match, and I can't believe I'm the only one.
oops...sorry, I met 7stdubberu!

Where is the number typically located on the bottom metal?
Mine is engraved on the center of the underside of the floorplate, and the stock number in in huge but faint ink in the barrel channel.
Hmmmm..maybe I need to take a closer look at the bottom metal!The stock number is in the channel in huge ink too, but the number is hard to read!

THX,
I haven't looked at mine in a while, but I remember it's #1187. I don't recall if the TG has it's own #, or if it's considered part of the floor plate assembly.
Stock, trigger guard and floorplate are most generally marked with a set of numbers or could be Xed out and another number inscribed. Trigger guard is marked on underside usually at the front but really could be anywhere. Think there were a few unmarked but not many. My guess is near a third or so of the roughly 600 return stocks sold were matching. I had 2 woodlands with matching numbers but stupid me sold 1 and then built a rifle on other and sold it. This stock is reasonably priced! Currently one on SH for $1400! Wished I wasn't financially challenged now. smile

HTH and sorry for messing up your FS post.

Respectfully,
Dennis
PS- So after reading other posts how is crazy Larry? Well I hope?
Is the smear pattern more rare, or worth more? They're the oldest, correct?
I will take it. Please pm for payment info.

Regards
DT
THX, PM sent your way!
item received as described.

ramhunter is a good man to do business with.

regards,
DT
Alright. So why you got to bump it and get me all excited again???????

Good buy and hope you build a nice rifle with it.

© 24hourcampfire