Home
Sauer 202 Varminter 22-250 Made In Germany 24 in match grade fluted bull barrel,matte black finish,adj cheeckpiece on checkered Turkish high grade walnut stock. This is a very rare piece only imported for a few years last msr was $3400 this one is like new would rate 95-99% very low round count. Im asking $2900.00 without scope or with Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 $3600 shipped to your ffl. May consider trades but looking to sell out right.

Attached picture IMG_0085.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0086.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0087.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0088.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0089.JPG
pencil needs sharpened......
If anyone is looking for this one, now with no reserve:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=282760619
Thanks for pointing that out somehow computer based error. Im in the process of getting listing on gunbroker updated not intended for a no reserve auction gun will not sell for less than $2900.00.

not to try and start anyting but didnt you buy this gun a month or so ago from a guy in iowa for 1500 and also if it is the same gun u didnt mention the dent in the fore arm in on the front left side if your looking at it from behind. kinda important if your selling that expensive of gun and trying to double your money
Originally Posted by matt_allen
not to try and start anyting but didnt you buy this gun a month or so ago from a guy in iowa for 1500 and also if it is the same gun u didnt mention the dent in the fore arm in on the front left side if your looking at it from behind. kinda important if your selling that expensive of gun and trying to double your money

You mean this thread?

Same Gun?

Might be the same gun?

I guess he could be a dealer though - 99% of his posts (over 250 posts since the end of FEB) are in the classifieds.
BUYERS BEWARE, I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH ANY OTHER TRANSACTIONS ON THIS FORUM AND A BUNCH OF THE MEMBERS WOULD VOUCH FOR ME THROUGH MY MANY TRANSACTIONS, having said that buyers beware of hunthard. he sold me a 348 that although it was a nice gun, it was no where near the 98% blue he stated with a scratch or 2. when i asked him to refund my money he said he would not refund his shipping or mine to return it, which was going to cost me $100 total. also, i offered him $950, he said he would do $1000 shipped but would include a set of dies. when he shipped the rifle he stated he did not have the dies, which is the reason i paid the extra $50. he told me i was never going to be happy and to send the rifle back, but he wanted me to eat all the shipping although he was the one who incorrectly described the rifle.....and not by a little, by a lot. i kept the rifle and took a hit in a trade however still have my conscience because i described it correctly. he is a turd, buyers beware!!
yea that gun i no the guy that had it and sold it to a guy in alaska i just didnt want anyone to buy it and not see the dent smirk
On the Gunbroker link it looks like it has the same dent, although he didn't take a close up of it. I'm sure he's splitting his profits with the guy in IA who graciously sold it to him here for $1500... sick
Another one bites the dust....
that sucks. people are so smart these days
This kind of bullschit just rubs me the wrong way!
Originally Posted by huntsonora
This kind of bullschit just rubs me the wrong way!

Same here. Taking advantage of the original seller and the potential buyer.
Pm you on a trade.
Thanks
Traded....303 savage I offered you a refund minus shipping as I felt I described gun to my best ability. And if you buy a gun its your to do with what you want. Im retired military served my country and dont like my integrity questioned.For all that are 3rd parties please dont believe all you read.If you have a comment call me and we can talk about it like men (907)460-0050

Thanks Gentlemen.....
If you don't want your integrity questioned, then don't buy guns here and then try and resell them here a month later at double the price. It's just a gentlemanly thing to do on the fire to pass along the savings to the next buyer if you choose to sell it here.

I SERVED MY COUNTRY AS WELL US ARMY, 62G, FORT JACKSON SOUTH CAROLINA FOR BASICS, LEONARDWOOD MO FOR AIT. I AM NOT QUESTIONING YOUR INTEGRITY, I DID ENOUGH BUSINESS WITH YOU TO KNOW YOUR INTEGRITY SUCKS.
Well fellas I have watched this unfold and decided to seat out of it. It was my rifle and I did sell it to hunthard for 1500 bucks shipped. Deal went smoothly and the money was good. I thought I had offered a fair price and described it perfectly. When I saw this add it kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. Well I hope the new owner enjoys it as I did and I want to thank you fellow members for being stand out guys. Its what makes this a great place. Always looking out for one another
Originally Posted by hunthard
Sauer 202 Varminter 22-250 Made In Germany 24 in match grade fluted bull barrel,matte black finish,adj cheeckpiece on checkered Turkish high grade walnut stock. This is a very rare piece only imported for a few years last msr was $3400 this one is like new would rate 95-99% very low round count. Im asking $2900.00 without scope or with Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 $3600 shipped to your ffl. May consider trades but looking to sell out right.

Traded....303 savage I offered you a refund minus shipping as I felt I described gun to my best ability. And if you buy a gun its your to do with what you want. Im retired military served my country and dont like my integrity questioned.For all that are 3rd parties please dont believe all you read.If you have a comment call me and we can talk about it like men (907)460-0050

Thanks Gentlemen.....

You say that you described the gun "to my best ability" yet didn't mention a ding in the gun that the ORIGINAL seller had described in his ORIGINAL post here on 24HCF and I'm sure you capitalized on by buying an expensive gun so cheap.

Forgive us all for looking at this and being a little disgusted that you failed to mention it and are trying to double your money on a gun that has imperfections that you absolutely know about yet failed to mention. I'm sorry but this makes you look like an ass

Now then, if there is a valid reason as to why you are selling this gun at double what you bought it for please enlighten us. I'm sure you can understand why this just looks bad

Also, I know guys that were in the military that were some of the biggest A-holes I've ever known in my life. I appreciate the fact that they served and will feel indebted to them forever for their service but they are still A-holes. Playing the military card doesn't always work

Originally Posted by Varmint_Master
Well fellas I have watched this unfold and decided to seat out of it. It was my rifle and I did sell it to hunthard for 1500 bucks shipped. Deal went smoothly and the money was good. I thought I had offered a fair price and described it perfectly. When I saw this add it kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. Well I hope the new owner enjoys it as I did and I want to thank you fellow members for being stand out guys. Its what makes this a great place. Always looking out for one another

Yep, that was chickenchit stunt he's just pulled here. Looking forward to hearing an explanation
Part of what makes this site work is it is not about profit.

I don't buy stuff and use this site to purposefully make a profit.

Just as Larry Root said after buying a 200th year of Liberty Ruger No. 3 from me at a reasonable price, and then listing it on GunBroker for more than double, "It's a free country, etc."

That is fine, it is a free country, but this site is also about friends around a campfire, buying and selling not necessarily to OPTIMIZE their profit.
When I sell any firearms to my brothers, sons, nephews, hunting buddies, etc. I make damn certain I make no profit. I do this as a hobby, not as a profession.

Thus it is annoying to see blatant profiteering amongst "friends."

Call me naive, but I believe this is part of the reason why the crew of regulars on 24-hour tend to get their feathers ruffled by such acts.
A clue to this seller is that all but 2 of his posts are in the free classifieds.....no class

Thanks Gentlemen.....

It would appear that you would have to have integrity for it to be questioned......bad form all the way around.

Thanks Gentlemen.....

The douche detector is beeping...

If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and has feathers like a duck...

I mean douche...

Bah-bye.
Originally Posted by 303savage
BUYERS BEWARE, I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH ANY OTHER TRANSACTIONS ON THIS FORUM AND A BUNCH OF THE MEMBERS WOULD VOUCH FOR ME THROUGH MY MANY TRANSACTIONS,...

I'm one of those guys, and yes, I'd vouch for you in a heartbeat.

Hunthard on the other hand, well, I bet that he realizes that his days here are numbered. When this reputation hits, it gets hard to continue "dealing" here.
Originally Posted by eh76
A clue to this seller is that all but 2 of his posts are in the free classifieds.....no class

Not to sound like a minority here......... But, I bet most of mine are like that. mainly because I have another site I do my buddy buddy stuff on. not that I wouldn't do it here but my website (Aldeer.com) is local.

With that being said, I bet this guy is not like that at all!!!
Originally Posted by Varmint_Master

Yep, that was chickenchit stunt he's just pulled here. Looking forward to hearing an explanation

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an explanation if I were you.
Originally Posted by RS308MX

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an explanation if I were you.

I hear ya but if we keep this thread bumped up towards the top then other people will see what kind of guy he is and know what they are dealing with if they decide to do business with him

I recently did a transaction with the OP for some Talley rings within the last week). Everything went great. I let him know I received the rings and at that time he told me he stripped one of the base screws when taking them off. Sure enough, the screw is toast. I figured it was no biggy, as I could obtain another hopefully fairly easy. Now that I'm seeing this post I feel a little cheated as it sounds like things like this have been kind of common.

Personally don't have anything against the OP, just sharing my experience.

Thanks Gentlemen.....

What does having served your country got to do with anything? I served my country too but I don't use that to sell stuff. Lame.
Originally Posted by Gledeasy
I let him know I received the rings and at that time he told me he stripped one of the base screws when taking them off. Sure enough, the screw is toast.

Nice timing. He obviously knew it well before sending, but chose to keep his mouth shut instead of coming clean BEFORE completing the deal.

Nice....
he also told me dies would be coming with the rifle that bought from him, when the rifle shipped and was on the way he told me he could not find the dies. anyone coming to a conclusion here?
Originally Posted by 303savage
he also told me dies would be coming with the rifle that bought from him, when the rifle shipped and was on the way he told me he could not find the dies. anyone coming to a conclusion here?

"Hey, I can't find the dies. Sorry. I can either send your check back, or I can go ahead and ship the rifle, and include a check for $50 in with it as a refund for that part of the deal. Let me know which way you'd prefer."

It ain't that hard to do BEFORE you ship.... whistle
Posted By: FOsteology Caveat emptor - 04/19/12
The OP also utilizes the screen name "BIG27". Caveat emptor...

And since Larry Root was brought up, he's back under the screen name "whiteeyes".
Thanks FOs...

Originally Posted by FOsteology
The OP also utilizes the screen name "BIG27". Caveat emptor...
Still waiting for hunthard to show up with an explanation
Still waiting for hunthard to show up with an explanation

He already tried that by playing his military card and posting his phone number (I'm tempted to sign him up for a new siding and windows estimate).

He's taken so much advantage of this forum before getting busted I'd be surprised if he shows his face again under the same username.
Look guys most of these comments are out of line If I have upset anyone Im sorry, 303savage I offered to refund you and you traded the gun instead let me know what you feel I owe you resonably and I will refund you.Im not going to argue with anyone but instead offer a solution.
Look guys most of these comments are out of line If I have upset anyone Im sorry, 303savage I offered to refund you and you traded the gun instead let me know what you feel I owe you resonably and I will refund you.Im not going to argue with anyone but instead offer a solution.

Hunthard, please point out which comments were out of line. It appears that the condition of the rifle was not fully disclosed. It's bad enough that you try to double your money on something you bought on here but the real issue is lack of full disclosure. It's shady and it makes you look like an ass.

It appears, from the outside looking in, that the only reason that you're going to try to make it right with 303Savage is because you've got your nuts in a wringer here. Not only did you bone him out of a set of dies that he paid an extra $50 for you refused to even help him out on shipping when he wanted to return the gun that he felt was misrepresented.

Based on how this thread has played out and the omission of a blemish that was conveyed to you when you bought the gun originally it gives 303's claim merit

My thoughts would be that if you buy something for a fantastic deal here in 24HCF and want to resell it for a quick profit then maybe you should try other websites to resell. Just a thought

[bleep], you sound like a real douche bag, then you have the audacity to use the "I served my country" card..pathetic...you're on ignore now. mad
Obviously you guys know it all on here if you go to my original posting for the browning 71 I did not advertise with dies. I told 303 over the phone I thought I had a set of dies for it and I would throw them in .When I was packaging rifle up I went through my dies and didnt have a set of 348 win I pm 303 before shipping and he didnt fuss about. You guys jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts or someones personal financial situation. If I have done anybody wrong please contact me I will try and make it right woth you if not then you have your right to an opinion.I will not go back in forth on this anymore.

Roger Out!!!!!!!

Im not subscribing to this thread anymore please pm or call me if you have any buisiness with me.

Hunthard
Good, diccbag
Just for record I am not defending the OP about this post or topic, But I would like to say that I had just purchased seperately from Tim (hunthard) a holster for my casull and a Marlin 45-70 SBL with a JM stamped barrel.

I paid him late last Thursday for both via paypal and my purchase was at my ffl by Monday morning (Fairbanks, Alaska to Niles, Michigan).

When going to retrieve my purchase I ran into a snag at my ffl which I posted on the fire two days ago. Tim had shipped and packaged everything (very well) and according to proper atfe shipping regs. The problem was on my end not his. During my dilemma Tim went above and beyond his responsibilities to make sure I was able to recieve my purchase. Everytime I called he either answered, called or emailed what was needed without question or hesitation(All while being quite ill with the flu). And being humble,concerned, and respectful while doing so.

I will put my 2 cents in I guess, I seen this thread pop up while trying to recover my purchase so I did a little research. I seen Tim had offered up a sheep hunt a while back due to a friend having to drop out. I think a guy named Whodat ended up taking the trip with him, he did state that he was not a guide and was just hoping to buddy up with someone. Seems the hunt turned out a 45+in. ram that was harvested in a highly hunted area. The person who went with hunthard got the ram, and had nothing but good to say about Tim in the thread where I seen it posted. As well as many others.

Now I said that to say this. Although Tim (in my opinion and some of you others) made an unwise choice in this sauer post and has seemingly Let himself be led by a quick profit, and has screwed up! If I had never screwed up a few times myself I probably wouldn't somehow know how this situation is playing out. Truth be known I have found out that a quick buck is not worth losing friends and family over. This forum has been like a family to me lately, its a place that I want to visit and be a part of.

Tim, I would advise you to make things right with 303savage if he will let you. Arguments are only conjoured up by those who want to argue and Being "right in your actions" will never prove wrong. Having full disclosure on the items you are selling would be a good and honest thing to do in the future. It might not get you the best price but will give you backing in your future sales.

Again my stuff arrived as in great condition and great performance on the sellers part. I just ask that we as the "good guys" let conviction take its part in this matter and not crucifiction.....

IMO, the seller got their asking price so it's no ones business what the new owner does with the rifle.

Intentional misrepresentation of an item is a different ball game. Having said that, I'd deal with hunthard long before I'd deal with some of the PMS ridden old ladies around here.
Originally Posted by PAMac
Just for record I am not defending the OP about this post or topic, But I would like to say that I had just purchased seperately from Tim (hunthard) a holster for my casull and a Marlin 45-70 SBL with a JM stamped barrel.

I paid him late last Thursday for both via paypal and my purchase was at my ffl by Monday morning (Fairbanks, Alaska to Niles, Michigan).

When going to retrieve my purchase I ran into a snag at my ffl which I posted on the fire two days ago. Tim had shipped and packaged everything (very well) and according to proper atfe shipping regs. The problem was on my end not his. During my dilemma Tim went above and beyond his responsibilities to make sure I was able to recieve my purchase. Everytime I called he either answered, called or emailed what was needed without question or hesitation(All while being quite ill with the flu). And being humble,concerned, and respectful while doing so.

I will put my 2 cents in I guess, I seen this thread pop up while trying to recover my purchase so I did a little research. I seen Tim had offered up a sheep hunt a while back due to a friend having to drop out. I think a guy named Whodat ended up taking the trip with him, he did state that he was not a guide and was just hoping to buddy up with someone. Seems the hunt turned out a 45+in. ram that was harvested in a highly hunted area. The person who went with hunthard got the ram, and had nothing but good to say about Tim in the thread where I seen it posted. As well as many others.

Now I said that to say this. Although Tim (in my opinion and some of you others) made an unwise choice in this sauer post and has seemingly Let himself be led by a quick profit, and has screwed up! If I had never screwed up a few times myself I probably wouldn't somehow know how this situation is playing out. Truth be known I have found out that a quick buck is not worth losing friends and family over. This forum has been like a family to me lately, its a place that I want to visit and be a part of.

Tim, I would advise you to make things right with 303savage if he will let you. Arguments are only conjoured up by those who want to argue and Being "right in your actions" will never prove wrong. Having full disclosure on the items you are selling would be a good and honest thing to do in the future. It might not get you the best price but will give you backing in your future sales.

Again my stuff arrived as in great condition and great performance on the sellers part. I just ask that we as the "good guys" let conviction take its part in this matter and not crucifiction.....

Excellent post
IMO, the seller got their asking price so it's no ones business what the new owner does with the rifle.

and then some.
price is what you pay, value is what you get........
Hmmmmmmm
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Intentional misrepresentation of an item is a different ball game. Having said that, I'd deal with hunthard long before I'd deal with some of the PMS ridden old ladies around here.

Hmmmmmm
Empirically wrong? Not really

Morally and ethically poor? Indeed
So you've never made a profit? Interesting.
Making a profit and not disclosing everything that was disclosed to you is morally and ethically wrong IMO. Had he been forthright with his description and doubled his money I wouldn't have said anything even though it is a bit ridiculous to take advantage of a members good deal and then reselling the same item on the same classifieds forum you found it on. It falls into the same category as regifting IMO but that wasn't the issue. Lack of disclosure was. He knew damn good and well the ding was in the rifle but wanted to get top dollar for it so he didn't mention it. Screw that guy
© 24hourcampfire