Home
I have for sale a Remington 700 Stainless Mountain rifle in .280. I have the original synthetic stock and also have a Ti stock that can go as well. The gun has some handling marks, and the original stock is pretty worn. The TI stock is perfect. This rifle was only made in 1993. It is very light and will make a good walking rifle. I will take $900 for the gun with both stocks and $700 for the gun and original stock only. Rings and mounts not included. Prefer money order.
PM me with any questions. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
If I didn't already have an ultralight 280 ack, this would be on it way here... How much has it been shot? I may still be interested
Limerock, would you be interested in trading for the same rifle but in 243?
I have that same rifle, bought new in '93. It is a tack driver. Any idea how much lighter the Ti stock is? The original stock is comfortable/functional but not much to look at and I've always worried about the bedding coming loose from the plastic material. Might be interested in the stock if it doesn't go with the rifle.
Yeah, be interested in how many down the tube and how she shoots.
tag
I couldn't give an accurate round count as I bought it used here on the fire. I put about 20 rounds through it and put it in the safe I just haven't used it. I'm sure it has been shot a bit though by the wear on the original stock.
Thanks for the offer on the .243 but I already have one of those. Just not a mountain rifle.
if you decide to sell the stock separately i would be interested in buying it , thanks
I can vouch for the seller...buy with confidence. The Ti stock is like new. I know the seller didn't put more than a box down the tube, and doubt the original owner shot the barrel out, but rather hunted with the gun. Limerock's an honest guy and not a flipper or frequenter of the forum. If I didn't already have more than one rifle comparable to this, it'd be if my safe.
Had it's twin which was a shooter even with the tupperware. Wish coin was available to pick up this one - suddenly miss the twin after seeing the sibling.
That looks like my old rifle I sold to TLB2. I'm tempted to buy it back.
Originally Posted by Clay
Had it's twin which was a shooter even with the tupperware. Wish coin was available to pick up this one - suddenly miss the twin after seeing the sibling.

Here's the twin Clay (thanks again), you are right, it has been a remarkable shooter. I have had my hands on three and have it's twin in .30-06 and all shot great and all in the original stock. They look better painted though grin grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I can also vouch for this model. I ordered one in 280 in late 1992 as soon as Remington announced the new SS M700. Killed my first buck with it on Jan 8, 1993. I think they made this rifle for two years before they changed it around some. Since 93 I have killed many deer with mine. It is now relegated mostly to wet weather duty. Three years ago I bought another stainless rifle, a M700 SPS in 308. It was a good rifle and very accurate, but just didn't hold up to the old 280 so it was traded off.

Somebody is going to get a good rifle here....

Rifle Sold pending funds to Oklahoma. I still have the TI stock for sale, but am going to offer it to the ones who PM'd me in the order they were received to see if they are still interested. Price is $200 + actual shipping if anyone is interested.
Stock sold pending funds.
I have one of these in a 25-06 bought here on the fire from DW. The older I get the more I like it. LOL
© 24hourcampfire