Home
This is an original 629-2 Mountain Revolver, the predecessor to the "Mountain Gun", in excellent condition. Chambered in 44 magnum, they are powerful guns, powerful enough for practically any animal that bites, scratches, kicks, or scampers through the forest. This one has been Magnaported to reduce recoil, allowing faster follow-up shots in the unlikely event one might be needed. This must be shipped to an FFL Dealer. $850.00 + Shipping. Payment by USPS Postal Money Order only. No California sales, per my dealer. Too much hassle, I guess. More pics available to anyone seriously interested. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Gibby Re: 629-2 Mountain Gun 44 Magnum - 11/23/13
predecessor to the "mountain gun" ?????

I have a 629 Mountain gun--- no dashes!
This is the "Mountain Revolver", one of the first limited production run, not the regular production run guns which were called "Mountain Gun". Easy way to tell: the right side of the barrel on the Mountain Revolver is rollmarked, the Mountain Guns are electro-etched "Mountain Gun". Also notice the blackpowder chamfer on my cylinder.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gibby Re: 629-2 Mountain Gun 44 Magnum - 11/24/13
Yea, the "Mountain Gun" (1st one) Had no model name. Your gun has all the same features.

The ported barrel is definitely a plus. A 39oz. 44 mag is a handful with heavy loads (S&W heavies).
Yep. It's the real deal.
I have one just like it only it has the original Pachmayr grips. They only made 5000 of these. Supposedly they sold so fast they changed the grips and the name and starting making them a regular production revolver. I bought mine new in the late 80s if I remember correctly. Nice gun.

John
I have CRS but didn't they have a contest to name it?
Found this on:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/201185-mountain-guns.html

Here's another example of an early 629-2 "Mountain Revolver". Production was limited to 5000 units in 1989 and it differed from later Mountain Guns by it's hard-chromed forged internals, satin finish, and Pachmayer grips.
I bought it from the original owner. He swears up and down that the Hogues are original. I can't say for certain either way, although I was the second person to shoot it. I've known the guy over thirty years, and remember when he bought it.
It doesn't matter anyway. It's a very nice revolver. Good luck with the sale.

John
Originally Posted by yeselk
It doesn't matter anyway. It's a very nice revolver.
This ^^^^^

Originally Posted by Gibby
A 39oz. 44 mag is a handful with heavy loads.
And This ^^^^^
Bumped for a bright, shiny new day!

I hate it when I'm cheerful...
pm sent
Pics sent.
Damn I wish
A. I could talk myself into needing this.

B. I had $800 laying around!
Originally Posted by Gibby

A 39oz. 44 mag is a handful with heavy loads (S&W heavies).

I have a S&W Trail Boss (N frame, 40 oz., 44 Mag w/ 3 inch ported barrel) and it is very manageable. I would expect the same of the Mountain Gun.

Nice revolver.
Originally owned by a little old lady from Pasadena who used it for...
To the top!
Once again
Posted By: tzone Re: 629-2 Mountain Gun 44 Magnum - 11/29/13
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Damn I wish

Lol... I'm having no trouble with "A" but I am with "B". grin
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Damn I wish

Lol... I'm having no trouble with "A" but I am with "B". grin

I've met both... whistle
One more time...
Last bump.
I lied... laugh
Any interest in trading for my really nice Smith and Wesson model 586? This one has had a NICE action and trigger job done and is wearing some skip line checkered Herrets Grips.

I can send some pictures of it to an e-mail address or a cell phone if you wish, and if you reply in a PM with either a cell number or an e-mail address.

MARK
I'm after the cash for Christmas Mark. Thanks for asking!
Sounds to me like you better give Muleshoe a hollar.
He passed, but there are other nibbles.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Sounds to me like you better give Muleshoe a hollar.

We hollared back and forth across the river and few times.

This looks to be an extremely nice wheelgun and I'd love to have it. I just can't quite swing it. Gotta quit looking. frown

Bumper...
I understand. I've got a 629-4 MG. The question is do you have one. If not, the answer is you NEED one. Personally I prefer to buy my own Christmas presents. You get what you really want. smile Encourage the wife to do the same. Works out good!!! My wife knows I want what I want. Not something close.
Posted By: docdb Re: 629-2 Mountain Gun 44 Magnum - 12/05/13
Went to sleep thinking about it, woke up thinking about it....................
I'll take it!
We can discuss the particulars via email
Thanks,
Don
[email protected]
Thank you!
Posted By: docdb Re: 629-2 Mountain Gun 44 Magnum - 12/05/13
Glad to help!
SPF to docdb.

Thank you all for your interest and support.

Merry Christmas!

Bob
Posted By: docdb Re: 629-2 Mountain Gun 44 Magnum - 12/15/13
Got it, nice piece of hardware!
Thanks for a great sale
© 24hourcampfire