Home
This SSV (Single Shot Varmint) model was made from 1997-1999 in Clackamas. A few guys on the Fire have them and like them. Its based on the Model 84C action, which Kimber calls their mini-mauser. It has a 25" SS match grade fluted barrel with a recessed target crown. 1:12 twist barrel. Matte finished Model 84 action. Grade A Claro walnut stock with a thin recoil pad and a wide varmint type forend. Pillar bedding. Steel grip cap. Screws are perfect. Adjustable trigger, set at 2.5 lbs. Warne rings and bases. Approx 7.5 lbs.

I bot this rifle new from a Kimber master dealer in PA in 1997 when they first came out. He had ordered four of them and this one was the pick if the litter. The factory fired target shows a group size of .110" for five shots at 50 yds. The K o O standard for accuracy was .400 inches, center to center; I'll let you guys do the math. The rifle remains in 99% condition; there are a couple of very small safe marks on the bottom of the stock. The metal finishes are perfect. A 1997 Kimber catalog, original Owner's Manual and the factory test target go with the rifle.

The barrel was broken in slowly and carefully (Sinclair method. Less that 200 rounds down the pipe. When we lived in the East, I terminated a few groundhogs in the garden and crows in the back pasture with her. This rifle makes a perfect
"walking varminter", searching for targets of opportunity in the field.

The only recent comparable was a SSV which sold on American Arms and Antiques for $1500. I could find no others and I looked hard. Based on that, the rifle is priced at $1250 shipped and insured to yr FFL. I'll give the usual 3 day (Do Not Fire) inspection period. No trades needed. Ask any questions and thanks for looking.

Here are a few pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

SWEET rifle NB!

If it were left-handed I'd have sold the wife into slavery to buy it.

Bump for Bumpo!
DEEEMMMM, thats sweet..........TTT for a coyote killa.

Gunner
I remember the rifle, and what NB says, is what it will do. I imagine, that if it were a lefty, it wouldn`t be for sale.
Originally Posted by gunner500
DEEEMMMM, thats sweet..........TTT for a coyote killa.

Gunner

I have one of these.....And it is a coyote killer.

Kaiser Norton

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. Sunday morning bump.
Another bump for a great rifle. I have one of those as well - haven't seen or heard anything about those in years! Good luck with your sale.
Rod is a great guy... I recently bought a different Kimber from him and it was better than described and he was more than fantastic to deal with...PM if you have any questions or concerns.
Thanks for the comments, Drew and JG. No more of these rifles will ever be made and it would be hard to find one more accurate, unless you go full custom for many more $$$$. A wonderful "walking varminter" in my way of thinking.

Labor Day Bump.
Great buy, greater guy bump!
TTT
Hump Day Bump
BUMP it UP
Added to the KIMBER SSV rifle package:

A three-piece RCBS die set and two unopened boxes of varmint type bullets (Nosler, Berger, Sierra or Hornady, your choice)
Saturday Morning Bump
All PMs answered

BUMP it up
Hump Day BUMP
****ONE TIME PRICE DROP****

NEW PRICE IS $1100 SHIPPED AND INSURED TO YOUR FFL

Listed on several other sites now as well.

All other information remains as before. Thanks for looking.

NB
I am a huge Kimber fan. Nice little trinket

Cheers
These little SSV's are one of the nicest Kimbers ever made. I gave my wife one as a wedding present and after more than 15 boxes of 1000 count Speer 50 grain TNT, it is still shooting under 3/4".

Triggers are as good as any factory trigger.
THANKS for the savvy comments, guys.

This SSV .223 will stay up on the Fire for the weekend, and then its off to GB she goes. You will never find a nicer one.

NB
SUNDAY Bump
All PMs answered.

HUMP Day Bump
WEEKEND BUMP
Sunday BUMP
I have a SSV in my safe. It shoots sub- 1/2" if I do my part. This is a sweet little shooter. If I were flush, I'd have a pair. Bump.
WEEKEND BUMP

Will leave this in the 'Fire for a couple more days then its off to GunBroker she goes.

NB
GOING, GOING, GONE to Gun Broker

Thanks guys.

NB
Bringing this minty Kimber of Oregon .223 varmint rifle back for one more go on 24HCF. Also listed on other sites. It would be very hard to find a nicer KoO that's not NIB. The scope has been sold. I believe the top post is quite complete, but ask any quesions.

NEW PRICE: $1000 SHIPPED to yr FFL. No trades needed.
Usual 3 day (Do Not Fire) Inspection period.
Tag
*** SPF to Whitebird ***

THANKS, Cliff.

NB
© 24hourcampfire