Home
Mods feel free to move this...

I've dealt with a lot of good people on here and wouldn't hesitate to send an item first with past individuals or even take a check from them.

I sold a Case XX knife a while back to a forum member here who sent a check for $50. The check was returned a few days later for insufficient funds + a $12 charge to me by my bank. I contacted the member several times, spoke on the phone, and took him at his word. I understand hardship or even a mistake with banking, heck we are all human.

The check was cashed on 1/24, today is Feb. 17, and I still haven't received payment. His bank confirmed there was money in his account to cover the cost but they couldn't take any action.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt yet again but this is starting to sound like a deadbeat.

If you don't have the money to pay for an item, don't say that you will buy it, without first working something out with the seller or letting them know the full situation.

Sorry to Hear, Landman. I always look for the good in people. Hope the guy makes good for you.

NB
If you don't identify the deadbeat, why mention it at all? Don't get me wrong, as we're on your side here.... just air his ass out!
Request payment for what you're selling in the form of a MO. Pay for what you buy using a MO.

Pretty simple.
It is my assumption that you present the check again in a case like this. It should be paid uynless the issuer stops payment or the funds are insufficient.

Of course, you are gambling another 12 dollars.(I would look for another bank, BTW)

HM

You can present the check again for payment. $12 is the cheapest charge I've ever seen for a return check. Most charge $25. You could try to verify funds at his bank before depositing, but they probably won't tell you much.
comeon...lets hear his name...dang at least keep the rest of us from being cheated...
Easiest thing to do is only accept MO's or Cashiers Ck's, unless you know the member pretty well.

There are quite a few people I've taken personal ck's from because I've known them on the forum for years. Sometimes I even ship their stuff before the check arrives. Usually I never wait for those ck's to clear before shipping. It really isn't hard to know when you're dealing with someone whose word is their bond.

But with really expensive stuff and/or someone I don't know well, it's wisest to get a Postal Money Order/Cashiers Ck...

If you contact the DA in his home town, you'll get all your money plus fee's.
You stated you spoke to him on the phone before. Have you tried calling him again? Have you e-mailed him? Is he not replying to you?

If you are making the efforts to contact him and he is avoiding you, it is well past due that you call him out and let all of us know who this deadbeat is.

Of course you want to be fair, but there comes a time giving someone the benefit of the doubt has to stop.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Originally Posted by jlboykin
You can present the check again for payment. $12 is the cheapest charge I've ever seen for a return check. Most charge $25. You could try to verify funds at his bank before depositing, but they probably won't tell you much.

Most charge $25 to the writer of the check, not the person trying to cash it.
i have no problem with a check i just ask the buyer if its ok if i hold off till it clears, as a buyer on the other end of deals like that on the net im completely ok with it,,,,in the end hes happy and ill make a freind, nothing wrong with being cautious in the first steps with anyone!!!! if theyre sincere im sure they would be same way!! sorry ya got stung....... enough time has passed to move beyond the woops........ name em so others know!
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

Most charge $25 to the writer of the check, not the person trying to cash it.

That isn't correct.
So if someone writes me a check and I deposit it....and it bounces, my bank charges me?

That's bullshitz..
Yep -- in my case it was $12.

I've sent the guy another pm and will give him one more chance, if that doesn't work, I'll gladly post his name.

I even sent a copy of the bounced check back to him, and the bill for the $12.

We'll see what happens, his bank confirmed there was enough money to cover the cost in his account now but they can do nothing. He was charged a fee due to his bounced check, they did tell me that much.
Did you deposit it again?
If the check is drawn on a bank that you can walk into and cash do that instead of cashing it at your bank.
It has happened to me in the past, on both ends. Mistakes happen. I've always more than covered the other persons expense if my fault. Some of us have jointly held accounts.
If you take personal checks, you take a chance. That being said.....I've taken several personal checks for small items lately. Haven't had a problem and have shipped the same day as I received the check. If it's a large-ticket item and I take a personal check....I wait a week for it to clear and then send the item.

And yes.......the bank charges the depositor when a check is bad. My bank charges $10. But the bad check writer has it much worse as far as fees.
When I was 22, I deposited a personal check from a "friend" and then proceded to write about four checks in Louisville, KY at the Winn-Dixie, electric bill, gas station, etc. The "friends" check bounced, causing all of mine to bounce.

I made it right in 24 hours.

Almost a month is unexcusable.

Another option is to contact someone on campfire that lives in the same town. Someone you have confidence in, like 99% of the members. Send them the check and ask them to present the check at the same bank the check is drawn upon for cash. You will lose your $12, but if there is sufficient money in the account, you will get the amount of the check. If there is not enough money, then the person can hold it for another time. You can only send a check thru twice, but if you make sure the money is there, no problem. I have had to use this method sometimes with a bad renter. You can even call the bank (daily) to see if there is money before you go. They will not tell you how much money is there, but they will confirm the there is enough money to cover the amount of the check. The only weakness here is that the bank may charge the bank account in the time between your call and arriving at the bank an amount that brings the account lower than the amount of the check. I have even had clerks tell me that there is not enough money in the account today but be sure and check back tomorrow, which means for you to be at the door when the bank opens. I hate doing it this way. It does surprise the person writing the bad check! Let us know what happens.

Originally Posted by watch4bear
If you contact the DA in his home town, you'll get all your money plus fee's.

Most jurisdictions would consider this a civil matter.

If criminal, do you believe the prosecutors office would pay for the OP transportation, lodging and other expenses for at least two court hearings for a $50 case?

Internet deals on the net can be compared to the law of the wild west. You are mostly on your own and what law there is is hit and miss.
If your $50 check bounces you have no business buying a knife.

We need a bad guys sticky even if it is a rule to wait a month after deal before listing the guys name.A month is plenty of time, unless someone died then an apology can be issued.
Sorry to hear of your dilema. I recently sent a $400 part to a fellow in Sweden that I don't know who expressed an interest in it. Told him if he didn't like it to send it back. Sure enough, 7 days later received an email asking for my paypal address so he could pay for it.

Good luck on getting your money.
that's low. sorry to hear that. i just can't fathom it - if it were me, knowing my check had bounced....shameful. i'd make it right immediately. if it's been this long, you're not gonna hear back. a month is a whole billing statement. unacceptable. gonna agree here: it's been long enough. you should tell us who to avoid.

i'm glad some of us were raised to know this simple truth: your word is your bond. or for the newer set: "all i've got in this world is my word and my balls. and i don't break 'em for nobody."

good luck, hope you get some kind of response, but i doubt it sincerely.
I normally use checks here.
My line of work dictates I'm rarely in town dur
ing business hours,but I always make sure the seller knows I fully expect them to take as long for clearance as they are comfortable with before sending my item.
In this day,and age of identity theft it's only fair to the seller to get his money first,you just never know.
Mike
I am not an attorney, nor an LEO. However, at one point in time, I was under the impression that use of the internet and/or U.S. Mail to defraud someone of money or property across state boundaries was a Federal offense ? Wire fraud per 18 USC 1343 ? Mail Fraud per 18 USC 1341 ?

Originally Posted by Orion2000
I am not an attorney, nor an LEO. However, at one point in time, I was under the impression that use of the internet and/or U.S. Mail to defraud someone of money or property across state boundaries was a Federal offense ? Wire fraud per 18 USC 1343 ? Mail Fraud per 18 USC 1341 ?
I'm under the impression that anyone who believes that bullshit has been watching too much television and believes in too many of the fairy tales that get posted on these internet message boards.
Landman,

If he were trustworthy he would have squared up by now.

I would post his name so others will know not to deal with him.

MS
I have no problem accepting a personal check for payment.I would also have no problem Posting someones name who stiffed me.
I would stay in touch with him or her and see if they make it right. You tell him you will make his name public if he doesn't live up to the bargain you two made. I have never understood what makes a person want to be a Thief.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Technically, maybe.

But over $50? Don't hold your breath on getting them to jump on that one.
Technically, it's mail fraud. I hate it when this happens. I have sent a lot of personal checks to folks and received them as well, but I always make it a point to make sure they clear, and I let those who receive mine do the same.
What boggles my mind is that this sort of forum is a somewhat closed community, and all you really have to show for yourself is your reputation among your peers. $50 seems a pretty cheap price for one's integrity.

Just my 2 cents.
Originally Posted by Balkandom
Technically, it's mail fraud.
The difference between your post and a fairy tale is a fairy tale starts out "Once upon a time..." Mail fraud my f*cking ass. No U.S. Attorney's office or any other law enforcement agency for that matter is going to devote a minute even thinking about this. Please don't post BULLSHIT. Thanks.
I recently had the same issue arise. I waited 10 days for the check to clear before shipping. It was more than 3 weeks later when the check bounced. Who was it?

It's a cost of doing business. Post his name so others don't get stung.
Hey Brick, sorry I somehow managed to offend you. I was looking at the letter of the law, not what actually happens, attorneys do that sort of thing. As I stated in my post, reputation means more than anything else in a place like this, the worst punishment would be publishing the individual's name. If you have a problem with me, please bring it up in a private setting, I would be more than happy to speak with you.

Mike
Hey Brick, sorry I somehow managed to offend you. I was looking at the letter of the law, not what actually happens, attorneys do that sort of thing. As I stated in my post, reputation means more than anything else in a place like this, the worst punishment would be publishing the individual's name. If you have a problem with me, please bring it up in a private setting, I would be more than happy to speak with you.Mike

Good luck with that.
Hey Brick, sorry I somehow managed to offend you. I was looking at the letter of the law, not what actually happens, attorneys do that sort of thing. As I stated in my post, reputation means more than anything else in a place like this, the worst punishment would be publishing the individual's name. If you have a problem with me, please bring it up in a private setting, I would be more than happy to speak with you.

Mike
Naw, we can "speak" right here, right now. You post BULLSHIT, you get called on BULLSHIT. It's a simple concept. This f*cking ongoing fairy tale of "IT'S MAIL FRAUD" and "CALL THE COPS" is getting f*cking tired. Because as I understand these little BULLSHIT fairy tales -- and rest assured, they most certainly are BULLSHIT -- there is really no such thing as a "bad" deal or "hot check," is there? Why, according to the little roundheads who keep shouting and banging away at their keyboards, the cops and prosecutors are just standing by as we read this BULLSHIT, ready to jump up and kick in someone's door and collect your f*cking debt. Isn't that about right?

I mean, you have a legally-binding contract stating terms and responsibilities of the buyer, seller, and other interested parties, correct? And the "authorities" are there to do your bidding and mediate your civil dispute, right? A simple phone call or email will result in an IMMEDIATE arrest warrant, some "tac" team kicking in someone's door, shoving some dude's head in the [bleep] (a la "The Big Lebowski") and shouting "WHERE'S THE MONEY, [bleep]*CKER???!!!!" And then pissing on the rug.

What a load of BULLSHIT.
Fencing with a quadraplegic.

Have a good one Bricktop.
Fencing with a quadraplegic.

Have a good one Bricktop.

LMAO and so true.
Hate to break it to you brick, but that is a crime called theft by check, at least here in texas..
Our local county attorney would take the case.
I dont know all the particulars here, but it could be an option to entice the dead beat to pay.
And yes, i was an officer here for 10 years.
Local politicians like the county attorneys office love to keep constituents happy.
Originally Posted by venado_hunter
Hate to break it to you brick, but that is a crime called theft by check, at least here in texas..
I dont know all the particulars here, but it could be an option to entice the dead beat to pay.
Local politicians like the county attorneys office love to keep constituents happy.
Hate to break it to you, dickhead, but you've got your head buried so far up your ass that the smell from this morning's breakfast is clouding your "judgment."

No, your "local county attorney" wouldn't take the case and I'm going to ask your dumb, fairy tale believing ass to show proof otherwise.

Couldn't give a f*ck less if you were "an officer here for 10 years" in Bumblef*ck, Nowhere. It's a shame you never gained a grasp on any sort of reality in those wasted ten years.
What a douche.
But guess the best part of you ran down the crack of yo mammas *ss.
Da** Waterhead
What a douche.
But guess the best part of you ran down the crack of yo mammas *ss.
Da** Waterhead
Do you have any proof of a county attorney taking on one of these cases? Names? Dates? Places? You were pretty f*cking confident a little while ago.

Hell, as I understand from this little gem of a post:

All I gotta do is remind some pogue prosectuor he's in the business of making ME happy, right? That's all it really takes.

I think we have a definition of who the douche is, don't we? (HINT: it's you, dumbass.)
Well you've gone and done it too and you will get it back at you brother.

The OP has had ample opportunity to expose the fraud and he has chosen not to. That's his choice and is respected in this quarter.

Look guys, there is nothing for sale in this "Free Classifieds" post and it does not deserve to be continued.

Let's give it up.

Does anyone have anything they would like to offer the members of this forum for sale?

If so, put it in a new post.

I'm also in TX and do work in banking. Our local DA prosecutes hot check writers all the time. We go through the legal filings daily and the list sometimes is well over 100 names. Depends on where you are and how pissed the prosecutor is about life in general.
I'm also in TX and do work in banking. Our local DA prosecutes hot check writers all the time. We go through the legal filings daily and the list sometimes is well over 100 names. Depends on where you are and how pissed the prosecutor is about life in general.
This one isn't going to be prosecuted. Period. It doesn't matter how much anyone attempts to insult, it doesn't matter how loud you shout at your monitor, it doesn't matter what kind of bullshit claims you make, it's not going to be prosecuted. Not in Texas, not anywhere. That's reality.
God Bless Texas!

Do you have anything for sale?
I agree with bricktop on this one
I have no idea where the OP or the moron that stiffed him are located. I wouldn't put out the effort to try and get it out of him if it happened to me.

But if someone did it to me here, I have no doubts I could get the DA to prosecute, if I thought it was necessary.
either post the guys name or post something for sale here, if not drop this thread and lets get on with life
But if someone did it to me here, I have no doubts I could get the DA to prosecute, if I thought it was necessary.
We all have dreams and hopes. Some are wetter than others.
Originally Posted by Bricktop

Nothing like being in the know.
Nothing like being in the know.
According to at least one other person who chose to show his ass and his stupidity in this thread, these local prosecutors are here to make their constituents happy, are they not? And you stated that this case would be prosecuted in TexASS, would it not?

So if all these pogue prosecutors are busy making their constituents happy and all of these bad check writers are being prosecuted, then why in the hell is this "crime" still happening? Must not be much fear, huh? Just a bunch of badass, fearless paperhangers.

Lesson in reality, no charge. You're welcome.
http://www.co.midland.tx.us/directory/location/detail.asp?department=11

On Tuesday, you can call any of the three legal secretaries devoted to hot checks and discuss how things are handled here. That way, the next time you try to tell me how things are handled where I'm at, you'll actually know.
http://www.co.midland.tx.us/directory/location/detail.asp?department=11

On Tuesday, you can call any of the three legal secretaries devoted to hot checks and discuss how things are handled here. That way, the next time you try to tell me how things are handled where I'm at, you'll actually know.
I don't need to discuss a f*cking thing. Anybody can talk a line of trash. Show me some PROOF. Prosecutions are a matter of public record. I want to see some names, dates, places, etc. of someone recently -- I don't want to see any cases dated to 1910 -- of someone prosecuted for a $50 bad check as part of a business deal.

You can't and won't show PROOF, because it doesn't exist. (Giving me a link to a directory of telephone numbers don't prove [bleep].)

That's more REALITY.
http://www.co.midland.tx.us/da/hotcheckwarrants/list/?lname=af

Here are the current list of hot check warrants in midland county. This is only A-F, but I'm sure you can figure out how to find the rest.
We prosecute worthless checks in NC just ask these people:

http://www.ashevillemugshots.com/charge/simple-worthless-check
http://www.co.midland.tx.us/da/hotcheckwarrants/list/?lname=af

Here are the current list of hot check warrants in midland county. This is only A-F, but I'm sure you can figure out how to find the rest.
And I'm going to ask you -- AGAIN -- if all these pogue prosecutors are busy making their constituents happy and all of these bad check writers are being prosecuted, then why in the hell is this "crime" still happening? Must not be much fear, huh?

I see those lists of "warrants" here, too, but I have yet to see anyone get arrested. Unless they're also operating a meth lab. No fear. No teeth.

And I'm still not seeing any court records.
Originally Posted by DaddyRat

This is you, huh?

[Linked Image]
Bricktop, I did not know you ever came to NC.......

http://www.ashevillemugshots.com/mug/harold-brack

My hair looks a little bleached.
We have a very aggressive prosecutor. I have no idea what happens in Oklahoma.

Your argument is flawed. We all know that there are there still people dealing drugs, stealing cars or killing other. These happen all the time. We execute more people in Texas than any other state and it still doesn't stop them from happening. Fear of prosecution doesn't stop individuals from committing crimes.

My hair looks a little bleached.

and you got to quit the drinking...LOL

just funnin'

This is you, huh?

[Linked Image]

Nope, but I do know several on that page.
We have a very aggressive prosecutor.
Sure you do.

Your argument is flawed. We all know that there are there still people dealing drugs, stealing cars or killing other. These happen all the time. We execute more people in Texas than any other state and it still doesn't stop them from happening. Fear of prosecution doesn't stop individuals from comitting crimes.
I have no argument, just a simple statement of fact. There's not much to fear from writing a bad check for a small amount. And definitely not for an internet deal.

Risk vs. reward. Beaucoup money in drugs and stolen property, hence the continuing problem. Sometimes for killing, too.
I have no argument, just a simple statement of fact. There's not much to fear from writing a bad check for a small amount. And definitely not for an internet deal.

Risk vs. reward.

You're exactly right. Nothing is going to happen to this guy. It wouldn't be worth the effort or time. I never said THIS individual would be prosecuted. My point was and is still the same, if it happened locally, my local DA would prosecute.
We execute more people in Texas than any other state and it still doesn't stop them from happening.

For bad checks?? shocked

Damn, Texas is TOUGH!! eek

Just kidding guys, trying to inject some humor and break up your little ongoing scuff. Time for everybody to take a breath and give it a rest....
If you're out writing hot checks, you're not smart enough to make $$ in drugs or murder.
No worries on my side, I think bricktop is the cat's pajamas.
They don't bother with bad checks in my county either, unless you know somebody. They are not going to waste their time for a couple of hundred bucks, and send the sheriff out to put a lean on their TV because thats all they have in their name. My brother got burned for three grand. DA said sue them, there is no teeth in civil but thats the way it is.
Dang what state are yall in where there are no bad check prosecutions? Our bad check unit is busy as hell. Most offenders enter pretrial intervention programs that allow them to pay the check off without getting a felony conviction. If they bust out of PTI they are treated just like any other thief. I have seen more than one in hand cuffs and an orange jumpsuit headed to a restitution centers or prison. Now, I am not talking about a 50 dollar check written by someone out of state. I am only referring to felony amounts of 250 plus presented in this jurisdiction. But collecting money and fees on bad checks is big business for our local DAs office.
The bank I deal with electronically transfers the money from The Bank the check was drawn on right now.If the moneys not there they tell you right now.There is no waiting to see if the check cleared.I live in a small town and our bank has been doing this for at least 4 years.That is why to me a personal check is as good as a money order.
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Dang what state are yall in where there are no bad check prosecutions? Our bad check unit is busy as hell. Most offenders enter pretrial intervention programs that allow them to pay the check off without getting a felony conviction. If they bust out of PTI they are treated just like any other thief. I have seen more than one in hand cuffs and an orange jumpsuit headed to a restitution centers or prison. Now, I am not talking about a 50 dollar check written by someone out of state. I am only referring to felony amounts of 250 plus presented in this jurisdiction. But collecting money and fees on bad checks is big business for our local DAs office.
Horseshit. Think up a better story.
In NH....

It's a bad check case, end of discussion. It's a crime, end of discussion (Misd. vs. Felony based on amount). It would rate follow-up and a warrant if the victim did what was required of him. Even at the felony level, extradition isn't going to happen. There would be a warrant waiting in the system, though...

George
Hate to break it to you, dickhead, but you've got your head buried so far up your ass that the smell from this morning's breakfast is clouding your "judgment."

No, your "local county attorney" wouldn't take the case and I'm going to ask your dumb, fairy tale believing ass to show proof otherwise.

Couldn't give a f*ck less if you were "an officer here for 10 years" in Bumblef*ck, Nowhere. It's a shame you never gained a grasp on any sort of reality in those wasted ten years.

Hey Brick, aren't you about due for a rabies test?
Glad I BT on the ignore list, what a clown

Eddybo's a lawyer, he didn't just make that up dumbazz.
Not sure what you could do on this bad check thing that would be worth the $50 you lost. By the time you go through with anything you bet your ass it will take more than 50 bucks.

I bet if you just would have got up with the guy before you bashed his name it might have all worked out. The second you post something like this up on here , you get people who jump in and slam the guy with out even knowing the whole deal. Makes it really hard for him to give a rats ass at this point. I'm just saying

I used to have to defend the dumbazzes as assistant PD. You know some stuff about gun laws, hell I have PMd for info, but it is apparent your talking out your ass on this subject. If people could not get their bad checks reconciled by force of criminal prosecution no one would accept checks. The DA's office gets a major part of its budget from the bad check unit.
Originally Posted by ddurst
Eddybo's a lawyer, he didn't just make that up dumbazz.
Oh, so he's a professional liar. Dumbass.
I used to have to defend the dumbazzes as assistant PD. You know some stuff about gun laws, hell I have PMd for info, but it is apparent your talking out your ass on this subject. If people could not get their bad checks reconciled by force of criminal prosecution no one would accept checks. The DA's office gets a major part of its budget from the bad check unit.
All I'm seeing is "Once upon a time....."

What a load of HORSESHIT.
All I'm seeing is "Once upon a time....."

What a load of HORSESHIT.

Tell us about your vast experience with felonious bad checks in MS. All I can tell you is do not be surprised by an indictment if you write a 250+ dollar bad check in MS. If you have any reading comprehension you will notice I asked a question as to the locale of states that do not criminally enforce bad checks never stated an opinion as to the 50$ bad check the OP received.
Take a look at 97-19-55 through 97-19-69 and 97-19-75 and 97-19-79, you do not have to take my word for it. In MS writing hot checks is against the law and strictly enforced in at least the 14th judicial district, no horseschit. My best buddy from law school is an assistant DA here PM me a number I will have him give you a call and explain it to you.
get the popcorn out this should get good soon
The member in question was "tran"

I've spoken with him twice on the phone about this matter. Sent numerous messages. I'll gladly apologize if I'm wrong but it's been nearly a month without payment.

I finally talked my bank into reversing the $12 check fee they charged me. They sent me another copy of the check for $5 and I confirmed with his bank that there was enough money in his account to cover the check. (I sent the first copy back to him when I found out it was bad at his request and his word that he would send another form of payment, due to overdrawing on his account because of a car repair bill)

I deposited the check at my bank's atm yesterday, hopefully it clears. If not I reckon I'll just have to eat $50 or get $50 worth of satisfaction sending the bounced check and information to his boss,DA, anyone else I can think of in Norman, OK.
In MS writing hot checks is against the law and strictly enforced in at least the 14th judicial district, no horseschit.
Jaywalking and mattress tag removal is also "agin da law," Clarence Darrow. And your point is what?

My best buddy from law school is an assistant DA here PM me a number I will have him give you a call and explain it to you.
Colleges give law degrees away like Halloween candy. My wife's idiot sister got one and she can barely read and write. What's your barroom pal going to do? Invite me to Mardis Gras so I can get one with some beads?
My point is they will lock your ass up in MS, and you apparently do not know WTF your talking about.
How do you ignore a person so you don't see their posts? Someone please PM me if it is possible. I come here for education, enlightenment, and to be in a community of my peers. I have a LOT of friends in real life that I'm not crazy about, but some folks in this thread need to learn some manners or get drowned in the river, not mentioning any names.
Just click on their user name and look around. It'll say ignore.
Is this a bad time to ask how to ship a holster? I don't want to break any laws and someone said there was somebody in the classifieds who'd know. smile
Originally Posted by AkMike1
Just click on their user name and look around. It'll say ignore.

Then select "View profile"

Then select
"Ignore this user"

Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Is this a bad time to ask how to ship a holster? I don't want to break any laws and someone said there was somebody in the classifieds who'd know. smile

You do have a H & R license?

"Holster and Relic" wink
Ok, Tran is now on ignore.
Wow, How did this bad check turn into a Pissin match? One day a week there is a public eye crime column in the local newspaper, and 1 of the sub categories is check deception. I've seen people listed in there for writing a bad check at the local pizza joint. It also gives the fines and court costs, so I would guess thats how the prosecuter in my small town keeps busy with parking tickets, Intoxications and check deception.

I purchased a gun recently from out of state and was surprised when the gentleman told me to just send a check. I have a taken a couple checks from people here for smaller items and had no problems, I usually judge my own deals by the time they have been a member and the number of posts.
I've got an H&R Topper that's a relic...sounds like I'm good to go! Thanks! cool
Originally Posted by witdog2020
Wow, How did this bad check turn into a Pissin match? One day a week there is a public eye crime column in the local newspaper, and 1 of the sub categories is check deception. I've seen people listed in there for writing a bad check at the local pizza joint. It also gives the fines and court costs, so I would guess thats how the prosecuter in my small town keeps busy with parking tickets, Intoxications and check deception.

I purchased a gun recently from out of state and was surprised when the gentleman told me to just send a check. I have a taken a couple checks from people here for smaller items and had no problems, I usually judge my own deals by the time they have been a member and the number of posts.

A bad check on a firearm is a Felony.
Hmmmmmm - sales engineer w/38 posts. WTF is a "sales engineer" - PC for a scam artist? Or is this a legitimate profession?
Mark
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Hmmmmmm - sales engineer w/38 posts. WTF is a "sales engineer" - PC for a scam artist? Or is this a legitimate profession?
Mark

And all but one of them in the Classifieds section!
Imagine that.

Usually these disputes involve two people who do nothing but use the classifieds.
Landman doesn't fit that mold as he contributes all over the site but Tran fits the mold to a T.

Landman, I think you handled this as well as it could be.
My apologies to tran, payment arrived this morning.
Better late than never - and stuff DOES happen. Thanks for posting the results. Good to know.
Mark
What was the postmark date If I may ask?
Originally Posted by LANDMAN4389
My apologies to tran, payment arrived this morning.

I would think my "thanks" to tran would be sufficient. Don't see where you have anything to apologize for.
Having read most of these posts I don't think Tran deserves an apology at all, you should have received one from him.
Thank God this one is over!!!
But....is it?

Apology ??; More like a hedge until actual payment is not reversable. I wouldn't trust him if he put up his first born as collateral
Originally Posted by Tom264
But....is it?
It's over when I say it's over!!!!!! And right now I gotta lotta problems with you people!!!

And I can never visit any of my family in Mississippi again either!!! Because I think EddyBo is going to bring their portable electric chair out of retirement if I do.
Don't worry brickie, tomorrows another day and your work will never be complete around here...........

As the 'fire turns.......
This kerfuffle tells me two things:

1)Jury is out on Tran and he has work to do but I'm thinking he will prove to be reliable.

2)LANDMAN#### is a gentleman and has displayed remarkable "grace under pressure". Can't ask for more.

Wiser, more experienced members may be able to discern more from this little exercise...
Originally Posted by Tom264
But....is it?
It's over when I say it's over!!!!!! And right now I gotta lotta problems with you people!!!

And I can never visit any of my family in Mississippi again either!!! Because I think EddyBo is going to bring their portable electric chair out of retirement if I do.

B' Top... working his own. cool cool

Man has an unconventional Street Sweeper.

BE... ware.

Sporting it in the dark alleys, lonely railroad towns, and miscellaneous 24 HR Campfire threads with his usual reckless abandon...

LONG LIVE THE SPIKED AFRO, BRO ! !
My point is they will lock your ass up in MS, and you apparently do not know WTF your talking about.

You might get out as soon as you make enough to pay the restitution to the state and to the individual you wrote the bad check to, but in MS you wont be eating mommas chicken till you pick up enough garbage to settle the debt. And Eddy Bo it aint just in the 14th judicial district. The saying in MS is come on vacation, leave on probation.
Originally Posted by msuhunter
You might get out as soon as you make enough to pay the restitution to the state and to the individual you wrote the bad check to, but in MS you wont be eating mommas chicken till you pick up enough garbage to settle the debt. And Eddy Bo it aint just in the 14th judicial district. The saying in MS is come on vacation, leave on probation.
You talk a good line of trash, but I ain't buying into any massive effort to hunt down and exterminate paperhangers. Most wind up with a scarlet letter on a list until they get busted for cooking meth, just like everywhere else.
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
yeeeeaaahhhhhhhh bbbbbbooooyyyyyyyy !!!!!!
Originally Posted by msuhunter
You talk a good line of trash, but I ain't buying into any massive effort to hunt down and exterminate paperhangers. Most wind up with a scarlet letter on a list until they get busted for cooking meth, just like everywhere else.

I used to read your posts and laugh along but you are way off base on this one. Either admit you are wrong or leave it be. Your credibility is diminishing with every post on this one Bricktop.
Let me say I made a mistake. I wrote a large check and did not move the money from saving to cover it a few check got caught. I am a man of my word and I made it right.

I feel like a dumb ass!

Troy
Originally Posted by tran
Let me say I made a mistake. I wrote a large check and did not move the money from saving to cover it a few check got caught. I am a man of my word and I made it right.

I feel like a dumb ass!

Troy

All could have been avoided by keeping in communication with the OP, (Original poster).

Everyone makes mistakes, had you told the OP what happened, all of this would have been handled between the two of you.

Lesson learned.
I can say for an absolute fact it is prosecuted in my county because I'm the Probation Officer who gets the case to supervise!

NH9 summed it up, it's either a felony or misdemeanor based on amount and here it matters whether or not it was simply "insufficient funds" or "written on closed account"

Mike

Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
I can say for an absolute fact it is prosecuted in my county because I'm the Probation Officer who gets the case to supervise!

NH9 summed it up, it's either a felony or misdemeanor based on amount and here it matters whether or not it was simply "insufficient funds" or "written on closed account"

Mike

Seriously, you're getting insufficient fund or written on closed account cases on probation? We're turning away pretty much any misdemeanors other than assaults and sex offenses.
BOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLSHEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIT.

The f*cking "we're gonna git tough" horseshit f*cking stories people tell. Provide some proof, sport, that these lone -- not the ones where someone was busted for cooking meth and, oh, they had a hot check warrant, too -- petty larceny hot check cases are actually prosecuted. Prosecutions are a matter of public record, so you should have no problem ponying up with some facts.
Hey Trans send me all your bank account info and I will monitor your accounts for a few months to insure that you are keeping your business straight...You Welcome...I am all always willing to help out...
I thought I did explain what had happened. Oh, well it's fixed now...
[Linked Image]
[/quote]You talk a good line of trash, but I ain't buying into any massive effort to hunt down and exterminate paperhangers. Most wind up with a scarlet letter on a list until they get busted for cooking meth, just like everywhere else. [/quote]

Internet badass....what a [bleep].
Re: Bad check prosecutions.
Is it possible that the way they're handled and to what extent is a matter of how each state chooses to deal with it. Last I remember each state got to make up their own rules that weren't specifically given to the federal government. Of course, I think we fought a war over that one. As a matter of fact, the war goes on.

The f*cking "we're gonna git tough" horseshit f*cking stories people tell. Provide some proof, sport, that these lone -- not the ones where someone was busted for cooking meth and, oh, they had a hot check warrant, too -- petty larceny hot check cases are actually prosecuted. Prosecutions are a matter of public record, so you should have no problem ponying up with some facts.

You Sir are off balance!

Maybe in whatever la la land you live in that sounds absurd, but in West Georgia it is not!

Mike
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Mike

Seriously, you're getting insufficient fund or written on closed account cases on probation? We're turning away pretty much any misdemeanors other than assaults and sex offenses.

Why? County broke? No will to prosecute? Jail full?

I don't understand. We get tons of traffic cases, Misdemeanor assaults, Misdemeanor drugs and alcohol offenses.

Mike
Bricktop since you are the expert and since we don't prosecute cases and I don't get them on Probation I haven't seen thousands of these Bad Check Citation/Warrant applications signed by the Judge and sentenced to Probation for 12 months per offense. I am sure all of those people over the last 9 years appreciate you pardoning them and all. [Linked Image]

You Sir are off balance!

Maybe in whatever la la land you live in that sounds absurd, but in West Georgia it is not!

Mike
Not off balance, just grounded in reality. Which you are not.
Bricktop since you are the expert and since we don't prosecute cases and I don't get them on Probation I haven't seen thousands of these Bad Check Citation/Warrant applications signed by the Judge and sentenced to Probation for 12 months per offense. I am sure all of those people over the last 9 years appreciate you pardoning them and all. [Linked Image]
Wow. You can post a photo of trivial bullshit. Color me the f*ck impressed.

Again, show me some PROOF, intangible f*cking PROOF, of someone being actively pursued, prosecuted, and arrested for a sub-$1500 bad check and for that check alone. You won't and can't because your fairy tale imagination ain't gonna carry your ass that far.
All of you take a Breath and relax... It is over with I made a mistake and it is fixed now. There are a couple of comments that I would love to be said to my face but, I did mess up. So it is all on me all on me point!
Tran,
It's no longer about you. It is another of the frequent pissing matches that Bricktop involves himself in. There's no stopping him. But "ignore" can work.
Jerry/AK
Originally Posted by Jerry/AK
Tran,
It's no longer about you. It is another of the frequent pissing matches that Bricktop involves himself in. There's no stopping him. But "ignore" can work.
Jerry/AK
Nobody likes a whiner. Whiner.

Again, show me some PROOF, intangible f*cking PROOF, of someone being actively pursued, prosecuted, and arrested for a sub-$1500 bad check and for that check alone. You won't and can't because your fairy tale imagination ain't gonna carry your ass that far.

I think we all know who is living a fairy tale, I'm certainly not going to post a copy of a sentence with someones personal information all over it! Quite frankly I've already expended more energy feeding a troll then I should have...You are obviously ignorant of the law outside of your locale.

Mike
Originally Posted by tran
All of you take a Breath and relax... It is over with I made a mistake and it is fixed now. There are a couple of comments that I would love to be said to my face but, I did mess up. So it is all on me all on me point!

tran is good to go, and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. I should have given him more time to make things right and taken him at his word. Accidents happen and the mail runs slow. I've sent him an apology, lets drop it.

Any other arguments shouldn't include tran or myself.

I think we all know who is living a fairy tale, I'm certainly not going to post a copy of a sentence with someones personal information all over it! Quite frankly I've already expended more energy feeding a troll then I should have...You are obviously ignorant of the law outside of your locale.

Mike
You are obviously just f*cking ignorant. I believe I asked you to show some PROOF, intangible f*cking PROOF, of someone being actively pursued, prosecuted, and arrested for a sub-$1500 bad check and for that check alone, did I not? Are you just that f*cking ignorant that that went over your head? Are you just that f*cking dense?

As I told you in my PM reply to you -- yes, this f*cker is just that obsessed that he decided to send me a f*cking string of PMs -- I'm not asking about the people who wrote several thousands of dollars in bad checks, people who were busted for drugs and a bad check, people who were trafficking in sex and also had a bad check, etc. I want you to show me ONE person -- JUST ONE -- who was prosecuted for a sub-$1500 bad check.

Don't waste my time with this ignorant BULLSHIT otherwise. Savvy?
I can see that we have at least two gentlemen here.
I should have given him more time to make things right and taken him at his word. Accidents happen and the mail runs slow.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Mike

Why? County broke? No will to prosecute? Jail full?

I don't understand. We get tons of traffic cases, Misdemeanor assaults, Misdemeanor drugs and alcohol offenses.

Mike

Because caseloads are in the 100's with felonies and simply don't have the time and/or resources to deal with petty misdemeanors. The jail is kicking misdemeanors (assaults, DUI's, sex offenses) loose quick enough they're home before I'm back to the office.
Let me restate what I said; at least two more gentlemen to add to the list of fine folks I've dealt with here.
ROR, it's only a matter of time until everyone gets the "bricktop treatment". All you need to do is look at the content and language and you realize he is a savage and no more a Negro than
JOC. He has a big day coming up on 6/1/2012, we're betting he gets quiet after that.

Business 101 would tell us not to ship until the check has cleared. As you have seen, there are even a few people here you would not wish to invite home to dinner.

88 days and counting.......
Thanks for stepping up. If we cross paths, you're good with me.
Word is your bond here. Good enough for me. Hope others respect that.
87 days and counting........
Originally Posted by interthem
ROR, it's only a matter of time until everyone gets the "bricktop treatment". All you need to do is look at the content and language and you realize he is a savage and no more a Negro than
JOC. He has a big day coming up on 6/1/2012, we're betting he gets quiet after that.

Business 101 would tell us not to ship until the check has cleared. As you have seen, there are even a few people here you would not wish to invite home to dinner.

88 days and counting.......

Thanks Interthem!

I'm familiar with Bricktops drivel from reading other threads with the same ignorant behavior! I've thought about challenging him to a put up or shut up challenge but I doubt a person of such low class would live up to his end of the deal so decided against it for now.

Mike

I did a deal with Bricktop. It went down perfect, I paid and he sent exactly what I ordered. No problem.

Then, later on another topic, I beleive it was about keeping careful, accurate, and complete records on my hand-loading endeavors I received a ration of crap from the Brick.

That was enough for me. I will have no more truck with the moron. I don't care if he is selling pre-64 NIB Model 70's for $200.00 I won't do further business with the POS
© 24hourcampfire