Home
Posted By: johnp034 Custom .257 Roberts - 05/29/11
1903 Remington action, 26" heavy tapered barrel in .257 Roberts. Excellent cond. bluing is perfect, very nice wood. $750.00 + shipping.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: johnp034 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/11/11
**Reduced to $700.00**

BTTT
Posted By: oldman1942 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/11/11
I will offer you the real world price of $250.
I don't think your in the "real world."
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/11/11
Originally Posted by johnp034
He most certainly is. Your gun is a crudely sporterized military rifle. It just doesn't possess any particular desirability that would justify the price you're asking. It has no collector value and would be of most use to a hunter or shooter. And at the price you're asking, it's very possible to buy a used Remington 700 Classic or NEW Ruger 77 in that caliber with a little cash left over or for $200 or so more a Kimber Montana. I think you'd be lucky to get $400 out of that rig. That's reality.

You'd think someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales" would understand that.
Posted By: rifle Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/11/11
It's not often I would agree with BT,but this time...yea
Those old sportized military rifles are sometimes cool...
but not $700 cool.
Mr. Bricktop, if you knew anything at all about Harry Creighton, I don't believe you would refer to this rifle as a "crudely sporterized military rifle." Also, you might want to check prices on an "antiquated" 1903 action and also on a custom barrel and also on a price for a quality gunsmith to put the whole thing together.
Mr. Bricktop, if you knew anything at all about Harry Creighton, I don't believe you would refer to this rifle as a "crudely sporterized military rifle." Also, you might want to check prices on an "antiquated" 1903 action and also on a custom barrel and also on a price for a quality gunsmith to put the whole thing together.
So, uh, how's the selling going, sport? This is the second ad you've run for this rifle and I don't exactly see a hell of a lot of interest.

You know, for someone who lists in their profile their occupation as "retail gun sales," you seem to be pretty dense. Or at least far removed from reality. Have you ever heard the expression "the sum of the parts is greater than the whole?" Do you understand what it means? Because it certainly applies here.
Your occupation seems to be, other than telling people the incorrect way to ship firearms, is to crap on everyone elses posts when you have no interest in them whatsoever. I may be a bit dense, but your an awful lot stupid! And you know what? You can't fix stupid.
Your occupation seems to be, other than telling people the incorrect way to ship firearms, is to crap on everyone elses posts when you have no interest in them whatsoever. I may be a bit dense, but your an awful lot stupid! And you know what? You can't fix stupid.
So, uh, sold the rifle yet? That's going to be the real definition of stupid. You should accept the $250 offer. Or at least start bargaining from that point. Because the window is getting ready to close on that one.

Look at my posts as free BTTs. There's no effort on your part.
Here's a reasonably decent 1903 sporter for a scant $200 more than your tent stake: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=234976438

FYI, yours is a long, long, LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG way from that one in terms of quality.

You really are pretty damned dumb for someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales." And thin skinned, too.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11
If you ever quit this forum, Rastus, I'm gonna resign! grin
Posted By: Redbone311 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11
"Bricktop" is 100 percent spot on. As is "rifle" - above. What do you think.... that this Harry Creighton only made nothing but jewels??? Take a look at your own crude rifle and you can see that is NOT the case.
And how do you know that is a Douglas barrel? And not a second or third quality reject even is it is.
I saw a much better 1903 Spfld for sale with Custom thumb hole stock in nicely figured walnut (not that ugly beater - war surplus stock you have), custom re-barrel, light custom trigger, willams sights, etc. I don't know who the smith was - but obviously knew his stuff. And the price tag was $319!!!!
$319 - less than half of what you are asking - and for a much better rifle.
Dude - get a clue. You've got an old beater war surplus that was converted (and quite crudely at that) into a 257 Roberts hunter/shooter. It is NOT a collectors piece, work of art, nor anything else.
Posted By: Couesdeer Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11
I think all of these comments regarding the seller's asking price should be reserved for PMs and not posted on his ad. Let the man ask what he wants for his rifle. If you don't wish to purchase it at the price, move on....
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11
Originally Posted by Couesdeer
I think all of these comments regarding the seller's asking price should be reserved for PMs and not posted on his ad. Let the man ask what he wants for his rifle. If you don't wish to purchase it at the price, move on....
This is more fun. Especially with someone who identifies themselves as in "retail gun sales."
Posted By: adrianrog Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11
Another way for you to increase what people are willing to pay for your rifle is to shoot a few groups and post those. If it shoots really well, someone will pay a premium for it.
Originally Posted by adrianrog
Another way for you to increase what people are willing to pay for your rifle is to shoot a few groups and post those. If it shoots really well, someone will pay a premium for it.
Like who? Because all I see is an ex-military action with a bunch of extra holes drilled in it, brass filler screws, an overly polished oddball bluing job, an excessive amount of bolt jeweling, a semi-finished varnished stock devoid of checkering -- but with a cool rollover monte carlo comb -- and an obscure gunsmith's name stamped on the barrel. It would have to have some provenance as a world record holder in terms of accuracy before anyone would pay a nickel over what a good Remington 700 or Ruger 77 or Winchester Model 70 or Kimber would do.

Take note of the seller. He lists his occupation as "retail gun sales." Take note of his post traffic on here; the vast majority of it is in the classified ads and for things he's trying to sell. It would appear to me that he's operating a business. I don't know if he has a brick and mortar store, but if he did, how would he conduct himself there? Would he throw a fit if someone commented on his price there? Because I can tell you right now, this little gem would sit and sit and sit and very likely sit until doomsday, because a hacked up 1903 action is a long damned ways from a G&H sporter. And if he thinks otherwise, then he needs to start looking for another occupation muy pronto.
Posted By: wildwv Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11
I really can't believe that the Moderators on this forum allow some joke of a person to post comments like above.If you do not want to pay his asking price then move on to the next post, pretty simple.
Originally Posted by wildwv
I really can't believe that the Moderators on this forum allow some joke of a person to post comments like above.If you do not want to pay his asking price then move on to the next post, pretty simple.
This is more fun. Besides that, he's running a business via the free clasifieds. Candyass.
Posted By: andrews1958 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11

Have to agee with you
Originally Posted by andrews1958
Have to agee with you
Nobody likes a whiner.
Posted By: like2shoot Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Nobody likes a whiner.

You'd think someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales" would understand that.

You know, for someone who lists in their profile their occupation as "retail gun sales," you seem to be pretty dense.

You really are pretty damned dumb for someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales."

Especially with someone who identifies themselves as in "retail gun sales."

He lists his occupation as "retail gun sales.

Waaaaaa Bricktop, why are you whining about someone's occupation? All of the above from one thread. If the rifle is not priced correctly for the market, it won't sell.
Posted By: johnp034 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11
Here's a reasonably decent 1903 sporter for a scant $200 more than your tent stake: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=234976438

FYI, yours is a long, long, LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG way from that one in terms of quality.

You really are pretty damned dumb for someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales." And thin skinned, too.

Your right Mr. Wonderful, mine is a looooooooooooooonnnnnggggggg way from that one, about $549 from the "buy now" price, and a loooooonnnnnngggg way from the 85% condition of your comparative, also, I'd like to see some particulars on the $319 special that Cabela's has, that must be a beauty also. I don't believe I've ever seen a $319 rifle listed at any Cabela's. They wouldn't lower their standards.

Also, not that I have to explain anything to you, just because my occcupation is "retail gun sales", doesn't mean I own the facility, and doesn't mean I can't sell my own personal firearms on this website.
Posted By: chas05 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11
perhaps...Provenance, from the French provenir, "to come from", means the origin, or the source of something, or the history of the ownership or location of an object.[1] The term was originally mostly used for works of art, but is now used in similar senses in a wide range of fields, including science and computing. Typical uses may cover any artifact found in archaeology, any object in paleontology, certain documents (such as manuscripts), or copies of printed books. In most fields, the primary purpose of provenance is to confirm or gather evidence as to the time, place, and�when appropriate�the person responsible for the creation, production, or discovery of the object. This will typically be accomplished by tracing the whole history of the object up to the present. Comparative techniques, expert opinions, and the results of scientific tests may also be used to these ends, but establishing provenance is essentially a matter of documentation.

In archaeology (particularly North American archaeology and anthropological archaeology throughout the world), the term provenience is used somewhat similarly to "provenance". Archaeological researchers use provenience to refer to the three-dimensional location of an artifact or feature within an archaeological site,[2] as opposed to provenance, which includes an artifact's complete documented history.

perhaps....

Charlie
Originally Posted by like2shoot
Nobody likes a whiner.

You know, for someone who lists in their profile their occupation as "retail gun sales," you seem to be pretty dense.

You really are pretty damned dumb for someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales."

Especially with someone who identifies themselves as in "retail gun sales."

He lists his occupation as "retail gun sales.

Waaaaaa Bricktop, why are you whining about someone's occupation? All of the above from one thread. If the rifle is not priced correctly for the market, it won't sell.
Nope, I don't see a single thing that would indicate I was whining; i.e., to complain in a sniveling, self-pitying way. You know, people like you, whose feelings tend to get hurt over an exchange on an internet message board. I have made a few observations. You do know what an OBSERVATION is, don't you? Since this is something that has quite obviously escaped your feeble little mind, allow me to explain: an observation is something I have noticed or perceived. And I have NOTICED that this person lists his occupation as "retail gun sales." And I'm pretty sure that retail gun sales involves personal interaction with the public, properly pricing and marketing guns, fielding questions and comments, etc. It would seem a person who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales," yet can't grasp those fundamentals might ought to be honing their resume for another line of work. I hear Wal-Fart is hiring.

And for your very obvious conclusion, I don't see this rifle selling, do you? So what does that indicate with regards to the pricing? Do you think it's priced correctly for the market? I'm guessing, little man, that the OBVIOUS answer is going to be NO.

You're really quick-witted, huh?
Here's a reasonably decent 1903 sporter for a scant $200 more than your tent stake: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=234976438FYI, yours is a long, long, LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG way from that one in terms of quality.

Your right Mr. Wonderful, mine is a looooooooooooooonnnnnggggggg way from that one, about $549 from the "buy now" price, and a loooooonnnnnngggg way from the 85% condition of your comparative, also, I'd like to see some particulars on the $319 special that Cabela's has, that must be a beauty also. I don't believe I've ever seen a $319 rifle listed at any Cabela's. They wouldn't lower their standards.

Also, not that I have to explain anything to you, just because my occcupation is "retail gun sales", doesn't mean I own the facility, and doesn't mean I can't sell my own personal firearms on this website.
So, uh, anyone buy your rifle yet, smart guy?

Take note that safariman just sold a rifle very similar to yours with a scope and a Boyd's stock for $400 shipped.

Someone offered a you a real world price of $250 for your rifle. It's time to leave fantasy land and decide if you want to sell this. Or not.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/12/11
I'm with Bricktop on this. He tried to educate the guy but dude refused to take what appears to be very good advice. OP should wise up if he wants to sell any guns here as there really are not many here stupid enough to pay that much for that chunk of iron. A few, probably, but they ain't got any money.

Wise up,Johnp034.
Posted By: Redbone311 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/16/11

Cabelas even sells guns for $99.99. Look at their advertisements. They recently sold brand new guns for that low.
So why would they not sell used for more. DUH !

And that rifle was WAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better than you boat paddle.

By the way, how is the sales on this rifle going. Lots of bites on this one huh? So far I see one offer for $250.

yet you still are not smart enough to catch on.

And by the way folks: I DID try and email this dim-wit w/ a PM before all this. He gave me chit instead.
Posted By: johnp034 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/16/11
Gee whiz, I'm so sorry, I didn't know I had to ask for permission and advise on pricing my guns to sell on this forum. Next time I'll be sure to check with you three experts.
Posted By: Redbone311 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/16/11
I think you mean adviCe. Not advise.
But yes, you would be wise to listen to just about anyone's advice. As on your own, you don't seem to catch on, even after getting hit in the head with several bricks.

You sure don't need permission. But listening to some other people who were trying to help you might be a good idea.
Your ignorance and stubbornness cause the help to turn a bit though.

Good luck with your "sale".
Posted By: efw Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/16/11

If this were just some sporterized Springfield 03-A3 John would be wrong.

HW Creighton was a benchrest gunsmith. I have a 6mm-250 on a Remington-built 03-A3 with a Sako take-off barrel built by Creighton it is crazy accurate. I'm sure this one is no different.

Now there is a lot of room between the $700 asking price and the $250 this "real world" person threw out, but there can be no doubt that this "real world" offer was based upon ignorance of the rifle.

If I had the cash I'd definately be on this. If it performs anything like my 6mm it'll make someone very, very happy.

Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/16/11
Originally Posted by efw
If this were just some sporterized Springfield 03-A3 John would be wrong.

HW Creighton was a benchrest gunsmith. I have a 6mm-250 on a Remington-built 03-A3 with a Sako take-off barrel built by Creighton it is crazy accurate. I'm sure this one is no different.

Now there is a lot of room between the $700 asking price and the $250 this "real world" person threw out, but there can be no doubt that this "real world" offer was based upon ignorance of the rifle.

If I had the cash I'd definately be on this. If it performs anything like my 6mm it'll make someone very, very happy.
So if this thing is so damned good and such a "bargain," why hasn't anyone snapped it up?

As much as it hurts your feelings and bruises yours and the seller's egos, $250 is much closer to a realistic selling price on this rifle. It seems most likely Mr. Craigslist here is in the business of buying and selling guns and paid too damned much for this one to turn a profit.
Posted By: efw Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/16/11
No bruising of my or the seller's egos, bricktop.

The fact that you ignore is that unsolicited advice is worth as much as is paid for it. If someone wants to offer a firearm for sale on this site at a price that is too high, that is their right.

It seems to me that it is your ego that needs feeding. Everytime I see you involved in a thread it becomes a personal, name-calling cluster-cuss. You're always offering unsolicited advice and getting into these stupid arguments about nothing and it appears that it is to somehow prove your "expertise" to a group of people who really don't care.

It is bad form to criticize an offering price in the public forum. If you make an offer via PM and don't get the response you desire, move along. As has been pointed out here already, there have been Springfields offered here for less money. Go buy one.
Posted By: 3dtestify Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/16/11
Well stated. Couldn't agree more.
Posted By: 257wthbylover Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/16/11
+1 on well stated and couldnt agree more!!!
Posted By: johnp034 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/16/11
Thank you efw, for your positive feedback! This rifle is a tack driver, as you stated, all of Harry Creighton's are. I also have one of his in a .220 Swift that shoots 1/4" holes all day long. Won't be selling that one anytime soon.

Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/17/11
Originally Posted by efw
No bruising of my or the seller's egos, bricktop.

The fact that you ignore is that unsolicited advice is worth as much as is paid for it. If someone wants to offer a firearm for sale on this site at a price that is too high, that is their right.

It seems to me that it is your ego that needs feeding. Everytime I see you involved in a thread it becomes a personal, name-calling cluster-cuss. You're always offering unsolicited advice and getting into these stupid arguments about nothing and it appears that it is to somehow prove your "expertise" to a group of people who really don't care.

It is bad form to criticize an offering price in the public forum. If you make an offer via PM and don't get the response you desire, move along. As has been pointed out here already, there have been Springfields offered here for less money. Go buy one.
Who the f*ck are you, the politeness police? I didn't realize the flavor of the day was now candyass.

You and johnp034 can try and spin this nine ways to Sunday, but here's the reality: the gun being sold is nothing more than a fairly crude sporter built on a military 1903 action. It's not a G&H sporter. The gunsmith in question was only a regional gunsmith of average ability; there's no great fan base out there trying to locate his rifles as they would a Fred Wells or Lenard Brownell. Similar rifles don't sell for anywhere near the asking price this pogue is asking. Is any of this sinking in yet?

The seller has identified himself as employed in "retail gun sales," yet he seems to be completely detached from this. He offers misleading items for sale. (Anyone recall his "Remington Rand" 1911 and the offense he took when it was pointed out that this was NOT what he was selling?) And now he's selling this crude military sporter. And when someone shot him an offer, he took offense at that.

There's just no demand for this rifle at the price offered. Period. That's reality. You can sure as hell sit on it at $750 and that's all that'll happen. Read it and weep.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/17/11
Can't say much for the aesthetics of john's rifle. Does your rifle look any better? I'd like to see some pics.
Posted By: efw Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/18/11
Thanks for proving my point... and for the avatar... my boys crack up every time they see it.
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/18/11
Originally Posted by efw
Thanks for proving my point... and for the avatar... my boys crack up every time they see it.
Proving your point on what? You've expended a hell of a lot of effort trying to sell this fence post of a rifle, but I don't see any buyers. And for all of your bluster, you sure as hell ain't one. Funny how that is, huh?
Posted By: Tonk Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/18/11
I really don't wish to agree with the guy who passes himself off as a "Ghetto Brat" but he has laid out the true facts for you concerning your rifle. I'll give you $200 US Dollars for the rifle and you pay the shipping........now comes the final hour-Dah! What ya gonna do Bud?
Posted By: johnp034 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/18/11
Won't even comment on that offer."DAH!
Won't even comment on that offer."DAH!
Has the rifle sold yet?
Posted By: XPNut Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/18/11
So what trigger does this rifle have? I see it still has the mil-safety. Stamped bottom metal or forged?
**SPF**
**SPF**
Prove it.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/18/11
**SPF**

And what did the market bear?
**SPF**
Prove it.

What do you have a vested interest in it? I don't have to prove anything to you. Go sh$t on someone else's post. Thats about all your good for.
Originally Posted by Craigster
**SPF**
And what did the market bear?
Probably whatever insurance paid.
How'd you guess, NeedleDick? I sold it to my insurance man!!
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/19/11
How'd you guess, NeedleDick? I sold it to my insurance man!!
If there was a real live buyer anywhere north of $350, you and him would be strutting around like a couple of stiff pricks.
Posted By: johnp034 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/19/11
Well at $700, I must be strutting around like I took a double dose of Viagra, DickWeed!!
Well at $700, I must be strutting around like I took a double dose of Viagra, DickWeed!!
Prove it.
Posted By: johnp034 Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/19/11
Don't have to, end of story.
Don't have to, end of story.
Because there ain't one.
Posted By: 101guns Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/20/11
I wanted a Creighton and now its mine. The way it works is that the Owner sets the price. Someone who wants it can pay that price or keep his mouth shut and read the next post. I will not mention names as several people have posted here, but if I ever want a jack@ss, I can read this post again and know where to find one.
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/20/11
Originally Posted by 101guns
I wanted a Creighton and now its mine. The way it works is that the Owner sets the price. Someone who wants it can pay that price or keep his mouth shut and read the next post. I will not mention names as several people have posted here, but if I ever want a jack@ss, I can read this post again and know where to find one.
Well, well, if it isn't johnp034's troll account.

Actually the way it works, johnp034/101guns, is you place something for sale in the virtual marketplace, and people ask questions and make comments. You know, social interaction, just like in the real world. If you don't like the environment, then you go somewhere else. Is that too hard to understand?
Posted By: 101guns Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/20/11
I will post the shipping lable and pic on gun when it gets here. Thanks for your time.
I will post the shipping lable and pic on gun when it gets here. Thanks for your time.
I want to see a canceled check and a copy of your 4473 before I'll believe any of this bullshit fairy tale. Say, that reminds me, how long have you and johnp034 been intimate?
Posted By: whipholt_wahoo Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/20/11
I want to see a canceled check and a copy of your 4473 before I'll believe any of this bullshit fairy tale. Say, that reminds me, how long have you and johnp034 been intimate?

I seem to remember you had 2 muzzleloaders for sale,here and elsewhere that didnt sell.
I just wonder why you would care what he is asking,or was asking.
Originally Posted by fluffy
I seem to remember you had 2 muzzleloaders for sale,here and elsewhere that didnt sell.
I just wonder why you would care what he is asking,or was asking.
You remember wrong and I'm very curious in the antics of someone who's running their for-profit business from the free classifieds.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/20/11
Damn! I hate this one sold before I got to it. I'd have easily paid $750 for it. Just damn!

Posted By: whipholt_wahoo Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/21/11
You remember wrong and I'm very curious in the antics of someone who's running their for-profit business from the free classifieds. [/quote]

Jim Dandy!
Carry on,then,sir! laugh
Posted By: efw Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/21/11
I like what you did w/ my avatar.

Now it won't be my boys laughing as much as my wife!

It's just proof that even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while!
Posted By: Huntz Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/21/11
So another episode of" As The Turd Whirls ends!!!!!! " laugh
Posted By: efw Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/21/11
I want to see a canceled check and a copy of your 4473 before I'll believe any of this bullshit fairy tale.

So Rick Bin musta made you the 'fire's own Barney Fife BATF enforcement officer?

Pull that cartridge outta yer shirtpocket... oh... and while you got 'em pulled to the side, make sure these two understand the rules governing the shipping of firearms too. Wouldn't want that hard earned expertise of yours to be lost on anyone...

So how does that work again? I'm sure this is considered a relic and can therefore go w/out a license but if I'm wrong I'm sure you'll correct me crazy .

Keep us updated on the whereabouts of that documentation. We're all waiting with baited breath to know whether you approve of the transaction and when you don't, exactly why...

Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/21/11
Originally Posted by efw
I want to see a canceled check and a copy of your 4473 before I'll believe any of this bullshit fairy tale.
Keep us updated on the whereabouts of that documentation.
I can't get what isn't there. This rifle did not sell for anywhere near the $750 asking price, of that I'm sure. The cons run by this person alleging to be in "retail gun sales" are very interesting to say the least. Like the 1911 Remington Rand he was selling.
Posted By: Bigdogfla Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/22/11
I can't stand it... I gotta jump in!!! For many of us on the "Fire", Bricktop is part of the reason we stay here.... as if we were all around a campfire and it was getting late and the drinkin' was goin' strong.... And the BS was Rockin'.... He certainly has the BALLS to call a guy out!!!

There are a few retailers on here that try to sell their "Wares" at prices that are clearly closer to those found at Bass Pro, Cabela's and other retail businesses.... I feel like callin' them out at times... Bricktop is my Hero!!! It's all GOOD!!!
Posted By: whipholt_wahoo Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/23/11
I dont know.If its priced too high,it wont sell.Isnt that enough?
Posted By: like2shoot Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/23/11
Bigdogfla, since the majority of your post are in the classifieds, are you going to be a bricktop fan when he calls you out? Just asking.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/25161
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/23/11
Bigdogfla, since the majority of your post are in the classifieds, are you going to be a bricktop fan when he calls you out? Just asking.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/25161
I don't recall bigdogfla running a business via the free classifieds, do you? The point has obviously gone WAYYYYY over your head like a 747.

You've got a couple of idiots operating their businesses via the free classified ads. Let me reiterate the word "free." Savvy? It doesn't cost them a damned thing. They're also not supporting the 'site through ad sales or contributing to any discussions. Are you still with me? Despite all that, they've got the balls to express righteous indignation at anyone they perceive as maligning their FREE ad. Why is that? Exactly where did they earn any particular respect from anyone? They haven't paid for anything monetarily. They don't have any interest in contributing to the 'site, yet just the fact that they get to post FREE ads without any other restriction just ain't good enough in their minds, is it? Is any of this sinking in yet?

I've seen some boards with specific policies regarding who's allowed to post classified ads, with a certain number of posts required, certain levels of participation expected or financial support required of those who operate businesses. Deadbeats like johnp034 are getting exactly what they've earned, and nothing less.
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/23/11
Originally Posted by fluffy
I dont know.If its priced too high,it wont sell.Isnt that enough?
If the seller isn't prepared to answer questions or just deal with people in general, then how does he make it in "retail gun sales?"
Posted By: like2shoot Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/23/11
"You've got a couple of idiots operating their businesses via the free classified ads. Let me reiterate the word "free." Savvy? It doesn't cost them a damned thing."

We agree on the definition of free. Yet you want them to pay? Have you paid a thing for the free classifieds? Who appointed you the classroom monitor for the 24 HCF? I missed the e-mail, could you forward your copy to me? Thanks

"I've seen some boards with specific policies regarding who's allowed to post classified ads, with a certain number of posts required, certain levels of participation expected or financial support required of those who operate businesses."

Do you have a point? I have seen boards with none of those restrictions, including 24 HCF. Take it up with the owner since it seems to bother you.
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/24/11
"You've got a couple of idiots operating their businesses via the free classified ads. Let me reiterate the word "free." Savvy? It doesn't cost them a damned thing."

We agree on the definition of free. Yet you want them to pay? Have you paid a thing for the free classifieds? Who appointed you the classroom monitor for the 24 HCF? I missed the e-mail, could you forward your copy to me? Thanks

"I've seen some boards with specific policies regarding who's allowed to post classified ads, with a certain number of posts required, certain levels of participation expected or financial support required of those who operate businesses."

Do you have a point? I have seen boards with none of those restrictions, including 24 HCF. Take it up with the owner since it seems to bother you.
Since you're obviously an incredibly stupid [bleep]*cker, allow me to repeat myself. The morons, like johnp034, whom you're holding in such high esteem, aren't supporting the 'site through ad sales or contributing to any discussions. Are they? They don't participate in any discussions that would impart any information of any sort, nor are they paying for anything. Are they? Despite all that, they've got the balls to express righteous indignation at anyone they perceive as maligning their FREE ad. Why is that? Exactly where did they earn any particular respect from anyone? They haven't paid for anything monetarily. They don't have any interest in contributing to the 'site, yet just the fact that they get to post FREE ads without any other restriction just ain't good enough in their minds, is it? Is any of this sinking in yet? They're getting exactly what they paid to get.

Really, are you that f*cking stupid that you can't understand that?

And if you haven't seen any of the restrictions on various 'site ad policies as I've enumerated here, you're further proving my point that you're just a dumb, butt-hurt [bleep]*cker who doesn't get around much. Look at AR15.com, for instance. Dealers are compelled to buy "memberships" on the 'site, no discussions are permitted in the ad sections, BTTs are only allowed once every 72 hours, etc. Does any of this mean anything to you? Or are you just that f*cking stupid that it all went over your head like the other points?
Posted By: like2shoot Re: Custom .257 Roberts - 06/24/11
I have a suggestion for you. Compose a PM using the same words and terms you use in your posts and send it to the owner of this site. Tell him how you really feel and how wrong he is for allowing all of the things that he allows here. Give him three choices. Change his site. Close his site. Or really hurt him by taking your business elsewhere. Give him ...24 hours to meet your demands before you leave. See where that gets you.
I have a suggestion for you. Compose a PM using the same words and terms you use in your posts and send it to the owner of this site. Tell him how you really feel and how wrong he is for allowing all of the things that he allows here. Give him three choices. Change his site. Close his site. Or really hurt him by taking your business elsewhere. Give him ...24 hours to meet your demands before you leave. See where that gets you.
I'm not the whiny little bitch complaining about "rules." That's you, sport.

It's patently obvious that the tone of this discussion is far beyond the capabilities of your feeble little mind.

Allow me to break this into bite sized pieces so your kids can explain it to you.

No one pays for their ads here, do they? Yes or no?

Therefore, has anyone lost any money on advertising their "wares?" Again, please answer yes or no.

I could go further, but I can tell from your responses that your little head is swimming.
"I'm not the whiny little bitch complaining about "rules." That's you, sport."

That was a deep cut, let me go find some neosporin. Coming from you, that statement is hilarious. Whining seems to be your forte.

You try to bully people into doing things the bricktop way by insults and whining incessantly about perceived wrongs. Why not take some solid action and take your complaints up with management? I know why. They don't care about you. Traffic increases profits. Traffic from whiners, freeloaders, and everyone else. Nothing gets changes by your posts. Send your complaints to RickBin. Post the pm for all to see. Lets see where that gets you.
"I'm not the whiny little bitch complaining about "rules." That's you, sport."

That was a deep cut, let me go find some neosporin. Coming from you, that statement is hilarious. Whining seems to be your forte.

You try to bully people into doing things the bricktop way by insults and whining incessantly about perceived wrongs. Why not take some solid action and take your complaints up with management? I know why. They don't care about you. Traffic increases profits. Traffic from whiners, freeloaders, and everyone else. Nothing gets changes by your posts. Send your complaints to RickBin. Post the pm for all to see. Lets see where that gets you.
You really are a stupid [bleep]*cker. Everything I posted went completely over your head.

Allow me to summarize for you and your fellow ass-lickers once more:

The ads are free, are they not? Nod your head yes.

The people you're defending don't pay for ads, correct? The obvious answer to that is NO.

The people you're also defending don't participate anywhere but in this forum for the purposes of operating a for-profit business, do they not. That answer is also YES.

Yet these same people you're defending, who pay nothing and do not contribute either tangibly or intangibly (look those up in the dictionary, little man), seem to feel entitled to a certain measure of respect and professional courtesy, do they not? That answer is also YES.

Why do these people who advertise their businesses for free without any sort of contribution feel entitled to ANYTHING? It would appear to me, Mary, that they're getting exactly what they paid to get and exactly what they contributed to get -- NOTHING.

I've asked you questions in previous posts which you have conspicuously ignored, either through sheer ignorance or fear of admitting an unpleasant truth.

It would seem you -- the little ass-licker who has broached the subject -- has a problem with this 'site owner, not I. I've taken my complaints directly to the people with whom I take issue -- pay attention, dickhead -- and the 'site owner ain't one of them.
You really are a stupid [bleep]*cker. Everything I posted went completely over your head.

Again, coming from you that is hilarious.

Can you tell me who I am defending? It isn't the OP. I continue to ask you questions you choose not to answer. You attempt to belittle people when it suits your agenda. You complain that there are not enough rules here to suit you. Yet you stay here. Why?
Originally Posted by like2kissass

Again, coming from you that is hilarious.

Can you tell me who I am defending? It isn't the OP. I continue to ask you questions you choose not to answer. You attempt to belittle people when it suits your agenda. You complain that there are not enough rules here to suit you. Yet you stay here. Why?
I've answered your questions, [bleep], you're just too stupid to read and comprehend those answers. As stated previously, I've directed any issues I have directly at the people with whom I have a problem -- and in case you still can't understand, I want to know why a person who isn't interested in supporting the 'site or interested in participating in any discussions thinks he is entitled to any particular respect or consideration for the business he's operating. Is that too big of a question for you to understand? Is it too complex for you to answer?

Notice I did not state a need for rules, did I? That's your own little twist at making 2+2 = 5.

Notice a I did not state a problem with the 'site owner, did I? That's something entirely imagined on your part.

Are you going to answer the questions I posed to you?

Are you able to answer the questions I posed to you? Because it appears you're too f*cking stupid to use the quote feature.
© 24hourcampfire