Home
Posted By: c416r ****NIGHTFORCE SCAM ALERT***** - 05/02/12
I was recently ripped-off by this person: JULIO BERENGUER
200 Bethel Loop
Apt.#15b
Brooklyn,NY.
Known E-mail address: FLE_TIM<[email protected]
or [email protected]

He sent photos , speaks the lingo. Took my money and does not deliver the product. Found complaints also on AR15.com. Please watch out for this joker! He is a CROOK!
I bet that wasn't cheap. Someone needs to pay him a visit.
That had to hurt. Good luck resolving this.
http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=Julio+Berenguer&sns1=t19#Brooklyn,+NY:362630567

If you paid by Postal M.O. turn it over to the feds. They don't like that sort of thing.
NYPD will do nothing-due to they say it is a civil matter.
There has to be some kind of inter-state commerce law that has been broken? Anyone has an idea or expertise in this area-please help.
If payment was mailed contact your Post Master.
Originally Posted by c416r
NYPD will do nothing-due to they say it is a civil matter.
There has to be some kind of inter-state commerce law that has been broken? Anyone has an idea or expertise in this area-please help.

If someone robs you in person it's a criminal matter.
If someone robs you over the internet it's a civil matter.
Makes perfect sense.

crazy
Thanks-headed in that direction.
Can you tell us where this guy was advertising?
I had a similar experience on a Nightforce scope (whats up with that) with some guy in South Carolina. I contacted the USPS Attorney Generals office ( no response) and the local PD. The Chief sent an officer to the address who was told that fellow moved out of town. That was as far as I got.. You would think someone would give a [bleep] about this stuff that could REALLY do something but unless it involves THOUSANDS of dollars no one seems to. We need a private Star Chamber.......

Sorry for the disappointing news......
wouldn't it technically be wire fraud across state lines make it a federal issue? Lawyers fees would be more than what you paid likely but it is a possibility.
Was his name in the "good guy" list?
TexasGuntrader.com and after a little research he has also used AR15.com and according to that forum has posed under someone else on GunBroker.com
I would just be aware of that name and or address.
I can't believe this happened, but what an eye-opener!
Always use USPS, at least mail the payment.

This is just a small protection, but mail fraud is a serious matter and your best bet.

Of course, checking out the seller is mandatory in any serious money deals.

HM
I did use a USPS MO. I attempted contact w/my inspector-no response yet? Left message again today.
Also, got word from a patron-that he had warned TXguntrader.com of this fraud and the director/owner of this site promised to remove the ad and did nothing in regards to the removal. This correspondence took place some 20-30 days prior to my incident! I hv all of that correspondence and hv requested twice to TXguntrader.com to respond-no response yet from anyone at that organization!
You have his phone number and talked to him on the phone before sending money, right?
Sorry bout your loss, This kinda behavior should be a hangin offense!
Bondservant2 , you are exactly right . If the guy is a fly-by-night , you can kiss the money good-by ! These thieves KNOW that Internet Rip-offs are not something your local Sheriff , the FBI , or the Postal Authorities will spend anytime on unless the thief is a Business or lives at a known Address . Don't ask me how I know ....and at least 10 of us were Scammed . It's a shame but that is reality ! My choice now , is to buy nothing of substantial Cost from anyone who does not have a long history on any Site .
Originally Posted by boy1
Bondservant2 , you are exactly right . If the guy is a fly-by-night , you can kiss the money good-by ! These thieves KNOW that Internet Rip-offs are not something your local Sheriff , the FBI , or the Postal Authorities will spend anytime on unless the thief is a Business or lives at a known Address . Don't ask me how I know ....and at least 10 of us were Scammed . It's a shame but that is reality ! My choice now , is to buy nothing of substantial Cost from anyone who does not have a long history on any Site .

Precisely! Despite all the precautions I take, one of these days I'm gonna get bit, and bit BIG. Every time I send off a substantial sum in US POSTAL MONEY ORDERS, I still hold my breath waiting for the item I purchased to get to me. It's too easy for the low-lifes of the world to take your money and run. Someone suggested the jerk that took your money for a phantom NF should be visited. I sometimes think that would be the ONLY way to resolve the issue, and then they can turn around and file assault/battery charges against you if you're the one that paid the visit to the vermin. It would be best if the person who was ripped off paid the visit. At least then there are mitigating circumstances. Imagine the POS spitting out blood and teeth while the NYPD told him it was a civil matter.
Thanks for the support. I will keep the forum updated if I make any head-way.
It really is horrible the things people do at the expense of others!
My daughter got ripped off on ebay on a computer. Same not much she could do. she called the dude and all seemed pretty up and up.
That is awful to hear. I haven't bought or sold much online, but I'm wondering is there any sort of third party escrow company that could facilitate these types of deals? You send your money to the 3rd party, he sends his merchandise to the company. Once they have received both they send them out to the other party for a small fee.
I've bought and sold a good bit. Generally gun guys are mostly all good to go. I know eventually I'll get bit too. It takes balls to do it and I'm not quite sure how I'll react yet. Hopefully you'll get this resolved. one way or another. smile

I've bought, sold and traded many items here and have only been ripped once by Claude (The Fraud) Gatewood of Medina Ohio.

BEWARE.
http://www.eurooptic.com/wall-of-shame.aspx

I have asked members from 24hr that may live in the sellers area to stop by to check the product I am buying out. I was happy to see how many members are willing to help.
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I've bought, sold and traded many items here and have only been ripped once by Claude (The Fraud) Gatewood of Medina Ohio.

BEWARE.

I wonder what happened to Claude that made him have suspect business practices ?

At one time, I think he had a pretty good name in the business.

I had him do a stock for me a few years ago, It wasn't the smoothest of transactions but I got my stock back. I would not do it again however.
A USPS investgator is working on the case now.
Will give you the update as soon as I hv news!
200 Bethel Loop
Apt.#15b
Brooklyn,NY.

The address would have been my 1st clue not to do business with him.
© 24hourcampfire