Home
This is a Mannlicher Schonauer model 1908 in 8x56 MS with factory installed bases and detachable rings. Included is a luepold 2x7 vari xII scope. The mounts and rings a very hard to find intact on these and are worth a bit alone. The rifle is in overall excellent condition for a rifle made in 1909 and shoots and functions perfect. The bore is bright and shiny. This cool factor is off the charts for this rifle . $850.00 shipped. [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][img]http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/yar111/014_zps2bc5d633.jpg[/img]
Bump for a beautiful rifle.
what is LOP to wood/end of recoil pad?
LOP is 13 1/2 from end of recoil to front trigger.
Spa-loosh !!
Action is buttery smooth, these are some of the finest rifles ever made !
so about 11 1/2" to wood? 0.323" bore?
12 to end of wood and .323 bore.
btt
Btt
Btt
Cool rifle. For what it's worth the Privi Partizan website shows they are going to produce brass and loaded ammo for the 8x56MS. Thought I'd throw that out there and give a free bump for a neat rifle.
Thanks, there is ammo out there just not cheap. Privi partisan should be reasonable alternative.
I will sell without scope for 750.00 Tyd.
Btt
Is the 8x56 RS & the 8x56 MS one & the same?
No one was a rimmed military round and 8 x 56 ms was a proprietary commercial hunting round developed by Mannlicher for this 1908 carbine. Very similar to 35 Remington in ballistics. The first model 1903 was chambered for the 6.5x 54 MS then the 1908 and the 8x56 MS and the last one the model 1910 in 9.5 x 57 MS all developed as commercial hunting rounds.
Btt
Bump
wish i had the cash, would be great to have till i get my Greek 6.5x54MS up and running.....no way in hell you could buy a rifle of this quality for $750 today, hell even my Greek Military gun that came off the same "assembly line" as these sporting rifles is outstanding in fit and finish....
How hard is it to find ammo for this rifle. Do you haave brass and dies?
Is it hard to find this ammo?
Do you have brass and dies?
I don't know about ammo availability, but both dies and brass are available and in stock from Buffalo Arms Company.
Ammo in two different weights at fairly reasonable prices are listed as in stock at Graf & sons

SOME ONE BUY THIS - IT IS A STEAL!
I believe the Graf ammo is rimmed , not the same as 8X56 MS.
Hmpf. right you is!
Will PPU 8x56 RS Mannlicher work in this rifle?
R = rimmed. Not for this gun.
Very cool rifle!
man, it suck to be poor! I really want this gun!
Free bump for a gorgeous rifle. if I had not taken a forced downsizing to a lesser position in my company, I would be all over this like a cheap suit, the gun a this price is about $375, the mounts and scope at about $200 each, making for a very affordable rig I do say
Respectfully offer 800. shipped as shown.
Alex
[email protected]
No response from seller; offer withdrawn.
© 24hourcampfire