Home
#1 is a Gordy Gritters built 7MM-08 Light Weight Custom.
$2,900 invested...................$1,525.00 shipped.

Rem. 700 Stainless Action ADL Configuration
Action Accurized, and Bolt Sleeved
Factory Trigger tuned to crisp 2.0#
Holland Lug
Lilja #1 Stainless, 6 groove cut to 22", .580" muzzle dia.
Pillar Bedded and Free Floated
1.200" shank cut to 1"
Recessed Target crown
High Tech Specialties Stock
Rem. 700 Short Action "Classic" w/o cheekpiece
13.5" LOP with Limbsaver 1" pad
Bansners Custom ADL Trigger Guard
Talley 1" Lightweights
Painted Brown w/Black and White Webbing

Rifle with a 1" Leupold Scope weighs 7.0#
Shoots 1/2 moa to 300 yards with 120 NBT's.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#2 is a Gordy Gritters built Custom .308 Sporter
$2,355.00 invested.....................$1,355.00 shipped.

Rem 700 CM Action, ADL Configuration
Action Fully Blueprinted-Squared, Trued, Lugs Lapped, etc.
Lilja Custom Contour Barrel(one contour heavier than Factory)
11 Degree Target Crown-1 in 12 twist, .670" muzzle dia., 22"
Original ADL Wood Stock, 1" Decelerator Pad
Very nice Tight, Straight Grained Walnut
Glass and Pillar Bedded
CerraKoted Graphite Black
20 moa NightForce Picatinny Base

Weighs 7-3/4# w/o scope.
Sub 1/2" moa Rifle. I have shot this rifle at 1,000 yards, and kept 18 of 20 shots in the 9 ring or better.(other 2 in the 8)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#3 is a NEW, UNFIRED 7MM Rem Mag Long Range Rifle
Over $2,400.00 invested.........................$2,125.00 shipped

Rem 700 BDL, LA, Magnum Bolt Face, trued and accurized
Shilen trigger, 1-1/2#
Kreiger #5 Bull Sporter SS (finished @ 26"), .700" muzzle dia.
Vais brake
Talley Tactical 20 moa Picatinny Base
Graphite Black CerraKote
McMillan A3 (13-1/2") with 1" Decelerator, factory pillars
Campfire Camo

This stock has not been bedded. Fully free floated to the lug as is.

Rifle weighs 8.7# empty.
A twin to this rifle(on a Tikka action), built for me at the same time, is shooting under 1" at 200 yards.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy125/yukonal/Rem7Mag-2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy125/yukonal/Rem7Mag-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy125/yukonal/VaisBrake-1.jpg[/img]

Forgive me if I've forgotten anything. Please feel free to pm me with any other questions. I've been having trouble logging in for a week now, so I'll try to stay online as much as possible. Please be patient with questions. Thanks for looking. smile

Edit to add--shipped prices are to the lower 48. wink And I'm not interested in any trades, please don't ask. I have WAY too much stuff already. grin

This is one of those posts I wish I never opened.

There is some sweet hardware here, at pretty darn nice prices....
Very nice rifles at superb prices.

I like the 7-08 the best.

Thank goodness these are not lefties!
I hope someone buys that 7mm08 pretty quick, I'd hate to loose sleep trying to figure out what to sell so I can buy it!!
PM sent
The 708 (Ram Slammer) has been there, done that. A proven tack driving killer...

[Linked Image]
Thats not helping my cause at all, Nice sheep though!!
Are you perhaps in need of a left nut?
Originally Posted by quadzilla

Lol!!!
Originally Posted by fisher122101
Originally Posted by quadzilla

Lol!!!

He He. Never heard that one before! You must really want it. laugh
Just takes 3 easy words...
Twist on the 7mm-08?
Originally Posted by rc82bttb
Twist on the 7mm-08?

Both the 708, and the 7 Mag are 9 twist.
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Very nice rifles at superb prices.

I like the 7-08 the best.

Thank goodness these are not lefties!

Yep, all are nice rides but that 7-08 is the one that horns me up the most. Luckily, I have a 700Ti in 7-08 to keep me from picking up this one.
I just hate playing games. So I priced these rifles where anyone even remotely interested can afford them.

The .308, by the way, is a safe queen. Been hunted once in 8 years. Been a super fun paper puncher, tho. grin
Nice guns, someone's going to get some nice presents for Christmas.
Nice iron right here, from a totally stand up guy!!
Good thing we aren't in the same state...here in WA our great dem female gov pushed thru a "use tax" equal to sales tax on out of state purchases..
Any firearm cost me $35 transfer fee plus 8%...

The 7-08 won't last....
I'll take 1 & 3

If 25.00 a month work for you wink I'll drop the first down payment off on my way outta town tomorrow.

***Free Bump*** Wish I had the funds
Damn you Al. I need that 7-08
Bump for a good guy and some badass rifles

I can't believe that 7mm-08 is still for sale
Someone pm'd me and asked--the 708 has 295 rounds thru it. This fall when I confirmed my zero, it shot a 3 shot group that measured .385" one way, and .435" the other way.

250 yards, between the eyes. Only shot offered. Like I said, it's a very accurate rifle. And a pleasure to carry.
[Linked Image]
PM sent
Al who did the smithing on #3?
TAG

pm sent
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Al who did the smithing on #3?

Greg @ Straightline Customs
(320)-272-4897

Somebody better jump on the 7-08.
I really like that .308!

Cool rifles Al!!
Originally Posted by Tanner
I really like that .308!

Cool rifles Al!!

You have good taste. You should see the stock up close. The cool thing about that rifle is, it just shoots everything well. 180 HIB, 165 HIB, 168 TTSX, 165 NBT, 180 TSX, etc.

I have one or two 200 yard targets with 3/4" 5 shots w/the 168 TTSX. It just plain stacks the 165 NBT's.
I keep clicking on this add to see the 7-08 sold but its still here. Someone buy it so I don't have to.
Someone please buy these before I do something I won't regret.

That 308 is calling me loudly!
Originally Posted by billigaot

Do yourself a favor and BUY THAT RIFLE! You will regret not buying it for a long time!
Originally Posted by billigaot

I'll throw in the $150 die set for $50. Redding Type "S" Match, three die set with a small base body die and the appropriate $20 neck bushing for Remington brass...if you're gonna handload. grin

I just knocked $120 off. whistle
I'll take the 7mm-08!
Its about time!
That is an awesome gun you just bought, if you get tired of it,PM me as I am in upstate,NY as well...
I was pissed when I logged in and saw I missed it!!! Get through 4 pages and see that somehow no one had bought it. I don't usually have that kind of luck.
You definately got a good one at a great price.
Man I wanted this.. I've been saved
Originally Posted by jdunham
I'll take the 7mm-08!

The 7MM-08 is sold pending funds. Thanks!
Originally Posted by yukonal
Originally Posted by Tanner
I really like that .308!

Cool rifles Al!!

You have good taste. You should see the stock up close. The cool thing about that rifle is, it just shoots everything well. 180 HIB, 165 HIB, 168 TTSX, 165 NBT, 180 TSX, etc.

I have one or two 200 yard targets with 3/4" 5 shots w/the 168 TTSX. It just plain stacks the 165 NBT's.
The barrel contour you picked seems like a great choice for that rifle too, just looks well balanced and nicely thought out. Somebody is going to get a beauty.

Bump!
Tru dat. Forgot to mention, I have a brand new Shilen trigger in the package I'll throw in for nothing...if the buyer reminds me about it. There's another $100 off the price. grin
al you're killing me here! Yes i do reload. that 308 is the perfect rifle to burn some of the 150gr Nosler Ballistic tips or the 168 Sierra match kings i have stacked up.
Bump from a good guy. whistle
Originally Posted by SKane
Bump from a good guy. whistle

grin
BTTT
that 308 is killing me!!
Here's a few 200 yard groups with 168 TTSX.

1/2" to 3/4" at 200 puts it at just over 1/4" at 100. I believe thats called a one-holer.
[Linked Image]
Unreal collection of "dream rifles"! Why stay with the wood stock on the .308? Asking from the humid Southeast.
I liked the idea of a classy/classic custom built on a wood/blued platform.

And the wood is the nicest factory walnut I've ever seen on a Rem, Ruger, Brown., Win., etc.

Gordy beds the barreled action, lets it dry/shrink, then re-skim beds it again. That action aint gonna move...humid south or anywhere else. laugh

Thanks for the kind words. I try to have a purpose to my builds, not just build something crazy or impractical.
How is that 308 still sitting here?
Drum---sent you a pm a couple days ago. Check your box. I might have to kill a big mulie with you...with the .308. grin
Good Lord, I wish someone would buy the .308 so I could get some sleep. I see you don't need a left nut, how about a kidney on a promise note as down payment until Jan.1st?
I'm having seller's remorse over the 708. I think I need to grab some 165 NBT's, and go put a few holes in paper at 400 with the .308... grin
Tag
I'm still upset about not buying that 7mm08, and yes I had more than enough time to hit the Buy it Now button!
This is the only 30 cal I currently own. So I'll throw in 16 boxes of bullets for nothing(or whatever I have--if I mis-counted). O.K., add $25 for shipping the extra bullets. grin I would guess there is about $350-$400 worth of bullets. Maybe a little less.

Barnes(6), Hornady(5), Nosler(5).

And no, I won't sell the bullets separately...before the rifle sells. wink
This is ridiculous. I will take this one too!
Excellent. The safe queen will go to you also. You have bought the 2 nicest rifles I've ever owned. I'll talk to you about the dies, and everything else associated. I have a bunch of extra stuff to get to you.

.308 is sold pending funds. Thank you, and a Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Al
Looking forward to the rifles Al. You guys are on your own with the 7mm. My toy fund is tapped. grin
Looking forward to the rifles Al. You guys are on your own with the 7mm. My toy fund is tapped. grin

You did a great job draining. I drained mine on crappy third world ammo and plastic magazines that I'll never enjoy. You win Christmas 2012.

Originally Posted by willowcreek1996

You did a great job draining. I drained mine on crappy third world ammo and plastic magazines that I'll never enjoy. You win Christmas 2012.

That got a laugh out of me!
Ill take seconds on the 308.
Sorry, but my pm box is full of seconds, thirds, etc. You are officially in line, tho. wink
Originally Posted by yukonal
Sorry, but my pm box is full of seconds, thirds, etc. You are officially in line, tho. wink

Just my luck. Go hunting for a few days with no internet and this happens.
The Long Range 7 MM Rem Mag is still for sale. He needs a good home.

180 Bergers, or 160 Nosler AccuBonds otta pretty much take care of anything in North America. grin

Here's a couple more pics.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Back up for another look. smile
© 24hourcampfire