Home
Posted By: moosemike Winchester model 12 - 06/29/13
For sale is a minty Winchester model 12 with modified choke and 30" barrel chambered for 2 3/4" shells. Date of man. is 1940. The wood is outstanding and the bluing is excellent with some wear on the underside of receiver/magazine tube (carry point). There is nothing wrong with this gun. Asking $500. Will consider trades. I don't really want to ship this gun. I'm really looking fore a face to face transaction and I'm willing tomeet somebody within an hour of Lebanon PA.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 30338 Re: Winchester model 12 - 06/29/13
Wow, that is really nice. Love the model 12s and that one looks really clean.
Posted By: ramiller Re: Winchester model 12 - 06/30/13
Was it refinished? closer pics of the reciever and mag tube ring Ron Miller.
Posted By: remy120777 Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/01/13
What are you looking for in a trade?
Posted By: Hubert Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/01/13
if you want to sell it you need to answer some questions. was it reblued??easy question.
Posted By: Sako Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/01/13
What gauge may help as well....
Posted By: moosemike Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/01/13
Originally Posted by Hubert
if you want to sell it you need to answer some questions. was it reblued??easy question.

No, it was not reblued. I have no problem answering questions. Yesterday got alittle hectic for me and I just didn't get online. Sorry.
Originally Posted by Sako
What gauge may help as well....

It is a 12 gauge with 30" barrel and modified choke.
Originally Posted by remy120777
What are you looking for in a trade?

Deer rifles pique my interest. I don't really have anything for certain in mind.
Originally Posted by ramiller
Was it refinished? closer pics of the reciever and mag tube ring Ron Miller.

I'll get those on later today.
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/01/13
I have a 1952 Win Mod 70 in 270 WCF that I would be willing to trade for your Model 12. There would have to be some cash on your end. The rifle is all original with the factory sights and butt plate. I can send pics if you are interested.
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
I have a 1952 Win Mod 70 in 270 WCF that I would be willing to trade for your Model 12. There would have to be some cash on your end. The rifle is all original with the factory sights and butt plate. I can send pics if you are interested.

I understand that there would need to be some cash putout on my end and that is a gun thatI would love to have. Unfortunately at this time I don't have any extra $$$. Thanks for the offer though.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/01/13
These pics really don't help much. It's not really that hard. Take in good lighting, take one full lenght of both sides, one of each side of both stocks and receiver and barrel and maybe top view and bottom view.
If i'm spending my hard earned money I want to know what i'm getting.
Originally Posted by jahrs
These pics really don't help much. It's not really that hard. Take in good lighting, take one full lenght of both sides, one of each side of both stocks and receiver and barrel and maybe top view and bottom view.
If i'm spending my hard earned money I want to know what i'm getting.

I stated in my original post that I'm not looking to ship this gun. Anyone who wants to do a face to face transaction can hold the gun in their hands and see all the views they want in whatever light they want. I'm not looking to screw anybody or make anyone fork over their hard earned money without clearly seeing (and handling) what they'll be getting. My other reason for not shipping is theis gun is too nice to trust to those gorilla's at FedEx and UPS. This gun is a survivor and if those clowns somehow ruined it I wouldn't be able to sleep at night due to my conscience.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/02/13
never mind Sorry..
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/02/13

Wish you luck with the sale of your shotgun.
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/02/13
Originally Posted by moosemike
I'm not looking to screw anybody or make anyone fork over their hard earned money without clearly seeing (and handling) what they'll be getting.

I wasn't insinuating that you were trying to rip anyone off. I meant that your pictures suck and you should do a better job at taking them.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/02/13
Originally Posted by jahrs
Originally Posted by moosemike
I'm not looking to screw anybody or make anyone fork over their hard earned money without clearly seeing (and handling) what they'll be getting.

I wasn't insinuating that you were trying to rip anyone off. I meant that your pictures suck and you should do a better job at taking them.

I've been wanting to take some pics outside in the sunlight, but it hasn't been sunny here in the last week and today is no different. My camera sucks for taking indoor pics.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/03/13
OK, I've decided I will ship this gun for $540. Once I get home today I will work on taking more thorough pictures that show the gun better.
Posted By: ramiller Re: Winchester model 12 - 07/06/13
you have a response from me in your pm or e-mail at [email protected] thank you
© 24hourcampfire