Home
I bought this full up custom 257 Weatherby from Safariman (Mark), and this is killing me but I�m going to sell it since I already have a 257 and need to make some room! This one is unique in that the rifle marries a pre 64 M70 action to one of the best calibers out there! If you need a flat shooting rifle with reach, here you go!

Details:

- Blueprinted, squared, Jeweled and trued pre 64 Model 70 30-06 action (1958). It is drilled for a side swing scope mount, but the holes are filled, polished and are barely perceptible.
- Entire metalwork highly polished and triple hot tank blued.
- PacNor #3 Contour 27.5� barrel, super-match grade hand lapped
- Model 70 trigger polished and tweaked down to just under 3#
- Boyds JRS laminate stock re-shaped and 'de-porkified' with the grip slenderized, rounded to 4.25" circumference - same as a Weatherby MK V - and shaped and opened up a la Prince of Wales style. Also re stained to a darker more Walnut like color and Checkered to 20LPI, hand checkering by a real pro and very well executed.
- Jeweled bolt
- Round count � about 200.
- Solid 3/4 MOA

I also made several improvements:

- New Kick Eez all purpose dual action recoil pad
- New Talley lightweight low alloy one piece rings
- New Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40 LR riflescope, Fine Duplex, in Matte. Mounted but never shot. I have the box, manual, warranty card, etc. This is a $600 scope.
- Leupold Alumina flip up scope covers
- Pre 64 264 Win Mag magazine box (original) and follower (Wisners). The rifle feeds great!

I�d like to sell the rifle with scope, for $1350 shipped.

Thanks,
Eric
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
This was taken in my garage at close range, but you get the idea.

[img]http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/ebm1973/IMG_2647.jpg[/img]
nice rig. nice price!
That's a beautiful rifle. Bump for a great guy to deal with....
Beautiful rig, wish you were up for some trades......

Bob
This was, in fact, my primary long range deer hunting rig for several years before I sold it to Eric. It is a best of the best no holds barred no expense spared full custom that flat out shoots. My handloads in this rifle pushed 100gr TTSX bullets - moly'ed - out the tube at a full chronographed 3800fps. I would never had sold it excpting an amazing opportunity to buy a Leneord Brownell octagon barreleed rifle with amazing wood in 7mm Mahburn Super. Eric was/is great to deal with and you will not find a better long range deer/antleope set up anywhere at any price.

Eric, if this does not sell for all cash and you would entertain a collectable old Winchester or Savage as a trade PM me.

MARK
Great deal, great caliber and great guy to deal with it!

Good guy bump.

Lee
Dang it Eric. I remember when Mark sold this I almost cried. If you would have gave me some notice I would have been saving. Nice set up in a great round.
Ummmmmm..... dang! Thats a super deal. I am a 700 guy so i am kinda happy this is a Win mod 70 action.....BUT DANG, what a setup.

BTT so someone can buy it and I wont have yet another .257 wthby in the crowded stable!
The price is super good and a year ago I would've bought it. WA state now dings us residents ~8% use tax on out of state purchases so it would cost me another $100.

It won't last long.
Thanks for the bumps and kind comments, gents! I'm answering a number of PMs.

Eric
Wow this is killing me,
have purchased 2 rifles this week.
Very nice rifle at a great price.
Someone please take this
Smokin' deal here!
Interested, PM sent
What does this rifle weigh?
I'll take it per our pm's
SPF to Realralfy. Thanks for all the PMs guys!

Eric
Lucky! I would have loved to have this rifle.
GREAT grab and a superlative rifle to RealRalfy.
Mark, you did a great build with this one!

Eric
Thanks guys.....

If this damn ankle will heal properly, I'm taking her down to S. Alabama to hunt some whitetails over bean fields very soon!.....There are opportunities to take some nice bucks and great distances down there.....this rig should be perfect for that....
Eric if you sold this 257 wby I would love to see what you kept. Del
Checked back and seen it had sold.
I was going to pull the trigger for the third time
this week. Saved; dammit
Originally Posted by Onpoint
Eric if you sold this 257 wby I would love to see what you kept. Del

You know it's a good one when you immediately feel pain & suffering after the sale. It's like choosing between your kids. Dammit!

Those bucks in AL better enjoy their beans! wink

Eric
Thx for getting it sold. I was giving it til this evening before i figured it out.

Thanks to the buyer!! Sounds like you saved a few of us!!!!
Originally Posted by EricM
Mark, you did a great build with this one!

Eric

Thank you! If I had it to do all over again, I would do it exactly the same way with zero changes. That, after actually hunting with it for several years says something I think.

realralfy, you have yourself a semi famous rifle there as it is featured with a big Mule Deer Buck in the Barnes Reloading manual. I took a couple of real wallhangers at 440-493 yards with that one.

Good hunting to you,

MARK
I guess I will be picking up a Barnes Reloading Manual.....

Glad to know this rifle has a pedigree...
© 24hourcampfire