Home
This is a Ruger M77R in caliber 7x57 (7mm Mauser). It is a tang safety, pre-warning model made in approximately 1974 as shown on the Ruger website. This is my first 7x57 and a very nice rifle that I would rather not sell, but I have promises to keep. I personally have killed deer with it and it works great. The action is butter-smooth and the trigger very nice. There is some thinning of the blueing on the bolt knob, on the safety slide, and on the barrel at the muzzle end. You have to look very closely to find the few slight blemishes on the stock, but nothing bad. The bore is in very good condition. I really like this rifle and I believe you will to. Add actual shipping cost to your FFL dealer. Thanks for looking. Please send me a PM. Asking $495.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/tradbowhuntr/m77r7x57022.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/tradbowhuntr/m77r7x57026.jpg[/img]
Holy Hellfire........I gotta stay outta the classifieds, what a deal, if anyones awake, I dont spect this one will make it to breakfast...TTT for a iceberg COOL rifle.

Gunner
That'll go..
wish my checkbook wasn't flat. Great gun!
Very nice rifle. You've taken good care of the old girl.
mad i just spent my rifle fund yesterday.....and i didnt even buy a rifle with it.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
That'll go..
It'll damn sure hunt too!
Need a Ruger MK II stainless 338 Win Mag with a Timney trigger by any chance??? whistle

wink

What a GREAT RIFLE.

I killed bunch of mule deer, several antelope and a half-dozen elk with a RUGER 77 precisely like this one. Very low recoil, startling accuracy and a wonderful killer.

My Ruger's favourite load was as follows:

7X57
145-grain Speer Spitzer Hot-Cor
48.0 grains of IMR-4350
Winchester Brass
WLR Primers

MV= 2,725 fps

My rifle literally never kissed a single critter and all kills were one-shot/bang-flops

Bump for a wonderful friend and a GREAT rifle & hunting cartridge

Blessings To All,

Steve

Does it have any favorite loads?
Thanks for the positive comments.

No, I don't need a 338, but thanks.

I am not very anal about loads and groups. I pick a bullet I want to hunt with and a powder with good history with that bullet. If they go into an inch or so at 100 yards I go hunting. That said, the loads I have used in this Ruger 7x57 are as follows:

145gr Speer Hot Cor, 50gr H4350;
160gr Speer Hot Cor, 47gr H4350 (my favorite deer load);
175gr Hornady spire point interlock, 45gr H4350 (another excellent deer load).

None of these loads produce CHE or any other signs of high pressure in this rifle. And brass lasts a long time.

I want you all to know that the stock on this rifle is not original to this rifle. It is a nice Ruger stock from another Ruger rifle. The stock that was on the gun when I bought it had been modified quite a bit. I think the rifle is prettier and more desireable with this stock. I don't hold any secrets and don't want anyone to be surprised. I am telling the truth when I say this is a good rifle and I would rather not sell it. But I used plastic to buy a couple other rifles that I thought I needed, and I promised the Mrs that I would sell-off a couple to pay the credit card bill. Does this sound familiar to any of you? smile
BTT for a nice rifle.

I also have one of these 7x57's, and after all the research on how they produced a bad batch in 7 x 57, my worries were quelled when my first load pushed a 120 NBT at near book max putting 3 holes in .275" CTC and the nice ruger trigger adjusted to break crisp, my worry was for naught. I actually thought I had a flier until I saw the backing cardboard showed the 3 rings well defined.

Good luck, someone will be getting a nice, light and mild recoiling package that shoots.

Allen
PM sent.....someone better buy it quick....or else...
This thing should NOT still be here for anywhere CLOSE to this price!
NICE RIFLE
Gotta do a free bump for this.
This is ridiculous bump..
This should be long gone!
Originally Posted by 3dtestify
This should be long gone!

Dang right, all wrapped up and ridin' in the "brown truck"

Gunner
I'm somewhat fond of the 7X57's myself.

Surprised that a rifle of this quality and price is not already in someone else' safe.

Were I not a lefty, it would be in mine.

Now, someone out there do the right thing for yourself and buy this rifle!!

Steve
This rifle is no longer available. Thanks for all the inquiries.

I have another Ruger M77 in 7x57 caliber for sale. Here is a link to that listing:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Ruger_M77_round_top_bolt_ac#Post5557364
Both a fabulous

ddj
© 24hourcampfire