Home
Posted By: chris84 Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 12/04/13
Who wants one? Don't care if you're maybe going to get one, I need for sure numbers - I don't want to be stuck paying for a bunch of these. Currently have enough material to make 25.

I'll make the knob the same shape as factory unless the majority would like it modified to a different shape.

They will $50 shipped.

Let me know how many & what model, I'll make them & get in contact when they are finished. Probably take at least a month, depending on how busy the lathe department is.
Chris, I will take two 84m. Del
Maybe Titanium...?

Good idea. Will this install directly onto the bolt assembly?
I had a brain fart. Happens all the time to me.
I will take 2 for an 84M. The original shape works for me but an alternative (improved) shaped handle would also work.
I'll take 1 for a 84M (338 Federal), thanks.

I will take 1 for the Montana 8400. Thank you!
1 for an 84m. Any chance of drilled bolt handle?
Posted By: cal74 Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 12/05/13
I'll be in for one for an 84l (same as 84m I believe).

Thanks for doing this
Originally Posted by taz4570

Will this install directly onto the bolt assembly?

Yes, they're threaded - unscrew the factory & screw in the new one.

Originally Posted by MRxHILLBILLY
Any chance of drilled bolt handle?

I planned on drilling into the end of the knob

2 for me 84m.......gl
I'll take two. 84M Montana .204.

I would also take a couple of light weight trigger guards if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
I had one of these in .260 and my uncle got it from me. His wife had a .260 Montana too. Now they match.

Still have one high end .260 though. Love this shooter. No kick, what can one say.
I'll take 2, one 84m, now 84L.
Posted By: TPAK Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 12/05/13
I'm in for two for 84M. Thanks
I'll take two for the 84M series. If anything I would prefer a slightly bigger round knob with a slightly longer shank, but not a "kenworth" size.
I'll take an 84m....
One for an 8400 here please
Ill take one for an 84 M.
I'll take one for an 84L.
A quick count not counting PM's is 22 so if you want one you better get in line.
How much weight will it cut? I want one for my 8400 in 300 win mag.
Posted By: BW Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 12/05/13
Okay then, I'll take three in 84M flavor please.

(I have 5 of them, but sounds like you're out of unobtainium.)
If you have room for one more I will take one for an 8400
If enough want them I can get more stock. Just didn't want to buy too much to begin with.

1 for an 84m
Two (2) for Montana 8400 300wsm and 325wsm

Thanks
Looks like I will have to get another bar, so if anyone else wants one get on the list.

Originally Posted by muleyklr
How much weight will it cut? I want one for my 8400 in 300 win mag.

Pictures by chance?
Haven't made them yet, I wanted to get a count before starting.

Should look like the factory but with a hole in the end of the knob & the color will be slightly different because they will be TI instead of SS.

If it's not too late, I would like two (2) for an 84M.
Will take 2 for 8400 Montana's
Posted By: cal74 Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 01/04/14
Any updates on these?
Been thinking on these also.
I pulled the bolts from my 84L and 84M and they are the same.
We met up and he measured them both
Hopefully he can give us an update.
I have not tried to take my 2 off. How did you get them off. Are they loctite on or just screwed on.
Both. Wrap your bolt handle and put it in a vise then turn it off.
Still working on these guys. With the holidays & customers wanting their jobs finished before the first, we couldn't get them in. I hope to have them finished by the end of the month.
Thanks for the update....
I'll take two for 84M if available.

Thanks
If you have enough material, I would also like one (1) for a 84L.
Do you want payment in advance (USPS MO or Paypal?)
I'll try one/ 325 montana
Would like to add one more to the request if available

Thanks
Posted By: 40O Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 01/12/14
Did this ever happen?
Latest update is below. I still need to pick up the rifle to put mine on :-)

Originally Posted by chris84
Still working on these guys. With the holidays & customers wanting their jobs finished before the first, we couldn't get them in. I hope to have them finished by the end of the month.
Posted By: vj88 Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 01/13/14
I would like to add one Kimber Montana 7mm-08. pm sent
Update:
Have them all turned, just need to drill out the knobs & bead blast. Will have them done by the end of next week (1/31).

I sent a PM to everyone that said they wanted one. If I somehow missed you let me know.

[Linked Image]
Third row from the top, second one in--what is it? Looks like a longer handle tactical knob.

Are they for sale too?
I'll take one for an 84L if there are any left Chris.

That was a custom request, only one was made. All the stock is used up currently, but I may do some more in a couple months if you're interested.

Yes, I'm interested in a longer bigger knob shape. I would think that some others would be also if you could show some clear pictures.
[Linked Image]
I'm not sure how I missed this buy. Chris, please...send me a PM if you are going to make more of these.
[Linked Image]

Nice job on all of them.

Is the "tactical" size available for the 84M?
It was made for the 84 models, next time I could make more of them.
Posted By: Mink Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 01/27/14
I would be down for one of the tactical types when you get set for a second batch.
Yes, I'd like one of the tactical ones also if you decide to do a second run.
Originally Posted by Mink
I would be down for one of the tactical types when you get set for a second batch.

Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Yes, I'd like one of the tactical ones also if you decide to do a second run.

I'll start a list.

Could Tom K. in AK pm with what your board handle is.
Posted By: Mull Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 01/28/14
Any Chance You Could Dup. A Acsent Style..
Posted By: 40O Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 01/28/14
Please, include me in the next round. 1 for a 84L. Looking for the non-tactical, lightweight handle.
Thanks,
Pete

I would take one of the tactical bolt handles for a 8400 classic.
What's different? Pic?
Chris, please put me on the list for an 84. I'll take one of the standard ones for an 84, but I'd be VERY interested if you ever decided to dupe the Ascent style bolt handle (hollowed bolt knob with the scalloped handle).
Could Tom K. in AK pm with what your board handle is.

Also Ted A in AK same thing.

Guys if you do not include your board handle with your payment I won't know what to send you & I'm not going to search through 30some PM's to find who you are. If I keep getting payments with no user names I'm going to start sending them back.

I have you on the list.

I probably could, but it's going to cost more.
I have you on the list.

I probably could, but it's going to cost more.

I'd happily pay more for an Ascent style handle, and I'll bet others would too.
Posted By: BW Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 01/29/14
Tough time with us Alaskans. wink

As soon as I get back across the pond, I'll send you a money order. I haven't forgotten.
Originally Posted by BW
Tough time with us Alaskans. wink

Ya, 1 out of 4 included their handle like I asked

As soon as I get back across the pond, I'll send you a money order. I haven't forgotten.

Not a problem.

Tom K. in AK pm with what your board handle is - Still waiting for this.

If I have PM'ed you stating I received your payment you handle(s) will be shipped tomorrow.

Posted By: cal74 Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 01/31/14
If I have PM'ed you stating I received your payment you handle(s) will be shipped tomorrow.

I sent payment last Sat, hope it made it there by now? Username (print out of our PM's was also) included.
My wife was really stoked when she laid eyes on this sweet Titanium knob; she loves her Kimber Montana.
She'd take this piece over jewels or chocolates any day.

Kudos, Chris, great factory-original looking work!
Mine arrived today as well. Excellent craftsmanship.
Ditto!
Posted By: cal74 Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 02/04/14
Hate you all, I'm out of town for two weeks frown
Posted By: pmn Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 02/04/14
If you do another run I will take one for an 84M, and I would pay more for an Ascent style.
Posted By: TPAK Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 02/04/14
Received my ti-kimber bolt handles today, they look great.

Thanks Chris for putting these together.
got mine today aswell....thanks Chris!

[Linked Image]
Received mine. It is terrific. Thanks Chris
Count me in for a tactical for a 84L
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Count me in for a tactical for a 84L

laugh already had a normal Ti from the last guy that did them on here......asked Chris if he could do a tactical one for me, he asked if i would pay over the base price......why of course..... grin now cant wait to get done at work to go screw it on......
Rattler can you post a pic of the bolt on the rifle when you install it. I find my nuckles awful close to the scope on mine, would love to get a little ways off it with a tactical handle.
will do....prolly be an hour or better before im home though....running late getting pages together this week crazy
Looking forward to it, thanks.
sorry can find my original handle eek but IIRC he matched the factory except for the hollowed bolt head

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/rattler_mt/guns/IMG_0469_zps69fffb2c.jpg[/img]

Man I like that clearance from the scope. How does it feel?
i like it but i like handles like this, even on light weight sporting rifles, cause i run the bolt with my palm and it just goes real well with this style of bolt handle ect......prolly not for someone that runs a bolt with their thumb and index finger.....
I'm showing almost half the weight.
I'm thinking I have this Kimber .308 under 5 lbs (4lbs 15oz) with the lightweight bolt knob and trigger guard. I'm going to check when I get the time. Should be Kimber ascent territory at $1K less.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Glad to hear everyone likes them.
Really wanting you to produce a run of the "tactical" handles. I'd buy a couple.
Really wanting you to produce a run of the "tactical" handles. I'd buy a couple.

^^^^^^^^^^ this
Posted By: LazyV Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 02/05/14
I'm hoping you'll make some of the ascent style bolt handles....

Next bunch of handles will ship tomorrow.

I'll make some on the next run.

Originally Posted by LazyV
I'm hoping you'll make some of the ascent style bolt handles....

Still thinking about if I want to do the ascent style or not.

I received both of mine today. The fit and finish is excellent. Thanks for providing these.
Got mine too...great job!
When do you expect to have more material?
I'll start getting things together at the end of the month.

Sara H in Murphy NC I received your payment but need to know your board handle.

Sara H in Murphy NC I received your payment but need to know your board handle.

Still waiting to be contacted

Handles?

Hell, put me down for 2,,,,,,,Complete actions,,,,,,left handed....
Chris, These are awesome, They are a great add on for my rifles, fit perfect and look great.

Sara Hickey of Murphy NC I will be sending your payment back in 3 days if you do not contact me to let me know what model you have & your board handle.

Still have some guys that said they wanted these & never paid. I'm assuming you no longer are interested & will be moving on to others that are unless you contact me within the next 2 days.

Wow....A guy decides to help us out around here after we ask him repeatedly to make these handles, and losers and deadbeats can't follow through with a simple $50 payment and 'forum name' instructions?

No wonder some guys decide to say 'screw it' and pass on machinist projects like these. What a pita.

Sara Hickey of Murphy NC I will be sending your payment back in 3 days if you do not contact me to let me know what model you have & your board handle.

Still have some guys that said they wanted these & never paid. I'm assuming you no longer are interested & will be moving on to others that are unless you contact me within the next 2 days.

I'll take another one if you have some that get freed up. I need one for my 84M 223 now!
Posted By: Dan_M Re: Kimber Titanium Bolt Handles - 09/14/14
Mr Chris, are you still making these?

84L, skeletonized to Alaska.
© 24hourcampfire