Home
I am looking for a good trigger as I can't seem to get the factory one adjusted to anything other than 10 lbs and rough. I don't want to modify the stock. Thanks.
Sako factory triggers (particularyly the older ones) can normally be adjusted down to a safe +/- 4lb pull with minimal effort. If your trigger is hard and gritty I suggest pulling it,soaking it overnight. and using some pressurized air to blow it clean in an attempt to remove any built up grease, lubricant, and foreign matter. Once this is down, try the adjustments again.

If that doesn't work, try to locate an experienced gunsmith who has expereince disassembling triggers to diagnose and cure your your problem. In my area this work normally runs about $50. If all else fails, Timney makes a good crisp drop in trigger that retails for around $125-130 when they can be found.
That is good advice. Had one gummed up several years ago that cleaned up real nice. Bolt and firing pin needed some TLC as well. Concluded it was attributable to the care given it by the prior owner.
© 24hourcampfire