Home
Posted By: Kaumheimer For Sale or Trade S&W 25-2 - 11/07/12
Want to sell (or possibly trade) a S&W Model 25-2 in .45 ACP. Completely stock. It�s in cherry shape with original grips. DOB circa 1975. SN 303XXX. I�d put it at the 95% mark. It�s mis-labeled as an "M 29-2".(You can see it on the photo, right below the SN).

Mechanically fine. Tight lock-up and bore is bright. Haven�t shot it much and I only shot cast bullets out of it. Bluing is excellent except for a faint smidge near the crown of the barrel. One pin prick scratch on barrel (see photo). No box but I�ll throw in a Hogue grip as well. Might be interested in a trade for a decent bolt action .243 with glass of commensurate value. Prefer SS. More photos available if you want �em. $750 + shipping.

Attached picture Model 25-2 1.jpg
Attached picture Model 25-2 2.jpg
Attached picture Model 25-2 3.jpg
Attached picture Model 25-2 009.jpg
Attached picture Model 25-2  5small.jpg
bump
bump
bump
Is it possible this revolver was changed from a 44 mag to the current 45 acp ? If this is truly a Mis-mark, I would think the collector value would outweigh the value as a firearm.
Can't really say. I do know that from my research there were occasional mis-stamps for this model. I'm not quite sure what the impact of the mis-stamp does to the value of the gun.
Posted By: ken158 Re: For Sale or Trade S&W 25-2 - 11/11/12
I have collected, bought and sold S&W's for many years and never found a mis-stamped gun demanding a premium. Lots of mis-stamped S&W's out there.
Originally Posted by ken158
I have collected, bought and sold S&W's for many years and never found a mis-stamped gun demanding a premium. Lots of mis-stamped S&W's out there.

Same here. They generally do not bring any premium for mis-marks.
bump
© 24hourcampfire