Home
Posted By: flattop_johnny Custom 338-06 For Sale - 12/06/11
Guys,

Due to recent lay off at work and an older dependent mother with no health coverage, I am forced to sell some of my rifles.

First is a custom 338-06 built on a lazer engraved Remington 700 action blueprinted and trued by Mitch Schultz of Gunsmithing LTD of Southport, CT. Rifle sits in a Bell and Carlson Alaskan Ti stock (the one with the full bedding block) It is wearing a Shilen Match grade barrel in standard sporter contour, and trigger has been upgraded to a Jewell set at 2-1/2 lbs. Rifle is of the Detatchable Mag configuration and comes with a spare mag. Also included in the sale are the Leupold bases and rings, original factory stock, Reloading dies, 130 assorted bullets, 150pcs of brass, and I also have 45 of my handloads left.
This rifle will routinely shoot sub-MOA groups, and has shot a 5" 5 shot group @ 800 yds while on a range in Montana.(that's phenomenal for me). The stock is new and has not been hunted yet,but the rifle in the old stock did account for my first bull elk in Montana. The round count is approximately +or- 200 rounds. Also barrel length is 24" with target crown.I have almost $2000.00 invested in the rifle, but will sell the entire package shipped and insured to your FFL for $1350 FIRM
First I'll take it gets it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/45-70justbecause/IMG_2036.jpg[/img]

Thanks for looking,
johnny
Nice rig and nice bull but my real question is what are you using for a scope with your 338/06 @ 800 yds?

Thx
Dober
Posted By: gotbull Re: Custom 338-06 For Sale - 12/06/11
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Nice rig and nice bull but my real question is what are you using for a scope with your 338/06 @ 800 yds?

Thx
Dober

I agree. That is very nice.
Scope looks like a shepherd to me.
Hey Mark,

Believe I spoke to you before about this bull,,(harvested near Thompson Falls MT)... as far as the scope goes...it was a Shepherd
P-2 that I tailored my handloads to the reticle exactly out to 800 yds...was 2" off @ 900, and 6" off @ 1000.
I was shooting at 18" steel plates with the 18" reticle circles. It made for an easier sight picture that way.
I obviously wouldn't shoot at game that far, but it was fun at the range though, and very satisfying if I might add.

good shootin'
johnny
Thx-appreciate the info, and I do love that bull as well the 338/06.

Dober
Forgot to add that I think I have the original box from the donor rifle, not that it matters with all the alterations, but I will double check tonight for the box....it started out life as a 280 Rem.
good shootin'
johnny
Posted By: OldRooster Re: Custom 338-06 For Sale - 12/06/11
Johnny is a great guy to work a deal with.
Buuump!
Thanks for the bump Dave... hows the 257?
Posted By: OldRooster Re: Custom 338-06 For Sale - 12/07/11
Excellent! Sorry to hear you're in the unployment club. This chit gets old after a while.
d.
Bump before I hit the hay
Morning Bump
BTT
Posted By: bowhgs280 Re: Custom 338-06 For Sale - 12/07/11
I'll trade ya my first born for it. grin
Nice rifle. Wish I had the money to take it off your hands.
Thanks,
wish I didn't have to sell it
johnny
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Custom 338-06 For Sale - 12/08/11
What does she weigh?
I don't have an accurate way of weighing it...closest I could get
was to step on a scale without it and then with it....My scale weighs to the closest 1/2 lb so according to this method it weighed 6-1/2lbs with bases and rings ..no scope. Sorry I couldn't do better.
johnny
BTT
Last Bump before it goes back in the safe
I'll be putting this one back in the safe now...I have a few odds and ends out there on e-bay doing well so I can keep this now...

Thanks,
johnny
© 24hourcampfire