Home
I have a 1961, .243 Featherweight Winchester Model 70, which should have a slightly curved "Plastic composition" butt pad. It currently is rockin' a real swell shotgun style pad to tame the massive recoil generated by the .243 cartridge.

This gun should not have had the aluminum pad that looks like the steel pad they used on Pre-64 70's.

I see reproductions on Gunbroker and Flea-Bay for $10-$15, but would really like to find an original.

Should look like this.(No logo, 3 3/8" center to center on screw holes) I will need the screws also.

If you have one in your parts bin, shoot me a PM and let me know a price.

Thanks.

Mitch
[Linked Image]
Bump
Don't have that one but I do have an original red one with with the Winchester in the circle. Even have the screw plugs with it. It is the grind to fit version that was never mounted on a rifle if you are interested.
htredneck,

Thank you for your response. I am going to see if I can get the 100% correct pad or I'll leave the one it that is on it.

Thanks again.

Mitch

Bump
Still looking for.
Someone on the fire pointed me towards someone that offers pre 64 hardware but I can't remember who it is. I'll look back through some PM's and see if I can find the info. I do know that at the time I looked they were out of butt plates.

Bob
Made it to a gunshow at the Iowa State Fairgrounds today, the "parts guy" had an ammo can full of Winchester butt pads, and I found one.

Thanks to all who shared their information with me.

Mitch
© 24hourcampfire