Home
Well, my father is one of the few that has an interpupillary distance so wide he can't use binoculars. He hasn't found a set of binoculars that will adjust wide enough to allow him to get a proper field of view. He spent all of yesterday afternoon at basspro and none of the binoculars were wide enough. Does anyone know of a brand that has a wide interpupillary distance.
Your Dads binocular situation is rare, but not uncommom. I will bet he only looked at "Roof Prism" binoculars at BP... He may need need to look at some quality "Porro Prism" binoculars... Like a Fujinon Polaris or even some of the used military/civilan Porro Prism binoculars by Zeiss, Leica or Docter Optic. I was told that the size of the hinge pin on a porro could be enlarged to give a little more IP distance... Something to think about. Good luck on his search! Ovis_Chaser
Same problem here. The only ones I found were wide enough were the Nikon Venturer LX. Great glass.
BR1
" Nikon Venturer LX. Great glass."
Very true. I've got the 8x32's and will Never get rid of them.
As a bonus there's some 8x42's here: http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/list.asp?classified_category_id=3
I'd buy them but don't really need that configuration.
Good Luck !
Maybe try the optics forums instead of the classifieds. Lots of good advice and folks who know more about optics than Carl Zeiss. Just post the same question over there and I bet somebody will point you in the right direction. Good luck.
© 24hourcampfire