Home
3 Cases of Varget (10-1 pound containers/box) just like they came packed from Hodgdon.

2 Cases are the same lot number.

$40/lb or $350/case

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

3 Cases of CFE223 (10-1 pound containers/box) just like they came packed from Hodgdon.

All 3 Cases are the same lot number.

$37/lb or $320/case

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No shipping currently.

Those who want cases get preference.

Located in Fort Worth, but I'll be traveling tomorrow from Fort Worth on I-20 East to Jackson, MS then South on Hwy 18 to Bay Springs, MS. I'll meet anyone along the way. I'll be coming back Sunday and can do the same if the powder hasn't sold by then.

I'll also be going North up I-35 to North Kansas to turkey hunt the 2rd weekend in April. I'll have to have money to hold it that long.

PM me for a phone number if you want to meet. I'll let this add ride a week or two then I'm going to GunBroker to sell, but I really didn't want to ship.
Why does this remind me of "The Sopranos"?
Two cases of Varget sold pending payment/delivery.
might check D.O.T. before transporting that much. could be a heafty fine
Originally Posted by fredhorace77
Jesus-f*cking-Christ, Chicken Little. No, there isn't any "hefty fine," quit repeating ignorant-ass BULLSHIT you heard at your last family reunion, aka "date night" to you, and posting it on the internet.

Either come on with some f*cking PROOF, or SHUT-THE-F*CK-UP. It's not a difficult concept or unreasonable request.
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Jesus-f*cking-Christ, Chicken Little. No, there isn't any "hefty fine," quit repeating ignorant-ass BULLSHIT you heard at your last family reunion, aka "date night" to you, and posting it on the internet.

Either come on with some f*cking PROOF, or SHUT-THE-F*CK-UP. It's not a difficult concept or unreasonable request.

You ever considered decaf?
wouldnt be any different transporting this much powder than to transporting five 5 gallon cans of gas in your car in fact is would be alot safer than gas, Small arms smokeless podwer is not a explosive.
Originally Posted by bricktop

"Date night"

LMFAO.
Bricktop I like you subtle approach. It might take 10 pages at this rate before you get your point across.

Two more pounds of Varget sold......8lbs left and all the CFE at this point.
NFPA495-85
10-3 SMOKELESS PROPELLANTS
10-3.1 Quantities of smokeless propellants not exceeding 25 lb in shipping containers approved by the US Dept of Transportation, may be transported in a private vehicle.
Been wanting to try the CFE.
Free bump
Sorry. Been on the road. I think I PMed everyone back.

Everything but 1.5 cases of CFE 223 is sold pending payment.
Without Caf-Pow we wouldn't have Bricktop! smile I can't believe people are paying this much for powder.
Originally Posted by fishdog52
NFPA495-85
10-3 SMOKELESS PROPELLANTS
10-3.1 Quantities of smokeless propellants not exceeding 25 lb in shipping containers approved by the US Dept of Transportation, may be transported in a private vehicle.
Been wanting to try the CFE.
Free bump

Interesting
date night... too funny

I was lucky enough to find a new 8lb jug of varget on the gunstore shelf. They got a shipment in and someone missed a jug, but I didn't miss it. smile
Powder is higher than giraffe nut's.
Originally Posted by tripleshock
NUTS????? TEETH grin
Originally Posted by Popapi
Originally Posted by tripleshock
NUTS????? TEETH grin
There's a perception that the price has gone higher, but I think that's a mostly manufactured perception created by this current horseshit hysteria.

This powder gets purchased at retail, gets HAZMAT fees and shipping tacked on, then marked up again for additional profit, and the doomsday prepper crowd goes nuts because it's the end of times to them. I don't begrudge Sand_Man for getting what he can; if these hand-wringing Chicken Little dumbasses are going to piss away their money, you might as well get a piece of that action.

I don't begrudge Sand_Man for getting what he can; if these hand-wringing Chicken Little dumbasses are going to piss away their money, you might as well get a piece of that action.

+1
+2
Everything is sold.
Still have that cfe 223 powder?
If you have it ill buy it.
Everything is sold.
What part of this don't ya comprehend?

Heres your proof your wanting

10-3 SMOKELESS PROPELLANTS. 10-3.1 Quantities of smokeless propellants not exceeding 25 LB (11.3kg), in shipping containers approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation, may be transported in a private vehicle.

10-3.2 Quantities of smokeless propellants exceeding 25 lb (11.3kg) but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), transported in a private vehicle, shall be transported in a portable magazine having wood walls of at least 1-inc. (25.4-mm) nominal thickness.

10-3.3 Transportation of more than 50 lb (22.7 kg) of smokeless propellants in a private vehicle is prohibited.

10-3.4 Commercial shipments of smokeless propellants in quantities not exceeding 100 lb. (45.4kg) are classified for transportation purposes as flammable solids when packaged according to U.S. Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials Regulations. (Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Park 173.197a), and shall be transported accordingly.

10-3.5 Commercial shipments of smokeless propellants exceeding 100 lb (45.4 kg) or not packaged in accordance with the regulations cited in 10-3.4 shall be transported according to the U. S. Department of Transportation regulations for Class B propellant explosives.

10-3.6 Smokeless propellants shall be stored in shipping containers specified by U. S. Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials Regulations.

10-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg) may be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), may be stored in residences if kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls or at least 1-inc. (25.4-mm) nominal thickness.

10-3.8 Not more than 20 lb (9.1 kg) of smokeless propellants, in containers of 1-lb (0.45-kg) maximum capacity, shall be displayed in commercial establishments.

10-3.9 Commercial stocks of smokeless propellants should be stored as follows:
(a) Quantities exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 100 lb (45.4 kg), shall be stored in portable wooden boxes having walls of at least 1-in (25.4-mm) thickness.
(b) Quantities exceeding 100 lb (45.4 kg), but not exceeding 800 lb (363 kg), shall be stored in non portable storage cabinets having walls of at least 1-in (25.4-mm) thickness. Not more than 400 lb (181 kg) may be stored in any one cabinet and cabinets shall be separated by a distance of at least 25 ft (7.63 m) or by a fire partition having a fire resistance of at least 1 hour.
(c) Quantities exceeding 800 lb (363 kg), but not exceeding 5,000 lb (2268 kg), may be stored in a building if the following requirements are met:
1. The warehouse or storage room shall not be accessible to unauthorized personnel.
2. Smokeless propellant shall be stored in nonportable storage cabinets having wood walls at least 1 inc. (25.4 mm) thick and having shelves with no more than 3 ft (0.92 m) separation between shelves.
3. No more than 400 lb (181 kg) shall be stored in any one cabinet.
4. Cabinets shall be located against walls of the storage room or warehouse with at least 40 ft (12.2 m) between cabinets.
5. Separation between cabinets may be reduced to 250 ft (6.1m) if barricades twice the height of the cabinets are attached to the wall, midway between each cabinet. The barricades shall extend at least 10 ft (3m) outward, shall be firmly attached to the wall, and shall be constructed of 1/4-inc. (6.4-mm) boiler plate, 2-in. (51-mm) thick wood, brick, or concrete block.
6. Smokeless propellant shall be separated from materials classified by the U.S. Department of Transportation as flammable liquids, flammable solids, and oxidizing materials by a distance of 25 ft (7.63mm) or by a fire partition having a fire resistance of at least 1 hour.
7. The building shall be protected by an automatic sprinkler system installed accordingly to NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems.

(d) Smokeless propellants not stored according to (a), (b) and (c) above shall be stored in a Type 4 magazine constructed and located according to Chapter 6.

Reprinted with permission from NFPA495-85, Standard for the Manufacture, Transportation, Storage and Use of Explosive Materials, (c) 1985, National Fire Protection Association, Quincy, MA 02269. This reprinted material is not the complete and official position of the NFPA on the referenced subject, which is represented by the Standard in its entirety.
Do you still have cfe 223 powder and will you ship?
As far as I can tell, the NFPA is not an official government organization and it's guidelines are just that... guidelines.
© 24hourcampfire