Home
Guys,

This is some professional grade Ebony substitute material I developed as an answer to problems I have had with Ebony and African Blackwood over the years. I needed a material that had all the beauty of Natural Ebony or Blackwood but without it's problems- this is it.

I commissioned one of the best gunstock laminate companies in the US to come up with a solution. It is jet black ,tripled dyed laminated Northern birch. It is not commercially available at this time. It is NOT a fully resin impregnated material- it glues sands and takes finish JUST like the rest of stock.

Unlike tropical woods such as Ebony and Blackwood- it is dimensionally stable. It will not warp, crack or swell over time. Has no oils that will prevent the curing of glues or stock finishes. Overall, It is the BEST black natural wood tip material I have ever used.

This material is a dark charcoal grey in it's natural state When finished is applied it turns a dark jet black. Unlike most Ebony which is so black it looks like plastic when finished, this material actually shows the layers of grain. So ,far most of my customers think it looks even better than Ebony on completed stocks.

I am extremely pleased with the material and use it on my own work- stocks that can cost several thousands when completed.

I have a dozen forend tip/grip cap sets cut for sale. The forend tip blocks are 2 square by 3" long. The grip caps blanks are 1/2" thick by 2" wide by 3" long.

The grip cap tip sets are $19.50 shipped. I would like to spread these around to those who want one, so a limit of 2 sets per order.

Material in raw form-

[Linked Image]

Material color installed on a stock with finish applied-
[Linked Image]

BTT.. wink
BTT.. wink
show em some more pics of what it looks like as a grip cap too !!

great looking stuff all....
As per Splatter's suggestion here are two pics that show the material with finish.

The first shows it on a an English walnut stock. Note the color compared to the black Pachmayr pad. The second shows a closeup of the grip cap. Note how cleanly the material cuts for a near perfect fit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Oh yeah !
I'll take a set. Please PM where you want the money sent.
I will take a set. How do you want the money? Personal check or what. I need to know where to send it.
PM sent to both elkermarty and muledeer ..

Only two sets left..
I'll take a set. Tell me where to send funds.

Thanks,

ddj
Hopefully you have one set left. Please PM me and I'll send a MO. Thanks.
Reply PMs sent..
see what posting pics will do for you !
Thanks.

ddj
Gents,

If you have responded to this listing and have not replied with payment details to a PM from me please double check and respond.

I just want to make sure everyone gets what they wanted.

Thanks.
I would like a set if any are still available. Pm incoming...
I will take a set. Just what I need. Paypal or check? regards david
If any left I'll take one, if not any chance of getting some more?
© 24hourcampfire