Home
Posted By: MtnBoomer Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/23/11
77 Mark II SS 7WSM offered at $530 shipped/insured USPS CONUS to FFL from non. Includes med SS rings(2 of the 8 ring screws are black), no scope. Acquired used, shows very little use. Only need first 3 and last 5 numbers of the FFL. Not currently offered elsewhere. Seeking payment without delay, shipping will be prompt. Thanks. OT

[Linked Image]

Only tried a few 162 Amax and RL-22 loads. 22" barrel.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/23/11
Looks pretty promising. Bump for a great guy....and a unique rifle. Don't see them chambered for the 7 wizzum too often. Looking for any trades?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/23/11
Thanks BSA. It's a little used rifle, and I like the balance and feel just fine and really like the prospects of the 7WSM but haven't warmed up to CRF.

Trade toward a Zeiss PRF or the Swaro or maybe a Leica 1200 or 1600 CRF but leaning toward the Zeiss if I'm buying. No others considered.

One of the limited run 700 Mtn Guide SS in 243 or 7-08 would interest me much.
ttt
Posted By: noKnees Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/23/11
A quick comment.. Ruger uses the standard sporter 22" barrels on there WSM/SAUMs (same contour as a 308 win). That makes a very nice sized package with a good bit of punch to it.
Safe to assume the 3 mid 2700 numbers are the velocity for that load?
Posted By: Calvin Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/23/11
Only 200fps slower than my 22" 7saum.. (grin)

Plenty of gas left to go.. Bump.
Yep - on mild side. Tried up to 66.5 for 2890 but I did not get a decent group. May have been the triggerman. wink Maybe someone can buy this and work up some loads to share...
I'll take placement over speed anyday! Nice gun.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/24/11
Dropped to $500 shipped! Like they say, take it - or leave it... grin

Merry Christmas...
HoHoHo
Posted By: Calvin Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/24/11
Do you have a decent scale to weight it on? Could you also weight just the barreled action? Thx!
I'll get the weights posted later this afternoon. The company has me "working" today - tomorrow too... But I think it is half the cost and not nearly double the weight of a Montucky. (-:
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/24/11
This is a rare find. I already have one or I'd buy it.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/25/11
On the Postal Scale:
Barreled action sans scope rings is 5 lbs even.
Stock weighs 1 lb 15.4 oz.

Bottom metal - floorplate and triggergaurd - are stainless steel not aluminum, and all seem hella-stout. Perfect for Alaska, Kentucky or wherever....

Merry Christmas bump. Can't believe this is still around. Somebody swipe this-they didn't make many!
Posted By: Cinch Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/25/11
PM sent
Posted By: Calvin Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/25/11
Originally Posted by oregontripper
On the Postal Scale:
Barreled action sans scope rings is 5 lbs even.
Stock weighs 1 lb 15.4 oz.

Bottom metal - floorplate and triggergaurd - are stainless steel not aluminum, and all seem hella-stout. Perfect for Alaska, Kentucky or wherever....

Dang.. Somebody ought to Edge the rifle, and have it close to a Kimber Montana in weight, with one of the best stocks on the market. I'm really tempted, but have a LWT 7saum. I was trying to talk a buddy into it last night, but he was a bit shell shocked after his christmas shopping.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/25/11
You ain't the only one who's tempted!

Real bad time to go rifle shopping for me, I just bought a house.
Posted By: Karnis Re: Stainless Ruger 7WSM - 12/25/11
Home equity loan? laugh

Great deal on a great cartridge. Should be a smidge over 8 lbs with a scope (as is).
Yep, as pictured it is 8lbs 2oz with the Bushy 4200 3-9x40. Got a trade pending terms - so if anyone want's seconds? Ya never know, HoHoHo...

Merry Christmas.
Traded. She's a'headed to Wyoming.

Thanks to all for playing Ruger for rangefinder... OT
© 24hourcampfire