Home
Posted By: 12344mag Herters 22lr revolver - 02/01/12
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone here would know the value of a Herters 8 shot 22lr revolver?

Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Herters 22lr revolver - 02/01/12
I bought one used 11 years ago for $115. About 90%.
Posted By: blackwinch Re: Herters 22lr revolver - 02/01/12
This is from the Blue Book...

HERTERS
Previous importer, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Waseca, MN from early 1960s - 1979. Herters also had additional retail stores scattered throughout the upper Midwest.
Herters subcontracted various manufacturers (mostly European) to fabricate Powermag revolvers, U-9/J-9 rifles, and shotguns which were mostly patterned after more famous original models. Most of these copies were designed to undersell the competition at the time and while quality in most cases was quite good, consumer sales were not strong enough to continue production. While many Herters models are relatively rare, collectibility to date has been minimal. Herters model values are usually under the original trademarks from which they were derived and to date have been based more on the shooting utility than the collector potential.
Posted By: yosam Re: Herters 22lr revolver - 02/02/12
I think you will find that to be an Armenius revolver Made by Weirauch of Germany, I had one with the Herters logo, and one without, decent enough quality, they worked, but probably as said, value is mostly as a plinker/shooter
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Herters 22lr revolver - 02/03/12
Thanks for all the info guys, You've all been a great help!
© 24hourcampfire